[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suppose this is the right place to put this in. You can put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: pc_builderino.png (252KB, 1450x1318px) Image search: [Google]
pc_builderino.png
252KB, 1450x1318px
I suppose this is the right place to put this in. You can put a fist up my ass if it's not.

First time building a gaming pc and looking for help and tips... so /g/ do your worst and tell me if I've fucked up or if it's actually a decent build.
>>
>>55821297

Looks fine for a top enthusiast build

Is seasonic a good psu brand? I always go corsair
>>
>>55821322

From what i've understood Seasonic is the company making the psu's for Corsair etc... So I figured maybe they have the best ones.

I can not speak from experience though.
>>
cheesy penis
>>
>>55821297
Dude, i5's are fine when gaming. You'll get about like 2-3 FPS gaming difference between 6600K and 6700K. Go for 6600K for gaming. 6700K are for people doing rendering/editing. And that cooler is uhhhh
>>
>>55821432

Good uhhhh or bad uhhhh.

I used to work in films and still do some freelancing. I've got a mac set up as my editing computer but I'm planning on using this to some extend as well so I'm gonna need that extra processing.

..but seriously the cooler.. good or bad?
>>
>>55821322
Seasonic is noname chink shit. Corsair is a way to go gaming psu
>>
>>55821639

Any reviews to back up seasonic being shitty?
>>
>>55821297
I'd go with 4x4GiB rather than 2x8GiB.
>>
Meme ram speeds
>>
>>55821993
How come?

I was thinking about leaving 2 slots open if I want to get an other 2x8 in the future.
>>
Why in the fuck is their Hero board only about $30 more than the Ranger? I hate when companies pull this shit.
>>
>>55821297
That case is really cheap for a 1080 and an i7 and probably has shitty cable management. Get either a Fractal Design, Corsair, or Phanteks. Might also want to consider a fully modular power supply for cleaner organization (from Seasonic) and a M.2 SSD (if the motherboard supports it).
>>
>>55821993
How come?

I was thinking about leaving two slots open if I want to get an other 2x8 in the future.
>>
If it's for gaming an i5 6600k is enough, also I don't recomend the Asus mobo since are overpriced just get one that is neither really cheap and has the features you need. And as far as know Seasonic is a good PSU brand.

Also is you're are not going to make SLI you can build a smaller PC with a lower wattage PSU.
>>
File: &&&.png (64KB, 586x528px) Image search: [Google]
&&&.png
64KB, 586x528px
Don't mean to hijack, but how's this build looking for a first time PC build? Am I making any big mistakes? Case is a little funky but oh well

Also, anything I should know before assembly? Like "oh fuck you need a SSD holder" advice
>>
>>55821639
>>55821912
HAHAHAHA that's a fucking good one. Seasonic is the brand that makes Corsair's AX lines and EVGA's Platinum power supplies.

Seasonic is the brand to get if you want quality at the expense of faggy gaming brands.
>>
with a skylake would i need wangblows10 because reasons? I can't remember if there is enough shit like dx12 and stuff making it worthwhile to be spied on

also which gpu/cpu aftermarket coolers dont sound like wind turbines?
>>
>>55821595
It's fuck ugly, but very effective. One of the best air coolers you can get. Also expensive.
>>
>>55821297
You bought all of that overpriced shit and then cheaped out on the HDD?
>>
which one of these cases would you pick?>>55822226

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M.html

http://www.corsair.com/en/graphite-series-230t-windowed-compact-mid-tower-case-battleship-grey
>>
>>55822247
I think you are gonna need more storage than 250GB. At least look for a 1 TB HDD
>>
>>55822247
Get a hard drive, and dont bother with a CPU fan if you're not gonna overclock
>>
>>55821363
This is correct. Also, I have 4, and have had no problems.
>>
>>55822397

Phanteks. They have higher build quality overall. Really feels premium.
>>
>>55821595
You may want to consider the Cooler Master hyper 212 line. Way cheaper and work just fine.

(Also less visually offensive IMO)
>>
>>55822443

Yeah I definitely looks more sturdy.
>>
>>55822525
it*
>>
>>55822539
She looks more sturdy
>>
>>55822242
>>55822126
I was eating, But anyways, having more chips makes the memory more flexible so you're not putting everything on just those two chips.
>>
>>55822525

Yeah, don't forget to grab some of these for your case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213001
>>
File: &&.png (44KB, 1021x393px) Image search: [Google]
&&.png
44KB, 1021x393px
>>55822401
>>55822399

Question, I should probably go for a cheaper SSD then if I get the 1 TB HDD right? Like pic related.

Also, I ditched my motherboard and wireless card for the built in wireless card motherboard.
>>
>>55822584
Yeah, it depends of what you are gonna do what the PC. If you are gonna play games, you should have them on the SSD for faster loading.
Obviously, the OS should always be loaded onto the SSD
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.