[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is stopping Microsoft from locking down windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

File: 1469547944820.jpg (153KB, 810x789px) Image search: [Google]
1469547944820.jpg
153KB, 810x789px
What exactly is stopping Microsoft from locking down windows and turning it into an Xbox?

>People will switch to Linux!

No they won't, because guess what? 90% of people don't even realize there's anything other than Windows. Try explaining an OS to the average person and it's like speaking a different language to them.

Most people will just do what MS says because they think they know better.
>>
>>55766818
Businesses would switch. Home users would get cucked to death.
>>
They will when their shit keeps getting broken. Steam is shit anyway.
>>
>>55766838
Why would businesses switch? Why change everything about the way they work?

You do realize it's not easy to just switch, right? You have to spend all that time teaching everyone a new OS, teaching them how to use different software, and getting them used to doing things in vastly different ways.

>BUT LINUX CAN MADE TO RUN LIKE WINDOWS!

No.

>>55766858
How will they switch when they don't know of any alternatives?
>>
>>55766886
Linux is not some underground exclusive club, enough people know about that if people were that unhappy with windows they'd find out about Linux.
>>
>>55766886
Normies will never switch to linux, but they'll probably buy Macs if it gets bad enough.
>>
>>55766905
You really overestimate how knowledgeable the average person is about computers. Most people can't even setup their own email accounts.

>>55766908
Maybe, but again, most peopel don't understand that Macs even use a different OS. They still think it's Windows.
>>
>>55766939
>they still think it's Windows
I'm beginning to think you're the one inept for understanding that people aren't that retarded.
>>
>>55766838
>Businesses would switch
No they wont, most software businesses use is written only for Windows. Linux is completely useless to them.

Most game studios do the bare minimum effort to port games to Windows as is.
The Linux market is 1% of the Windows market, it's almost not worth the effort to port a game to it.

I don't know what has to happen for a large chunk of regular users to switch to Linux, but I don't see it happening.
>>
>>55766960
I work in IT and get asked all the time what version of Windows do Macs use.

You really have no idea ho dumb people can be.
>>
>>55766983
I do understand, and I do understand that when people buy a Mac themselves they'll know either through the salesperson, the store, the setup process or through the workshops some Apple Premium Resellers do for switchers, that they'll know it's not Windows. Of course if you have to use some alien computer because of work, you won't know everything about it.
>>
>>55766886
>>55766905
>>55766939
well, when pc companies keep having microsoft making computers worse with windows, they'll pull a dell and start selling computers without windows.

if normies can handle switching back and forth from ios to android, they can handle switching to whatever pleb gahnoo/linoxx distro is out.
>>
>>55766972
>No they wont
Russia and several European countries have forced all hospitals to switchj to linux alredy.
Nearly all steam users will chose Steam OS over Xbox OS, other 70% of the market are irrelevant rednecks with Windows XP or pirated Win7.
Such lockdown will only kickstart Linux, not kill it.
That why MS are going slow.
>>
>>55766818
>Most people will just do what MS says because they think they know better
They use it because its compatible. And dont you fucking say MUH WINE now.

Shit runs on Windows, thats what people want. Be it games, office programs for Photoshop. They wont ever switch to Linux because, from a consumers standpoint, its a horrible product that lacks important compatibility and just eats up resources because youre forced to run virtual machines for half the shit you want to use. And no, saying that alternatives exist isnt an option. No one wants to fucking use GIMP instead of Adobed products. Its just a straight up worse product.

Until Linux finds a way to provide a proper user experience people will be forced to swallow Windows. Even if its just for their own sanity.
>>
>>55766838
Why would businesses switch as long as the OS still does what they need it to do? A more locked down OS would be more secure from a business standpoint.
>>
>>55767036
>if normies can handle switching back and forth from ios to android, they can handle switching to whatever pleb gahnoo/linoxx distro is out.
Exactly.
Government funded intitutions are doing ok on linux, it saves money and makes so called "cyber sovereignty" from MS spyware.

Also i believe a migration would trigger massive speed up in development of User Friendly Linux ecosystem.
>>
>>55767036
There';s a much bigger difference between linux and windows than there is ios and android.

Ios and Android have basically the same apps across them, Linux and Windows don't.

