[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

year of linux desktop 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: chrome_logo_2x.png (6KB, 246x80px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_logo_2x.png
6KB, 246x80px
>Install gnome
>install guake
>open guake
>make it a good level transparent
>bind open/close guake to ctrl + alt + t
>bind switch guake tabs to ctrl + alt + left arrow/right arrow.
>tmux then emacs in left tab
>in right tab ssh into my virtual machine then tmux then emacs

Is this what heaven feels like? I feel like a real gnu.
>>
chrome linux best linux
>>
As the rise of open source software and linux becomes more prevalent the view of it as a communistic sort of thing will be abandoned and people will realize that sharing information which they can not really profit from keeping is more profitable than hoarding that information knowing it is doomed to die with the company when the company dies. Investors will only want to invest in open source technology because historically there will be a track record of closed source technologies always repeatedly failing when the company dies, whereas open source technologies can tend to live for a very long time. There is also the possibility of an immortal open source technology which continues to be advanced and modified and never actually dies. This is the pipe dream of open source. The ability to create a piece of software which is infinitely repurposeable and lasts till the end of humanity and into the AI age.
>>
File: 1458466339974.png (36KB, 690x539px) Image search: [Google]
1458466339974.png
36KB, 690x539px
>>55793975

>I feel like a real GNU
>Chrome

GNO
>>
File: o1241310.jpg (639KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
o1241310.jpg
639KB, 1920x1080px
At the epoch of artificial intelligence the machines will be able to generate code at a rate many times faster than humans could dream of generating code, and so human coding will be obsolete. From then the legality of code licenses will be in the hands of the machines, and there will be no distinction between closed and open source.
>>
>bind open/close guake to ctrl + alt + t
>not single key shortcut on the console key
go be retarded someplace else
>>
>>55796214
I use gnu emacs you piece of B E A U T Y. I have to memorize keybinds several keystrokes long. I don't have a single key on my keyboard I can spare. Take your G E N E R O U S D O U G H N U T S home
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.