[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to worry about malware/viruses with OS X?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: og.jpg (31KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
og.jpg
31KB, 1200x630px
Got a MacBook recently. Was using Linux before I moved and haven't worried about scanning/preventing malware/viruses in a good 5-6 years.

Can I take the same approach while using OS X?
>>
>>55775099
If you aren't retarded then you won't have any issue.
>>
Make sure you have a current version of Common Sense AV installed.
>>
>>55775118
Cool.

>>55775154
Can't find that on the app store xD
>>
>>55775169
xDD
>>
>>55775099
Do you like the Mac, anon?
>>
File: apple security.png (786KB, 951x922px) Image search: [Google]
apple security.png
786KB, 951x922px
Install antivirus, disconnect from the internet permanently and pray 12 times a day
>>
>>55775099

Just leave the Gatekeeper setting on it's default and you'll never have any viruses.

From macOS Sierra, there won't even be an option to disable Gatekeeper, although the manual override option is still available for people who know what they're doing.

If you're stupid enough to download and run browser malware, or shit like MacKeeper, just use Malwarebytes AntiMalware for Mac.
>>
>>55776857
So there will be an option.
>>
>>55775099
fuck off homo
>>
>>55777285
You have to use a terminal command instead of ticking a box.
>>
>>55777285
>>55777390
Or right click the thing you want to open and select "Open". I've been using the "App Sotre and identified developers" setting for a couple of years and it hasn't felt locked down since it only is a small extra step, and you'll know what Apps are safe to use out of the getgo if this isn't required.
>>
>>55775099
Mackeeper ransonware.

if you don't have and adblocker.
>>
>>55777390
Yes that's the option
>>
Install mackeeper

Kek
>>
>>55777492
Thats just a popup. You'd have to be retarded to be infected by that.
>>
>>55775099
Trojans exist.
People may try phishing on you as well.
etc.

You should practise secure computing regardless of what OS you are using.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.