[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was the last great flagship smartphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: samsung-galaxy-s5.jpg (117KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-s5.jpg
117KB, 600x516px
This was the last great flagship smartphone
>>
>>55815520
That had one of the worst versions of touch wiz and in Europe it was locked
>>
>>55815520
>finding a custom ROM of any value is impossible becuase it's burried by a billion other ROMs made by just as many pajeets

yeah this phone sucks bcus touchjizz sucks and finding a decent OS is impossible bcus of the aforementioned reasons.
>>
File: topic_iphone_4s.png (191KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
topic_iphone_4s.png
191KB, 800x800px
>>55815520
pic related
>>
android 6.0.1 fixes all the touchjizz lag problems faggots. update or suffer
>>
>>55815598
Resurrection Remix is the best 6.0.1 ROM for it right now.
>>
I test websites on this piece of shit every day. Even though Android + Chrome is an infinitely better combination for web compatibility than iPhone + Safari, the phone itself is lagging all the time, animations are choppy, and Samsung skin is disgusting.
And yes, it's been updated to 6.0.1 and reset.
>>
>>55815544
I just rooted it through download mode and then installed twrp. I didn't have to go through any unlocking process.

>>55815598
You know that S5 has official CM13 builds, right? It even gets daily nightlies and is in the list of the devices that are going to get official CM14 builds.
>>
>>55815520
I'm using it right now. For most phones after about 2 years they aren't relevant anymore and not worth using.

Performance wise, mine is the same as it was out of the box if not better. After 2 years I see no reason to switch.
>>
>>55815520
I'm still using it. It runs perfectly fine with the custom ROM I'm using. There's no lag at all.
>>
There was a batch of S5's that were basically working lemons.

Some ended up being amazing and some are just laggy pieces of shit. Having had one of each I can attest to it.
>>
File: image.png (388KB, 1080x1445px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
388KB, 1080x1445px
>>55815617
see pic related
>>
File: samsung-galaxy-note-2.jpg (170KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-note-2.jpg
170KB, 1920x1440px
oh it was much much earlier than that...
>>
>>55818171
This.
Bought used for $150 a few months ago, works perfectly, battery lasts 5-6h SOT, pen is near useless but a nice gimmick nonetheless. Only negatives would be the fact you need to wait like 2 seconds to wake the screen up due to the design of the Exynos CPU at the time (same deal with S3 phones), and the fact that the maximum brightness is still kinda low compared to modern day smartphones for outside use.

Ditto's Note 4 ROM is what I recommend personally if you're into that, 4.4.2 is as much as it is going to go, but it doesn't really matter since standby time is stellar and it looks the same as the Note 4 would look like.
>>
File: HTB1_ZWnIXXXXXXWXpXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg (133KB, 629x425px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1_ZWnIXXXXXXWXpXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg
133KB, 629x425px
>>55815520
Y'all plebs
>>
>>55817890
>Update
>Samsung smartphone
>>
>>55818642
Which one is that?
>>
>>55819427
Vibe shot
>>
>>55815520
I'm thinking about buying one for the sake of the removable battery and waterproofing for Ingress.
>>
I want to buy refurbished LG G2 and flash cm13 on it. I never had this phone but always thought it's amazing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.