[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Death of Stereo in Phones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: Phones.jpg (1MB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Phones.jpg
1MB, 2100x1500px
Yeah, I know it's the Moto Z not the X and it's a rumor-induced render for the Nexus 2016, but it looks this year everyone gave up on stereo front-facing speakers on phones. It seems stupid people that want pretty screens with terrible audio have pushed design in a terrible direction. What do you guys think? Do you not give a shit like the stupid masses?
>>
Who the fuck needs or wants to listen to audio that is anything but message/ringtones through the phones speakers?
>>
I just use headphones.
>>
>>55821397
The ZTE axon 7 just came out you idiot.
>>
>Do you not give a shit like the stupid masses?
No we don't give a shit because phone speakers have always, and always will be, utter and complete shit.
1) Nobody wants to have to listen to your fucking awful music
2) It sounds like tinny disgusting garbage through those speakers

Buy a pair of earbuds you inbred cunt
>>
Kek. Reminds me of when my company got a HTC Surround WP7 phone for free from Microsoft.

It was like a keyboard phone, except instead of a keyboard what you pulled out were "surround sound speakers".

Sound was ok but not great. My favorite moment was when I tried to install spotify, and it literally said "reboot to complete installation". That's when I knew Windows Phone was kill.
>>
No stereo - no buy
>>
>>55821397

Phones have been shit since 2014, the One M8 was shit, the Moto X 2nd gen was shit, The Moto G 2nd gen was shit, The Nexus 6 was shit, and all samsungs are shit.
>>
Don't be that asshole that uses his phone without headphones
>>
>>55821397
>i am better than everyone else
Welp, at least you arent spouting off on pol about secret youtube knowledge that makes you better than everyone else. 1/10 nice shitthread
>>
>>55821633
>>55821511
>>55821559
2016 also just so happens to be the year that headphone jacks are being removed too
>>
for what purpose?
so you can watch your ebin mobies on your glorious 5 inch 4k screen?
>>
>>55821397
Literally what was the point though

They're so close together you can't tell the difference anyway
>>
File: sony_big.jpg (21KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
sony_big.jpg
21KB, 759x422px
>>55821664
I'll just use wireless headphones.
>>
>>55821731
>>55821397
I know on my phone, the nexus 5x, the top grill is only used for calls and the bottom grill is a sole loudspeaker. There's a software mod you can flash that makes use of the quieter top speaker so you get 'stereo' sound but you can hardly tell the difference. I don't really give a shit about stereo sound on a smartphone, but I think overall loudness matters to a lot of people.
>>
>>55821559
What about watching a video at home when you don't want to turn on the computer or find your headphones just to watch a 2 minute fucking video?
>>
>>55821972
then mono will be good enough for that 2 minute fucking video
>>
>>55821397
just get 2 phones poorfag
>>
>>55821972
The single speaker is fine for such a shitty situation.
>>
File: 1467554400410.png (482KB, 656x523px) Image search: [Google]
1467554400410.png
482KB, 656x523px
I fucking hate niggers who play their loud obnoxious trap music in the middle of the street while walking. I know that sounds /pol/ and all, but it just happened to me. It pissed me off alot, because of his smug ass grin throughout the ordeal
>>
>>55822142
Then why don't you tell em to stop playing that music . You scared whiteboi?
>>
>>55822142
these guys are just enjoying jamming some tunes. Are you angry because you have too much anxiety to listen to your music in public?
Life enjoyment tip #1 - no one actually gives a shit.
>>
Who gives a fuck? who needs stereo speakers on a phone? Go be poor somewhere else.
>>
>>55822142
On a real note, why do black people literally deafen themselves by playing music so loud that you can hear the beat from their earbuds while its in their ears? That's crazy familias
>>
OP here.

1. Some of you guys are dumber than even I anticipated. No one's talking about music. Stereo speakers would be absolutely unnecessary for that since you're just putting it down anyway. I agree, people who force their music on others are idiots.

2. Anyone saying you can't hear a difference hasn't even used an HTC One. My M9 sounds fucking amazing and every time I hear it I go "whoa that sounds better than I remembered". The Dolby virtual surround makes it even better, as hard to believe as that is. It completely changes the way you use your phone. I never watched movies on my phone before but now I do. I hardly use my computer for anything but games and productivity. Phones are the future. People talk all the time about watching Netflix on their huge Samsung phones and that's absolute shit. Watching videos is dramatically better with stereo speakers and if you've never experienced it, I pity you.

tl;dr: Listen to a video on an HTC One and you'll be blown away. You'll change your mind and use your phone differently. Don't play music on it.
>>
>>55821664
Not from good phones

Only iPhones
>>
>>55822342
Dude you're going to have shitty hearing when your 40 anyways. Might as well enjoy your youth and turn it up.
Being young means you can make mistakes and get away with it.
>>
>>55822422
Im pretty sure this logic is the reason why so many people are losing their hearing by 40.
>>
>>55822419
>implying all the good phone wont copy it

all you will have left in a couple of years is chinese phones
>>
>>55822030
>>55822135
But your hands would get in the way if it's on the back or on the side.
>>
>>55822444
Nah. That's the old age doin it.
>>
>>55821603
>surround sound
>all sound comes from one source
>>
>>55822469
>But your hands would get in the way if it's on the back...
But the back speaker is designed specifically to fire into your palm and reflect toward you.
>>
Anyone know anything about the new Nexus phones? All I've heard it's a regular schedule of releasing around October IIRC.
>>
Nexus 6p has stereo speakers
>>
>>55822499
>never listened to a sound bar
>thinks he's qualified to talk about virtual surround sound
>>55822603
That's fucking stupid and works like shit.
>>55822609
There are plenty of leaks just go google it.
>>55822654
Yes and that's a 2015 phone. Which reminds me, Iput the Moto G 2014 in 2015 but you get the point.
>>55822419
The Moto Z has already done it.
>>55822444
Exactly what I was going to say. So many stupid people doing stupid shit because "I'm young, I can make mistakes".
>>
>>55822742
>That's fucking stupid and works like shit.
It works fairly well actually, if all you're doing is watching a 2 minute Youtube video.
>>
>>55821664
No they are just going digital so sound quality will be even better.

Android phones will probably replace theirs too with usb c.
>>
> caring about having 2 utterly shit speakers instead of 1

In theory, the saved space could be used for one improved mono speaker, which would be far, far better than completely useless stereo
>>
>>55821666
Nice trips there satan.
>>
>>55822923
I had that for years and if your hearing isn't shit, it sounds terrible and is incredibly annoying to cup your hand like an idiot.
>>55823196
The speakers on the HTC One M9 are way better than on other phones. If all you've heard is Samsung phones, don't assume others are terrible. For videos, they sound pretty good.
>>
>>55821397
look at those iphone clones
>>
I don't need you faggots blasting your fucking boom box phones in public.
>>
>>55821397
would much rather have a single higher quality mono speaker than a couple of shit ass stereo ones.
>>
>>55822472
Spoken like a child.
>>
>>55822742
>moto z
> good phone
Pick one
>>
only black people and cholos blast music through their phone.
>>
>>55821631
>Nexus 6
>shit
jej
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.