[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to use a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B to launch a DDoS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4090.jpg (1MB, 4681x3131px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4090.jpg
1MB, 4681x3131px
I play on a GMod server I have supported with my own money. Recently, the server manager stripped away every benefit from me that I got for donating and being an on-duty moderator. He also erased any evidence that I supported the server with time and money. I want to teach the server's workers a lesson in respect. I recently was given a Raspberry Pi and I was wondering if I could use it to launch a DDoS attack and take the server down for a bit, not permanently, but long enough to teach them not to fuck with me. Is this possible? If so, where should I look for a tutorial? Google was of no help and this is my first foray into programming a computer to do a dedicated task.
>>
Fuck off
>>
>>55773853
This.

>>55773838
But if you really want to know if you are going to do that with a single Pi you are going to need an amplifier, a single Pi won't be able to send enough traffic to a server to kill it.
>>
File: get a load of this guy.jpg (344KB, 960x620px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.jpg
344KB, 960x620px
>>
>>55773838
>I play
Stopped reading there
>>
>>55773902
What if it was
>I play devil's advocate and argue against Gentoo
followed by a really cool exposé on what it's like to be a tech pariah.
>>
Get many raspberry and create your own botnet
I guess 20/30 of them connected to different networks should be enough

Given that neither the server you want to take down nor your connections have a ddos protection
>>
Right now what you're doing is wasting more time & possibly money. Just move on.
>>
>>55773954
OP here, thanks for the info. Where can I find a step-by-step tutorial on setting up a botnet?
>>
OP here, what other projects could I do with a Raspberry Pi? I literally only have a display, keyboard, mouse, and the Pi itself.
>>
>>55774166
Ooh, I got Dubs. I wish this was /b/.
>>
>>55774202
Confirmed for troll thread, you threw away your cover OP now fuck off
>>
>>55774216
I asked a serious question, I just go on /b/ a lot.
>>
>>55774246
If you want a serious response:

Don't DDoS the server, that's illegal and violates Valve's ToS I believe. Just don't donate anymore money, leave the server and never go back. Make your own server. There's no reason to go all revenge driven and act like you're losing to someone, it's not like you dumped hundreds of dollars into a startup or investment and got fucked, it was a little Gmod server. Put things in perspective; you DDoS his server for a few minutes, then what? He restarts it then you have to go do something else plus HOIC nor LOIC will run forever for you. He can also just change IPs and hide the server and you'd be shit out of luck again. You're in a lose/lose here with the only vindication being you maybe causing him some frustration. Plus I doubt you'd tell us the whole story as to why this happened and there's obviously something else going on here

TL;dr let bygones be bygones and fucking move on and do something better than get revenge

>An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

>Inb4 cuck mentality
>>
Gary's Mod isn't even a real game, why would you invest your life and emotions into it?
>>
>>55773838
Just spend some money to and buy a DDoS attack, honestly this is pretty off topic and illegal i.e. against the rules.
Fuck off, OP.
A raspberry pi couldn't hit off a toaster.
>DDoS
>distributed
die
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.