[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

programming language. help for a newbie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: rsz_pp.jpg (22KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_pp.jpg
22KB, 300x180px
so i have tired out a bit of html 5 and python for a bit. but i just dont get it. what do i do. where can i find some easy projects or something that will make my understanding of programming and skills better.
>>
/r/DailyProgrammer
>>
do u mean on reddit?
>>
Stop typing like a fucking retard.
>>
wait what?? hahah i'm just seeking help
>>
File: 1466194429054.jpg (48KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1466194429054.jpg
48KB, 700x700px
Just use Pascal, it's literally one of the easiest programming languages to learn the bare basics of programming and logic. It's babies first programming language that is more advanced than Scratch and will teach you more.
>>
Racket/Scheme.
>>
My first language was Java and I'm fucking glad it was, I was way more motivated because it was actually useful

Like for your first language to learn (outside of English because you already speak it), choosing Somali might be easier than say, Mandarin, but it wouldn't be as useful, particularly if you needed to learn the language for your career.
>>
Learn C
>>
>>55792056
I think web development is a good start. There a lot of materials on JavaScript and you can get always get support.

Make sure you get the best materials m8. You don't want to waste your time on losers trying to scrap income that can't find a job and explain shit incorrectly. I recommend Kyle Simpsons and JavaScript: The Definitive Guide.
>>
>>55792056
Also, when you don't understand something you need to SIT THE FUCK DOWN, search for it and do your best to understand.

If you don't understand something in the explanation search it.
You can also go to an IRC channel and ask people.

Many people give up because they think they're insecure when they pander some concept for 2 hours and can't understand it.

You just have to do your best and don't give up. When it clicks it will stay with you.
>>
>>55794552
>Red Dwarf
my nigga
>>
>>55792056
Automate the boring stuff with Python.

A book.
>>
File: PythonKids.png (217KB, 650x855px) Image search: [Google]
PythonKids.png
217KB, 650x855px
>>55792056
Pic related. Not even trolling, a book for kids can teach you a lot at this stage.
>>
>>55792056
Begin with COBOL
>>
>>55792056
start with the basics anon, I'd recommend learning machine code to start with, before moving onto assembly code.
>>
Learn C++, start with something simple, like doing a Hello world, and then just keep going from there.
>>
File: 4306913-7059896995-29408.jpg (111KB, 1024x1018px) Image search: [Google]
4306913-7059896995-29408.jpg
111KB, 1024x1018px
>>55792056
Google the following and see which you'd like to do.

-edx Introduction to Computer Science and Programming using Python

-Introduction to Computer science(Learn more than one language)

-FreeCodeCamp(web development)

-TheOdinProject(Web development)~

-Udacity

All these things have you learn through projects.
>>
>>55796661
I meant to say "Introduction to Computer sciene(CS50) on edx"***
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.