[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Managing Large Image Collections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1 (81).png (73KB, 492x600px)
1 (81).png
73KB, 492x600px
Anons with large image collections: how do you organize and manage it? I'm now at almost 40,000 images, and my usual routine of folders and subfolders just isn't cutting it anymore.

I've been told that the next level is to use image tagging software, but I'm not familiar with what might be the best one out there. I would preferably like tagging software that added the images as metadata, and not simply into the software itself.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>55779775
Keep the folder structure, use whatever you want on top of it. When that software breaks or you move to a new machine, you'll still have your folder structure.
>>
Don't bother with automatic tagging, that never works 100%

Just edit the metadata manually. Arduous, but free from error
>>
>>55779775
PS 40,000 images really isn't a lot.
>>
>>55779887
But if I edit metadata, that will move with the images.

>>55779901
I was planning on tagging through metadata. Do you use any software to help with batch processing? Like selecting several images and giving them a tag/s?

>>55780073
Yeah I know it's not a lot compared to some here, but it's getting to the point now where I can't find something I'm looking for in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>55779775
>0% market share
Approval of others is indeed important to attention whores like yourself - it is, in fact, what defines you.
>Slow
Yeah i bet those 300 milliseconds are very valuable to you, you're a busy man, it's not like you have time to spare.
>Retarded
>Homosexual
Fantastic arguments i cannot even refute.
>>
>>55780628
I just picked an image that would trigger /g/ so I could get some replies.
>>
>>55779775
https://hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/
You're welcome.
>>
i try to make decent filenames when downloading, so they are easier to find.

Then just throw them into folders every 1000 or something.

It really helps in the long run.
>>
File: 1469624585135.jpg (115KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469624585135.jpg
115KB, 492x600px
No. The image you posted should be like this, you see. Your way, it spells BOSRH. You can't pronounce that. When you do it this way, it says BORSH. Now you can pronounce it.
>>
File: alexander_nikolaevich_hell.jpg (92KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
alexander_nikolaevich_hell.jpg
92KB, 312x312px
>>55780889
>>
Firefox is actually faster than Chrome on Android. Desktop I can't really tell the difference except Chrome is all rapey with ram and the addons suck.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.