[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, art nerd here. How long until I can spend a lazy sunday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Rembrandt_Delft_13.jpg (89KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
Rembrandt_Delft_13.jpg
89KB, 600x508px
Hi /g/, art nerd here. How long until I can spend a lazy sunday 3D-printing an atomically correct copy of a Rembrandt? Like, 5 years? 10?

thx
>>
>>55812551
um, if you want to print art you can just by a 5 meter printer and a roll of canvas and start printing it out.

you're never going to be able to reproduce canvases out of plastics but i suspect you're trolling and you know that.
>>
>>55812572
>um, if you want to print art you can just by a 5 meter printer and a roll of canvas and start printing it out.
Doesn't capture the texture, thus is shit.

Why would 3D printing only be able to manage plastics?
>>
>>55812551
>>55812580
If you're going for a believable knock of you're best learning to paint. Because useing a printer to build up layers will leave an obvious seem.
Even if it were capable of microns thin layers, we'll have pones that'll be able to zoom in enough and detect a knock off easily.
>>
>>55812636
I'm not looking to commit fraud, I just want a excellent copy of Rembrandt (or whatever) in my house. Textures and layers and all.
>>
>>55812651
Probably best off looking for a bench like printer, rather than a pass through printer.

Then you'd have to make many layers to get build up,

You should try some 3d printing forums to find a guy willing to map out the High res multi angle shots they have of the image you want into a 3d framework for you to chop up layers and fill with the right colors. it's not something easily done, unless you work in that field, even then it's a pain in the arse.

If you can get a mini done first, and then coerce the 3d guy into writing a color grab into his software, you may just be able to get backing from a museum for a larger print to be done. Because I can tell you now fillin in color on that scale and with thousands of points of reference isn't going to be appealing on that scale, or financially viable.
>>
>>55812636
>mah lossless art
if you need a microscope to tell the difference it's good enough
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.