[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1428356435757.png (361KB, 589x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1428356435757.png
361KB, 589x1206px
CS majors, tell me your stories.

>courses
>lab partners
>internships
>general memery
>>
>>55798198
>at a bar with friends last summer
>run into other CS student we know
>not really friend, only an acquaintance
>tells us about how he spent his summer
>he made an image manipulation program
>says it's better than photoshop
>written in C#

I'm changing to EE after I'm done with my CS bachelor.
I finish what I start.
>>
pls respond
>>
Why would anyone admit to being stupid enough to unironically pay money for a CS major?
>>
>>55798285
I don't pay directly for my education so I can move to America after I'm done :^)
God bless.
>>
>>55798293
which country?
>>
>take course non of my friends are taking
>end up getting matched with some Chinese exchange students
>they don't really speak the local language or even English
>they don't know how to program
>they don't respond
JUST
>>
>>55798198
Solution: Draw a line through the wall. It says you can only go through a door once nothing about drawing through the wall.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 450x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 450x302px
>>55798339
>current year
>not speaking the tech industry's lingua franca
wew
>>
>>55798313
Denmark
>>
>>55798198
Every single class where a group project was involved (database systems, design patterns, and OS just off the top of my head) and my group had a female the female was completely and utterly useless. She usually just sat there and sucked up oxygen and flapped her vagina wildly while contributing nothing.

In databases, the girl was an IE major and knew basic python and just bitched at everyone while maybe writing 2 functions max.

Design patterns we had 2 girls. The first was an obese, black, landwhale who did the "art". The other was a smelly poo-in-loo who couldn't into user input. (We had to remake an Atari game for that class). Myself and the other guy had to pick up all her tickets because everything we gave her she simply could not do. Absolutely retarded.

OS we had some qt 3.14 Korean grill. Literally never spoke, when she did she just talked to the other group members in Korean. never did a single commit the entire year. Don't even know if she knew how to code.

Everything you read on /g is true. Women are absolutely garbage at programming and PM. There may be 1 good one out there but she's clearly a unicorn.
>>
>>55799628
Most CS majors are garbage at programming

t. bootcamp grad
>>
>be me
>CS memer
>start university degree, go for the first two months, make friends
>it begins.jpg
>fuck the commute, not doing it anymore
>pretty much skip 90% of classes, only attend labs for marks
>keep in touch with friends to spoonfeed me information of what's going on in class
>pretty much self learn using internet
>all group projects I barely participate in, one guy in friend group always does all of it
>fine with me, freemarks.jpg
>do this for four years, only thing I worry about is tests.
>do decent despite not going to class and programming minimally
>above 3.0gpa
>graduate
>no actual skills gained, I'm a paper warrior
>unemployed for a year now

Totally worth it though, I have a math minor as well. No one can really think I'm retarded now due to muh education.
>>
>>55800711
You're a retard anon
>>
>>55798198
>>courses
99% lame teachers, 99% lame students
>>lab partners
everybody wanted to be with me, I wanted to be alone, and because teachers knew I was the only person doing actual work they usually let me do stuff alone
>>internships
the only good thing about going to uni: doing r&d in AI
>>general memery
almost everybody is there for the money, or because they "liek vidyagames XD"

Modern CS is shit, probably worst error in my life. Can't wait to go back to uni and do Maths or EE...
>>
>>55799628
>In databases, the girl was an IE major
top kek

at my university IE is the only engineering major with a large amount of women. it's a glorified business major, and they bomb all the low level engineering classes they need to take like intro to thermo or dynamics.
>>
>>55798198
you can solve it: just fold it to make a cyclinder or punch a hole in it and draw on the backside too.
>>
>>55800965
Yes. I went to Rutgers. It was exactly like this. Double major in EE and CS. All females in my classes were dead weight. Almost all transferred to IE. The few in CS ended dropping by year one if not mid class in CS101. I have been teaching my daughter algorithms and design since 5th grade. She is now in the regional stem high school with a perfect gpa. So I think a lot of it is nurture over nature.
>>
>>55801145
most of them were just never taught to work hard. i was a TA so i got to see both how they perform relative to others, and what they do to study/get help. the the girls, and especially IE girls were, by far the most common visitors during office hours, and they just came and expected to be spoon fed homework answers. if they saw that you actually want to guide/help them they would go to another TA's office hours that would just give them the solutions so they can study. come exam time they would all score below average because they never bothered to learn the material, and instead of working harder they would try to get some points back and come whine to you about the grade hoping that you'll tell them what's on the next exam.

don't get me wrong. there were guys that were guilty of this too, but when the class is 90% guys but you have only 1 or 2 guys coming to be spoon fed whereas 5+ girls expect the same then you know somethings up.
>>
>>55801319
>just give them the solutions so they can copy.*
>>
>pair programming
>grouped with tiny asian girl
>she's an emacs user, I'm a vim user
>end up meeting halfway and using whatever mode pretends to be vim in emacs
>everything goes wonderfully, get good grade
>see her taking notes on her laptop in another class
>it's a thinkpad with the rotating tablet screen running elementary os
>she's taking notes in latex
I think I fucked up by not trying to befriend her.
>>
>>55800834
>>lab partners
>everybody wanted to be with me, I wanted to be alone, and because teachers knew I was the only person doing actual work they usually let me do stuff alone

You must be really fun at parties
>>
>>55802232
its never too late my friend, asian fetish master race
>>
Done my CS.

Starting Masters in Cyber Security in September. Picked my modules and all. I hated CS but through it I got into a field I genuinely enjoy.

And learned one important thing: web dev is cancer. And women are aids.
>>
>>55803248
>And women are aids.

How am I not throwing away a future with family and kids when I continue this studies?

that is honestly the only thing that frightens me, other than that I love CS and my life but I rather not die alone.
>>
>in cologne
>at hotel, biggest CS major ever is starting tomorrow
>1 million dollar price pool
>14000 people, sold out
>nip goes out in group stages
>nip might not qualify for next major
>faze, envyus, mouz, g2 are all in qualifiers
>tfw no nip magic
>tfw swedish cs is starting to go down
>tfw favelas has taken over the scene in 6 months
>won more in 2 tournaments then nip total
>tfw 87-0
>tfw pyth
>tfw fifflaren will never play again
>tfw
>>
>>55804136
fuck off you manchild
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.