[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you tried it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Arch-Anywhere.png (61KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Arch-Anywhere.png
61KB, 1366x768px
Have you tried it?
>>
>>55773657
Architect just works. Why would you want to install a bleeding edge distro where there is no internet?
>>
>>55773657
Great, another meme distro to enforce the fact that Linux is a meme as a desktop OS.
>>
>>55773681
You missed the point retard.

OP was talking about Arch Anywhere, an installer of Arch. Too bad you lack the ability to read just like all other anti-Arch shitposters
>>
>>55773681
Is this a "pretending to be retarded" post?
>>
>>55773722
I don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>55773657
Nope, have you? Is it useful?
>>
>>55773737
I can't tell who's trolling who on /g/ anymore. So no, I can't tell you.
>>
is this the new desktop thread
>>
>>55773791
Might as well be. That's all Linux is good for, showing off your desktop ricing skills as filthy neet.
>>
>>55773657
I've used it. It's the best Arch installer around. Easier than Architect, 2bh.
>>
>>55773657
does it allow me to disable mouse acceleration? if not, it's trash.
>>
>>55773798
thats what she said
>>
>>55773826
What a massive retard
>>
>>55773826
It does. Just open up a browser and a terminal, you fucking memester.
>>
>>55773657
I didn't even know that this existed until I saw this thread. In the end installing Arch, pacstrapping an all, is not a long or hard process. What is the point of this or the install script?
>>
>>55773675
Not for me, infamous login error, incorrect password after fresh install
>>
>>55773975
Kinda my main gripe about this and other installers. I thought the Arch's main gimmick was that you're "building everything from the ground up" by customizing a bunch of stuff before and during installation. Automating that process kind of defeats the purpose of using Arch in the first place, since after the install it's just like any other bleeding-edge distro (Fedora for example).

Or... is it? Maybe I'm just missing something.
>>
>>55774104
I feel the same way. Going from the ground up ensures that your computer has what you need and want on it. If I installed Manjaro or something like that, while I would enjoy the same package manager, I would have to rip our the DE, WM, audio player, web browser, and, well, everything, as I don't like any of the defaults. It isn't easy to look up what every single package that your system came with does as opposed to looking them up one by one as you find that you need something and decide to install it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.