>>55767048
Has it right.
>>
>>55767048
>GIMP instead of Adobed products
Demand creates it's own supply.
When there will be people "Take our money adobe, we're here and we want to pay you" Adobe will be stupid to refuse.

Linux only isn't supported by Adobe becuse 5% of the market isn't worth wasting toime on, it's unprofitable to support.
FOR NOW.
>>
>>55767084
>Also i believe a migration would trigger massive speed up in development of User Friendly Linux ecosystem.

people here don't seem to understand that. it makes sence though because their knowledge only goes as far as parroting graphic card info.

MS is getting desperate as fuck though with this windows 10 shit and i think alot of companies are getting fed the fuck up with them. some new OS is bound to blow the fuck up out of no where.

>>55767129
major iCucks do not apply to this.
>>
>>55767038
>forced all hospitals to switchj to linux alredy.
Governments are not businesses. There's a huge amount of inertia.
I had to deal with official EU documents and they were in .docx that din't work correctly in neither Libre Office nor WPS office. And supposedly the EU supported open formats for documents.
The accounting program we use is also Windows only. The e-signature, the shitty websites I have to deal with that need ActiveX and only run in IE.
It's a nightmare trying to break free from Microsoft. I've been using GNU/Linux as my main for 2 years now and I still have to dual boot.

>Nearly all steam users will chose Steam OS over Xbox OS
Have you actually tried playing the games?
Everything that runs on Open GL has far worse performance compared to DX 11 in Windows.

The only consumer market where linux is viable is chromebooks because people don't have the expectations they have from Windows.
On a desktop or regular laptop they'll expect to run the programs they're used to and they'll be disappointed.
>>
>>55766818
Most people actually know of macOS, Linux and Android
In fact MS were so scared of Linux gaining support in business they ran a propaganda campaign against it and pushed windows servers.

As it stands windows is most compatible with most peoples needs, however if vulkan can take off even against a MS funded smear campaign, everyone will be better off and have real choice when setting up a pc.
>>
>>55767183
>sence
Curse words are a good way of showing how underdeveloped your vocabulary is, underage friend.
>>
>>55767143
The problem is that for this to happen people would have to use Linus, but for that to be the case they would have to be willing to abandon most of the products they are used to until the industry caught up. Now take a guess how likely thats going to happen, particularly for businesses? They cant afford to miss out on the best possible tools for months or even years just to force a market re-orientation.

The problem is that everything runs on Windows which means that even we want the industry to switch platform the initiative has to come from the developers, such as Adobe. They are the only one who could push it because plenty of people use their products. I would go as far as claim that the vast majority of the people who knows Linux and would like to use it doesnt do so because of either games or Adobe products. And neither someone who plays games nor someone who uses Adobe products will be willing to swallow a decline in performance to push for something that might never happen.
>>
File: 1468759836576.gif (3MB, 509x379px) Image search: [Google]
1468759836576.gif
3MB, 509x379px
>>55766818
Wow, a nobody is making baseless claims that he cant prove. STAND THE FUCK BACK THIS IS HUGE!
>>
I would adopt Linux if more games worked natively. In assuming Java, Flash and whatnot work. When it's the case that older games work without fiddling I'll switch. I'm absolutely not upgrading to 10 though

Also what is Cortana people complain about?
>>
File: doom-vulkan-opengl.jpg (44KB, 718x490px) Image search: [Google]
doom-vulkan-opengl.jpg
44KB, 718x490px
>>55767196
>Everything that runs on Open GL has far worse performance compared to DX 11 in Windows.
Wakey wakey
We Vulkan now.

And even OpenGL is not really that bad compared to DX, the difference isn't dramatical.

More issues with Linux driver but fuck me DEMAND CREATES SUPPLY
>>
even my psychopathic drug addict mother has used the gahnoos. back in the gnome 2.x days, my moms windows installation was so fucked i installed Ubuntu on it and she loved it. way faster too.

plebs need a few icons to click on and it will be fine.
>>
>>55767224
YOURE so angerary. nice fucking comeback.
>>
>>55767229
>businesses
They care a lot about buying hundreds if not thousands Windows copies with each machine.

