[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

H1b worker here.

I make upwards of 250k.

I don't work as a developer but I am in the field.

I'm essentially "irreplaceable" at this point because of my skillset; no, I didn't go to uni here and yes I am poo-in-loo. My company, and about 10 others of the top 20 in the Bay, are more than willing to change my location to Canada or EU given that I'm dissatisfied with the green card process or my current wage. Of course, since I'm on a H1b I show no dissatisfaction, just in case.

I have children here who grew up for 15 years and attend University here.

But you guys need to understand how you, by supporting policies that lengthen the green card process, are screwing yourselves over.
>>
>>55774692

If the annual caps of a EB2 Green Card (41,500), didn't have a country cap (ie. Every Indian who applied for a Green Card had a "current date" or somewhere near (this would amount to 20k GC a year at max, not close to the H1b amount and its an amount already factored in)), then it would mean the Indians working for shit software devfirms will have to go back.

Why? Because their companies will have 0 power over them and if they didn't sponsor green cards the Indians would never come here in the first place. Without power over employees, these shit pajeets will have to compete against you.

This pretty much applies for any company that pays less than 100k to its H1b employees.

These are the companies stealing your entry level jobs or developer jobs.

And they thrive off your nativism that tries to enforce protectionist rhetoric.

Because of nativists who are gullible enough to fall for Breitbart buzzwords, they can afford to keep more of you replaced by H1bs for unskilled laborers. The best way to literallly get rid of them is by forcing them to compete in the free market.

Trust me, I know how shit the average infosys developer is and how well they'd fare when their employer couldn't terminate them just like that.

Sure, you call to "end the entire thing", and all that will do is hurt your GDP and tax revenues (and thus your income) because the Irreplaceable H1b holders will leave to Canada and the majority of the lesser skilled individuals will get outsourced, the remaining jobs will face undue pressure due to globalization and it will be a net loss. It's also politically unfeasible because executive consular power is overriden by Congressional power for visa programs, so if Trump gets elected he will be able to do literally nothing.

In fact, if he does try anything it will be met with media backlash and what not and congress will cuck him. We're talking about the same congress that's trying to quadruple the number of these H1bs.
>>
$10.00 has been deposited into your account.
Thanks for your hard work.

- The Trump Campaign
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.