[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XPS 13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: xps13.png (27KB, 323x534px) Image search: [Google]
xps13.png
27KB, 323x534px
Does anyone have the XPS 13 (2016, developer edition)?

Is it good? Would it work well with fedora?

How's the battery?
>>
>>55811430
Had the XPS 15 a couple of years ago and the build quality was terrible.
The thing started to fall apart after a few months.
Hopefully they have fixed that shit.
>>
File: hp20150908363_1_1_1.jpg (49KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
hp20150908363_1_1_1.jpg
49KB, 992x558px
Have heard great things about the current XPS line.
HP Spectre x360 and ASUS Zenbook UX303 are both also great 13" ultrabooks if you're in the market.

Spectre is best out of the cheaper models, nice great build quality. Black/gold model looks sexy as fuck in person, too.
UX303 is okay for size / price / performance, but meh build quality.
XPS13 is the most portable and can still have pretty great specs for its size if you drop more $$$. They've upped build quality from the older XPS line, but it still isn't on par with HP Spectre series / Surface Books.

Can't say for how any of their Linux support is, though.
Battery on all 3 should be great, but I'm comparing it to a gaymer laptop with zero batterylife running CAD, so not really a fair comparison.

What would you be using it for?
Generally 13" laptops are good if you need portability and don't need high performance, but have a nice desktop at home to go with it.
>>
>>55811744
Thanks for the info.

Don't know if i can trust hp desu, their service is quite cancerous, isn't it?

Use would be:
shitposting
movie + music
pdf reading
word + latex

I'm neither a gaymer nor a brogrammer, so it would be a normie machine...
most stressful task would be watching 1080p 60 fps streams, but i guess the cpu is good enough.
I guess i'd play some portal 2 too, but that also not hard.

I need portability, great display, great battery. Like i said, performance isnt that important
>>
>>55811967
I know HP's been cancerous in the past, and not sure about their other laptops on the market atm, but they did surprise me with the Spectre line, which they built intending to compete with the Surface Book.
It's actually my GF's office laptop these days.
Personally if I weren't using my laptop for heavier programs, I'd probably have gotten an XPS 13 or 15.

Yeah, all 3 would be just fine for those uses, then.
Don't remember which one has the best battery life, but that also changes depending on which model you get, as different XPS's and Spectres' have different hardware / screen resolutions.

It's possible to upgrade the M.2 SSD on either laptop if you wanted, so it's probably cheaper to buy a low-mid end version of whichever laptop you decide on, then upgrade the SSD afterwards with a Samsung Evo.
>>
What about the ram? I guess 8 gb would be enough, 16 would be useless for me, right? I'd have to get the i7 in order to get the 16 gigs, that's a lot of money for me...
>>
I personally use a XPS 13, and never had any issues.

>How's the battery?
Very good. Web & light editing will get you around 10 hours of battery.

>Would it work well with fedora?
Up until now I only used different ubuntu versions, and they all worked flawlessly. The only thing you have to do is get the WiFi drivers, since they are not part of LiveCD'S
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.