They also care about shit like CAD because a corporate licenses cost hundreds of thousands if not millions bucks.
> but for that to be the case they would have to be willing to abandon most of the products
Is MS openly engages with Steam that is it for MS.
I believe it's more likely for Steam to fund Adobe ports to Lupus than Microsoft Marketplace beating Steam on Steam's own ground.
>>
>>55767332
:^)

O boi mi frist tiem geting rekt!1
>>
File: gobackthere.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
gobackthere.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>55767356
>>
>>55767276
I've ran the same games The Talos Principle (Serious Sam engine), Unreal 3 engine games, even Source engine games (L4D2).
All run worse. Even if the frame rates are similar most of the time, there will be stuttering or drops in framerates, the minimum frame rate is always far worse.
And in games that can use Open GL in Windows perfromance is also better. If it's any consolation I've tested everything on OS X as well and it's by far the worst.
Don't get me wrong I WANT to believe. I want Linux to succeed. But I can't pretend it's anywhere near good enough yet, because it's objectively not.
>>
>no source
>>
>>55767356
cringe
>>
>>55766838
No, the ones who didn't want a locked down system already use Windows and the rest don't care
You vastly underestimate how much it would take to get windows users to switch
>>
>>55767373
>>55767436
Sameunderagefag
>>
File: 1460731446403.png (2MB, 1141x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1460731446403.png
2MB, 1141x1277px
>>55767048
not just shit runs on windows, but also because hardware just works on windows.

my sound card, sound blaster zx still has zero linux support after... four years now? almost half a decade. even if your sound card is supported not everything offered by your sound card is supported.

amd / ati gpu's for over a decade are still absolute trash on linux.

wifi woes
networking in general woes

acpi issues

i remember when skylake came out, that after five months of release, i still couldn't get turboboost to work on three different 6700k's and two different motherboards (asus and gigabyte) with linux. all using the latest stable and rc release of the 4.x kernel. it wouldn't go past 4ghz with either intel pstate or acpi cpufreq. didn't matter if i set turbo to 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, or even 4.5ghz on all cores in bios. it wouldn't go past 4ghz and running bench tests showed the same exact performance as 4ghz at 4.5ghz. i tried everything, from disabling cstates, enabling them, turning turbo off and on, manual voltage, adaptive voltage, offset voltage, nothing. while in windows it all worked.

don't get me wrong, hardware support on linux has come a long ways, but its still wonky.

i'm not saying this is all linux's fault. of course not, its hardware vendors fault too for not releasing proper drivers or any support at all. but add in lack of software support AND hardware and it doesn't deliver a decent user experience. it turns people away.

linux right now is pic related.
>>
>>55766818
>What exactly is stopping Microsoft from locking down windows and turning it into an Xbox?
That pesky little thing called anti-trust lawsuits.
>>
>>55767333
you don't realize the steep discounts microsoft gives business. bundle 2000 units + a few hundred servers with windows server and microsoft will slash off 30 - 70%. even steeper if you threaten to leave for something like red hat.
>>
>>55767472
what makes you think im underage. and different people buddy
>>
>>55766818
And what's to stop Valve from bring up a class action lawsuit if they can prove Microsoft is deliberately gimping steam with updates? People have sued over less.
>>
File: Screenshot (79).png (61KB, 568x211px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (79).png
61KB, 568x211px
>>55767472
lol
>>
>>55767553
this

microsoft lately has been pushing steep discounts for their office 365 in the enterprise sector too. more so it comes out cheaper to buy office 365 than office stand alone even after four years of subs.
>>
>>55766818
>Most people will just do what MS says because they think they know better.
They won't, no matter how much you and the rest of /g/ will try to project your complacency and tech-hipsterism upon them. Windows 8 was a disaster, even 10 is under fire. Microshit isn't worried about fucking up and losing a bunch of customers to Linux (lol), they're worried about fucking up and having a repeat of XP where 50+% of the world's desktop computing base is running on a decade-old operating system because normalfags see no reason in upgrading when what they have works exactly the way they want and expect it to.

Businesses especially would throw even more of a shit-fit than they already have with Microsoft and their suicidal quest to follow Apple's coat tails in the dumbest ways imaginable.
>>
File: zzt1[1].gif (15KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
zzt1[1].gif
15KB, 640x350px
>>55767231
>a nobody
This is the guy that made motherfucking ZZT!

He also founded a little company called Epic, you may have heard of them.
>>
File: 1469319077338.jpg (21KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1469319077338.jpg
21KB, 218x265px
>>55766818
>people don't know what mac os is
>being this retarded
>>
>>55767409
Drivers.
Which arent supporting because a small marketshare isn't profitable to support.

