[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit performance enigma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1rq6ht.gif (2MB, 286x237px) Image search: [Google]
1rq6ht.gif
2MB, 286x237px
Does anybody know why I might be getting poor performance in games even though neither my CPU nor my GPU are maxing out, or even close to it? I just got a new motherboard/CPU (although admittedly the CPU isn't too beefy and is more of a stopgap until I can afford a better one for the new socket, this happened due to poor planning on my part) and reinstalled windows and suddenly my performance is pretty terrible even though I have extremely similar specs to my old computer.

The system has a GTX970, and an intel G3450 @ 3.6GHz. All the power cables are properly installed and all drivers are properly downloaded.
>>
>>55789211
What the fuck do you consider "poor performance"?
>>
>>55789256
After launching overwatch/ARMA3/a couple other more modern games and getting like 10FPS, I booted up tf2 and got 40-60FPS with dips down to 5-15 occasionally

Contrasted to the 570FPS I used to get in tf2, this is concerning
>>
>>55789274
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

seriously, you either have some fucked up drivers, overheating issues, or a bitcoin mining virus
>>
>>55789274
>>55789256
>>55789211
>>>/v/

Christ, /g/ you are going to keep this thread afloat as you let the AI thread get pruned with 4 replies.
>>
>>55789274
>ARMA3
Well that's an easy one, it requires an i5 at minimum because it need a full core to itself.

As for the rest, yeah it's probably a botched driver like >>55789294 said.
>>
>>55789311
better than the steam begging thread, plug thread, shaving thread, etc
>>
>>55789338
Not the point and you know it.
>>
>>55789325
>>55789294

That's strange. I downloaded the driver via the geForce experience app. I'm not sure how the driver could be faulty.
>>
>>55789388
>geForce experience app
lol
Always get drives straight from the support page on their website. Also, try using a driver a few versions back. Mine updated and I was getting slowdowns on BF4 despite being able to easily play it at 60FPS on ultra settings. Turned out to be a fucked driver.
>>
>>55789412
You know that the geForce program is bundled with the drivers and is used to keep them updated, right?

Trying an older driver now.
>>
>>55789553
And Catalyst is bundled with AMD drivers but that doesn't mean both programs aren't shit.
>>
>>55789574
Alright so interestingly enough, I realized that my computer's clock was set a day in advance and now that I've rectified it everything is running MUCH better. I'm still only getting ~120-130FPS instead of the regular hundreds, but it's a lot better.
Still going to try the older drivers once they've finished downloading.
>>
>>55789631
My mind is actually boggled by how much of an improvement fixing my computer's time settings caused. Why the fuck would anything so minor cause such a large shift in performance?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.