[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMD pro ssg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What the actual fuck is this supposed to be used for? Rendering? Gaming? Would there be anything that can fully utilize the 1tb of vram on this?

Source: http://m.hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/94948-amd-breaking-memory-barrier-radeon-pro-ssg/
>>
File: cowtits.jpg (105KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
cowtits.jpg
105KB, 630x630px
>betterred
>poo in loo went blue
>>
Rendering. You load your masters onto the SSD on the card, and it doesn't have to slum its way across the PCIe bus, the CPU transport lanes, the memory, and the system memory.
I think it still has conventional VRAM on board, and the SSD is for a high bandwidth gigantic data cache.
Also great for thing like oil deposit simulations and weather prediction.
>>
>>55792139
It has a 1TB on-board ssd, not 1TB of vram.

You can load large files on allowing faster (still a fraction of actual vram speed) access and less overhead
>>
>>55792169
HBM would be useful here since the bus is more likely to be saturated. This is almost a SoC but as a GPU. Instead a weird Linux distribution on it or like steam os.
>>
>>55792139
its because Rajeets going to sell Ati to Intel
>>
and people are still going to overclock it soo they can play gaymes
>>
It's a film editors wet dream, smooth CG rendering work and perfectly editing raw video without it being a slow mess might get this thing into lots of major studios and production companies

So, not a vidya-tailored card. AMD probably got an incredibly-specific order from someone that they see being an actual market
>>
>>55792815
It's based on Fiji, so yeah, it uses HBM.
>>
>play comp MM
>engi stays on last the whole match
>heavy gets lost in the map
>both 0 points when the match ends
please for the love of god valve please add advancend tutorials for comp
>>
>>55793099
Wtf?
>>
>>55793129
happened on gullywash
we were 4v6 almost literally
>>
>>55793231
FUCKING DIEEEEEEEE
>>
>>55793250
oh im in the wrong thread
bye
>>
>>55792815
it uses HBM1. 1 tb is a huge cache
>>
I'm just confused though on its impact. Do you really need a 1 TB cache for these workloads the Radeon SSG is supposed to solve?

We have 128 GB DDR3/4 RAM that can be installed on high end enterprise PCs outside of servers and although they range in the ~1,500 USD range, it's certainly cheaper than the Radeon SSG which is 10K. Is over 100 GB of RAM really not enough capacity? I would think the workloads have tons of data which would make 1 TB peanuts.

Is there really that much of a difference?
>>
>>55793099
>>>/v/
also, kys
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.