[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Chromebooks /g/ approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: chromebooks-apps-flyout.jpg (78KB, 881x418px) Image search: [Google]
chromebooks-apps-flyout.jpg
78KB, 881x418px
Are Chromebooks /g/ approved?
>>
Also I forgot to ask, is there much of a difference between the Intel and ARM Chromebooks? I just ordered a Lenovo n22 and wondered if the Intel processor would be a plus or a minus.
>>
They're garbage cheap consumer laptops that have problems running linux and are by default using Google botnet
>>
>>55772857
the intel is a plus actually
>>
>>55772858
Linux runs pretty well once you flash the bios which take no time really, I've had mine for 3 or 4 years now and haven't had much issue outside of build durability since it's an Acer
>>
>>55772858
Yeah, zero reason to get one. You can always use the google botnet on any device.
>>
FOSS ones, yea
Acer makes what's considered the best based on price to performance and features. A C720 or CB3 will make great shitposting machines.
>>
>>55772881
lmao @ acer and build quality in the same post
>>
>>55772905
Too bad about your reading comprehension.
>>
>>55772857
ARM makes doing some things more difficult, namely installing Linux with full features. X86 ones tend to be better.

Anything with a newer celery or i3/5 is nice, nvidia tegra ones are an odd bunch, difficult to work with, but extremely powerful for anything ChromeOS can do
>>
>>55772921
what is a joke
>>
>>55772858
The way I see it is that the internet as a whole is a botnet these days, there's no way to protect my information, and even trying to avoid the internet tags me as suspicious by the NSA. I just want a cheap device for shitposting and watching videos that has an actual keyboard. Maybe I'll install Gentoo on it kek.
>>
>>55772828
Chromebooks are terrible. They try to undermine people from installing a different operating system.
Just buy a similarly priced Windows 10 notebook. Like the Acer es1 11. Costs the same but are much nicer to work with because you don't have to install a different BIOS which voids warranty.
>>
>>55772881
I found the simpler they get, the stronger they are, my Acer CB3-111-whatever lasted 4 years before the screen got damaged, it showed no signs of degredation over the whole time of heavy, daily use.

Kinda miss it, I want to get another one but with 4gb of ram over 2gb.
I think the other 11" one not called the CB3 has an i3 + 8gb of ram option with a m.2 ssd in it, if I feel like dropping the cash on another Chromebook, that will probably be my go to choice
>>
>>55772922
That's a relief. I was worried that Intel would mean less app compatibility since Android apps are coming to Chrome OS (or are they already here? I've been out of the loop) and not all Android apps support x86.
>>
>>55772858
Actually (Intel) Chromebooks are the best laptops to run linux on. When you install a linux distro with Crouton it runs the same kernal that Chrome OS uses. This means that it has full driver compatibility and it doesn't lose battery life.

I get 9-hour battery life running Xubuntu and Chrome OS together with Crouton.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.