[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>self taught programmer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1433284764624.jpg (12KB, 167x175px) Image search: [Google]
1433284764624.jpg
12KB, 167x175px
>self taught programmer
>>
inb4 self-replying faggot (OP)
>>
(You)
>>
File: 1430254566097.gif (25KB, 309x333px) Image search: [Google]
1430254566097.gif
25KB, 309x333px
>>55779380
>>55779389
t. computer coders
>>
>>55779372
>Indian 'IT school' pajeet with license to poo in loo
>>
>>55779372
As opposed to being taught by someone else, who will most likely have gotten the same information you'll get either way.
>>
A true computer scientist doesn't use programming languages
>>
>no debt
>20 years old working on machine learning for media outlet

Feels good man.
There's no thing as 'self-taught' though. Nobody learns to program without help from the Internet these days.
But while you guys were playing runescape, I was trying to create my own version of runescape.

Turns out that this was the best endeavor of my life. Now I'm semi-balling OP. But technology is supposed to be a meritocracy, so why you mad OP?

Whats so bad about us self taught / boot camp taught folk?
>>
>>55779576
> 20 years old
> working
> Feels good

Good citizen.
>>
>>55779372
How do you think the people who teach programming learned programming?
>>
>>55781117
>lmao fuk society i only live in my mom's basement because im not a pleb who works for money
>>
>>55779576
>While you were playing RuneScape I was trying to create my own version

My nigga. Java and massive libraries helped me to learn the scale of large programs when I was but a mere 10 years old. I give thanks to the community every day that set me on my current path desu.
>>
Here's your (you) f@m
>>
File: 1467940184493.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
1467940184493.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>55781904
>he snickers as he second-guesses the choices he's made in his excuse for a life.
>>
>>55779576
Runescape was written by a 17-year-old autist.
What exactly are you bragging about here?
>>
>>55779372

i never got to work on firmware development when i was starting out. nobody was willing to invest thousands of euros on burned hardware just to teach developers to check their shit (besides the big cooperations and i bet even they had training programs to avoid it).

i had to teach my self that skillset because my education just wasn't up to snuff and i wanted to do hardware/firmware. software was easy in comparison because you couldn't destroy shit horribly.

i started with flashing cameras, camcorders, feature phone etc. and that got me going until it landed me a job in that feeld.

i just use/write software these days though.

lately the only thing i used that skill for was installing coreboot (not libre, just core) on a thinkpad and thankfully i am done with that.

certain thinks have to be self thought because nobody will be willing to make an investment in you. certain things (like C/C++) should be teached by classese and experienced mentors though. they are not intuitive and you will learn them horribly wrong if you just learn the language without a fundamental understanding of what you are doing to the machine.
>>
>>55779576
>There's no thing as 'self-taught' though. Nobody learns to program without help from the Internet these days.
Not everyone learned "these days".
>>
>>55779372
Self taught programmers kick the asses of 99.5% of CS majors
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.