[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technology Fail Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: readImage.jpg (39KB, 590x714px) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
39KB, 590x714px
Technology fail thread. Share all your stories and greentexts from times people have made you want to facepalm into outer space. I'll go first.

>Computers at work get upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. Now printers don't work.
>I try to explain to my co-worker who has already in the past repeatedly demonstrated Terri Schiavo level understanding of technology that IT just had to go online and install new drivers.
>She goes "Oh you mean the dot com?"
>the dot com

All of my rage...
>>
>>55800794
more like ylyl
>>
If someone refers to the Internet as the dot com in my presence I may fucking kill myself.
I visibly cringe when people say "the web."
>>
>>55800794
>the dot com
Do you work in 1995?
>>
File: saya.gif (285KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
saya.gif
285KB, 480x270px
>"hay anon can you hack facebooks maybe?"
>"because i wanna get into my gf's facebook..." and so on
>"what makes you think im a hacker?"
>"i always see you with hacker windows on your computer anon, stop trying to hide it, i'll give you $20 :)"

they don't even know what they're asking me to do and they want to stiff me for it
>>
>>55800952
Missed a chance to play them, though, you could be all "oh yeah I'm a super leet haxor and I'm very expensive, but be careful about crossing because I'll docx your ass to the other side of an excel sheet.
>>
>>55800917
WelI she has this massive superiority complex and thinks she's always right so every once in a while I have to fuck with her. If I try to explain any computer technology post internet birth she just stares at me like I'm a wizard. Later I watched her try to figure out Windows 10 and was utterly lost. Cortana was fun.
>>
>>55800952
That movie Hackers really fucked up the public perception of what hacking is. Pretty sure there are a lot of people who think you when you do it you hack your way through firewalls composed of multiple layers of of low rez fire animations and skulls and shit.
>>
>>55801076
>Later I watched her try to figure out Windows 10 and was utterly lost. Cortana was fun.
That would be me desu, can't even do shit on win 8
>>
>>55801308
I fucking hate Windows 10. Don't get me wrong. I'm still on Windows 7 at home and loving it. I just trying to illustrate how foreign it was to her, like stepping onto an alien world.
>>
File: 733THAXOR.png (286KB, 1342x999px) Image search: [Google]
733THAXOR.png
286KB, 1342x999px
I was just editing a personal website in terminal and got stared at hard af by some normies in the bakery.
Lol'd internally
Pic related; what they probs thought was 733T haxoring
To be fair to them I use Homebrew to make it look more stereotypical.
>>
>>55801422
You made your text color like that specifically for that reason.
>>
>>55801461
>To be fair to them I use Homebrew to make it look more stereotypical.
No shit huh?
>>
>>55800855
Except World Wide Web is correct and actually more specific than internet you turboautist
>>
>Dad tells me he read an article about making internet connection faster
>i'll bite.jpg
>claims that taping batteries around an ethernet cable increased your bandwidth
>immediately tell him its bullshit
>tries to do it anyway even after proving it doesnt work
>gets mad at me because he wants to try it anyway
>>
>eating pussy like a real nigga©
>all of a sudden fake nigga asks
>Hey dude it would be super nuclear if you fixed my macbook xtreme
>say sure
>he says fuck you I am a king I don't have to deal with peasants
Tis the life of Louis Rossman
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.