[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NVIDIA SETTLES GRAPHICS CARD FALSE ADVERTISING CLASS ACTION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: nvidia house fire.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nvidia house fire.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/340705-nvidia-settles-graphics-card-false-advertising-class-action/

If you were actually stupid enough to buy a 970 you are entitled to $30 payout from Nvidiot
>>
30$ per card for false advertisment of a 350-400$ purchase?

its a start but thats hardly a hit.
>>
>>55801591
>its a start
No, it's the end of this whole ordeal. That's it, case closed.

Also
>$1.3m attorney fees
And this is why I dislike the current system for class action lawsuits
>>
>>55802277
>That's it, case closed
In the US at the least.

Australia still has an ongoing beef I believe, and they take false advertisement quite seriously there.
>>
Less then 500 people will actually cash in on this.

Three of my friends have 970s, and they all said its not worth the effort. They really are nvidiots.
>>
>>55802295
The problem with all of this is that NVidia has the upper hand. The 970 did have 4GB of VRAM, it's just that .5GB of it was shit. While that's pretty shitty, it still doesn't change the fact that they still technically had 4GB of VRAM.
>>
Don't worry, this thread will fall into obscurity as /g/ will refuse to admit the implications of this. Though speaking with a sensible perspective is this is a reasonable outcome all told.
>>
>>55802316
Hell, $30 at the least is atleast a steak at a local place, maybe a few beers.

One would imagine that the claiment procedure is just to verify identity and proof of purchase? Or are nVidia going to the max and making it as convoluted or down right stupid to claim in the hopes that no one will bother.
>>
>>55802316
It's not even about the money, it's about doing something when you got ripped off. 30$ isn't a lot of money, but it shows that you aren't getting fucked by Nvidia
>>
>>55801299
wonder if they've got a lawsuit going on in the UK or at least the EU, as they don't take false advertising lightly.
>>
>find some retarded public known issue regarding hardware
>offer to pay small compensation for said issue
>retards willingly give you all their financial info
>???
>profit

pretty sure this was done with the pentium 4, or the ddr2 rams
>>
>>55802342
>Or are nVidia going to the max and making it as convoluted or down right stupid to claim
That's how it always is with class action payouts. That's how the system works.
>>
>>55802319
Meanwhile the cache, ROPs, and bus width were all falsely advertised.
>>
>>55801299
The 970 is still a good card and people don't give a fuck.
>>
>>55802354
I feel like the French or Swiss could get a crack out of it. Maybe ze Germans too.

We in the UK don't care enough, while the principle of the matter annoys us, we're too busy being harassed 24/7 about PPI. The sweet irony of which will be when firms start class actions against PPI claimant firms for such harassment.
>>
Got mine for 330$ before the 3.5 fiasco, still satisfied but the 30$ will be put to good use buying chinkshit.
>>
I am just happy all nvidia retards who brought a 970 will be able to get top notch 0.5GB vram supplements for their card plus a bit of soothing lube with the $30. It was mighty unfair of nvidia to fuck them in the ass raw.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.