[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are old people stupid or just decaying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: how do i move.jpg (148KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
how do i move.jpg
148KB, 600x376px
in other words, will 2050 old people be technological savants.
>>
Did grandma ask you a question about her Hewlett Packard again, NEET?
>>
This is not exclusive to old people. There are younger people who just cannot learn to use technology and it all lies in the learning part.

When learning things, you will find it easier to learn other things at the same time. Like how people learning a foreign language can learn another quickly.
Once you stop learning you will find it hard to learn again.
Old people just havent learnt anything in so long that they stick out as the worst of them all.
>>
Learning new skills becomes increasingly difficult as your brain ages. The neurons just don't want to flip states as readily.

That said, in 2050 a lot of people will be very good at using a desktop. The problem is, the desktop form factor of computing will be long gone and the skill useless and disused. Their grandkids will wonder if they are stupid, too.

I could whip your spring chicken behind at programming a VCR right now but as the skill serves no purpose, you'll never get to marvel at my domination of seemingly arcane buttons on a remote control the size of a sub sandwich.
>>
>>55789863
>2050 old people
in 2050 there will be no people
>>
>>55790473
This, desu. It'll either be robots, nuclear warfare, or robot nuclear warfare that wipes us all out.
>>
>>55789863
Yes. The millennials who only know how to use smartphones and iPads will be technological savants when they grow up.
>>
>>55790511
nay to all of those, climate change will have obliterated our crops
>>
50 YEARS FROM NOW YOU WONT HAVE A CLUE HOW TO DO WHAT THE KIDS ARE DOING

HAHA WE WILL BE THE OLD PEOPLE ONE DAY PINING FOR OUR OUTDATED IMAGEBOARDS
>>
>>55790781

no thanks. I'll be glad to see this site die
>>
>>55790763
>>55790511
>>55790473
No
Cyclists will have killed 100% of the population by 2050
>>
>>55790395
Im still pretty sure no matter what you do, desktop computers are here to stay.
>>
>>55790863
This site is already clinging to life.
>>
>>55790781
>OUTDATED IMAGEBOARDS

Image boards were outdated by 2005, at the latest.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.