[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Win10 upgrade to new rig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160714_233728~01.jpg (23KB, 288x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160714_233728~01.jpg
23KB, 288x388px
I'm building a new rig next week, and as you likely know, I can't just transfer my windows 10 upgrade on my current pc to use on the new rig by using the same key, cause it doesn't work that way; it's binded to your computer via hardware.

The thing is, people report that if you merely upgrade your mobo/CPU, and contact support, they'll make it work on the upgraded hardware.
So my plan is build the new rig at first using the new mobo and CPU but filling the rest with the old components, so it can pass as merely an upgrade, and I contact support and they sort that shit out for me, and then I disassemble it and assemble it again with the new components, then migrate the OS from the old HDD to the new SSD.

The thing is, this is very boring. Isn't there an easier way to get my windows 10 on my new rig, like cloning or making a disk image and being done with it? I'm starting to consider just pirating the damn thing.

If you help me out you get free reign on my body
>>
If your Windows 7/8/8.1 license wasn't device bound, your Windows 10 license isn't.
Just install 10 on your new PC and activate it through support.
>>
Try piracy. Will save you a lot of time.
>>
>>55810745
Sure but if some random windows 10 update comes along, isn't there a chance it'll detect that mine is bullshit?
>>
>>55810758
Yeah, but what are you doing updating windows anyway?
>>
>>55810564
i anniversary update allows to transfer the license from a machine to your user, and you'll be allowed to do a limited number of installs per year in new machines with that same license.
>>
you should be able to transfer your license if you contact microsoft. this isn't some new policy, you're just a fucking child.

and if you're not a child, really stop and ask yourself if you couldn't just deal with this problem by buying a goddamn license. you probably spent several times as much money on the video card to let you play childish video games. don't act like you're too destitute.
>>
>>55810802
Cheers. Do you happen to know how to do that off the top of your head? If you don't that's fine, I'll search myself, just not right now since I'm on my phone and it's kind of inconvenient.
>>
>>55810827
cringe
>>
I was always under the impression that replacing a motherboard was considered as a "new" PC by their standards.
>>
>>55810827
How do you live every day with this much salt over the pettiest of shit? Do you also punch the nearest object every time something goes slightly wrong?
>>
>>55810773
Forced updates on Win10, so you have no choice but to update anyway.
>>
>>55810827
This. Google around, Windows users. This is why we can't stand you.
>>
>>55810905
you're taking a casual verbal lashing really hard. if you used this time to reflect on your laziness in solving your own problem, maybe we would have fewer threads spoon-feeding you.
>>
>>55810909
>le linux fedora man
kys
>>
i have windows 7,8 and 10 pirated for cases like these

altough im currently running on a legit key, u never know
>>
>>55810985
What are you talking about?
>>
>>55810985
the size of the screenshot and the text rendering are a dead giveaway for os x.

then again
>windows users
>making logical conclusions from observations
>>
>>55810564
sauce?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.