When it's needed Valve will simply fucking FUND their development.

How much do you need?
you need drivers and Photoshop?
When battle between MS and Steam really starts Stem will simply BUY drivers and Photoshop ports.
>>
You tried playing games on Linux? I'd rather shoot my fingers off than do that shit again
>>
>>55767621
>This is the guy that made motherfucking ZZT!
What? So?

>He also founded a little company called Epic, you may have heard of them.
Never heard of them, I take it they are some old irrelevant company that hasn't done anything in years.
>>
>>55767553
Every Shekel saved is still a Shekel earned.
>>
>>55767646
Not the guy but I need photoshop until it gets healthy driver support linux is dead in the water. This is about every pro in my industry. We'd sooner go to mac then work on linux hahaha.

maya 3dsmax keyshot are also some good examples
>>
>>55767652
Civ 5 worked OK except KDE active corners still worked through the game screen.
>>
>>55767518
Why haven't Google or Apple faced anti-trust lawsuits then? The goal is to end up with desktops that are locked down like phones are now days.

>>55767574
Microsoft doesn't have to attack Steam directly. They just have to only continue to develop the new Universal Windows Platform that requires users to turn off security settings to allow programs not from the Microsoft store and slowly wind down and eventually stop further development of Win32.
>>
File: 1334543471307.gif (1MB, 209x180px) Image search: [Google]
1334543471307.gif
1MB, 209x180px
>>55766908
Confirmed. I am a normie and Linux scares me.
>Actually, I just haven't done my research on it because I like windows....
>>
>>55767646
This is with the proprietary nvidia drivers and they are about as good as you'll get on Linux. I've tested both older hardware - C2D, 4G DDRII, 9800GT etc. and newer i5, 16G DDRIII, 760GT.
The newer machine can generally brute force its way, but why bother when on Windows you'll get a much nicer experience with headroom for AA and all the bells and whistles.
>>
>>55767689
>This is about every pro in my industry.
A photographer?
They have some shit which is supposed to replace Lightroom already.
I imagine that a PS analogue can be built upon GIMP to replae PS, it really is just the interface and user end features.

And as an Artist I can happily go with Krita.
>>
>>55766818
>What exactly is stopping Microsoft from locking down windows and turning it into an Xbox?

A massive fucking class action lawsuit.

There's no way this would be viewed as competitive by any US regulatory agency and the EU would charge them 50000 billion dollars.
>>
>>55767742
>Why haven't Google or Apple faced anti-trust lawsuits then?
Because phones have always been locked down and don't function in the same way that personal computers do would be my guess.
>>
>>55767782
I'm an illustrator and concept artist for the games industry, those tools I listed are standard inhouse.

its ironic somewhat that I cant even make assets for games on linux let alone play them
>>
>>55767742
Google and Apple *have* faced anti-trust lawsuits.

If Google ever removed the "Allow 3rd party apps" option from Android, they'd get sued into the fucking ground. Apple gets it less because they have a lower market share but they still get it.
>>
File: 1367260530222666.jpg (32KB, 240x235px) Image search: [Google]
1367260530222666.jpg
32KB, 240x235px
>>55767511
>you will never pound her boipussy
>>
>>55767817
I do draw pictures and I could use literally fucking anything to achieve same result.

I just could go and spend a fucking week tiing and fixing everything.
I would also set up a gorillion plugins including LAB (it is not free as freedom AFAIK) and manually port all of my brushes, set up settings and shit.

And with all this immense butthurt and unwieldy work i would get literally everything the same as i am getting from Photoshop.
I even know two breddy good artists who actually fucking use GIMP because of freetard religious reasons and do fucking fine job with it.
>>
>>55766818
What do they mean "force"? I switched updates off.
>>
>>55766838
Business won't just magically switch over to Linux overnight, for many companies it's financial suicide if they take their servers down for a weekend so they can change their OS and re-install everything.
>>
>>55767833
>If Google ever removed the "Allow 3rd party apps" option from Android, they'd get sued into the fucking ground.
Except Microsoft isn't doing that in this case, they're making their system just like Google's Android. It still achieves a similar effect as users see they're disabling security settings to get something that they could get without doing so while still giving the user the choice.
>>
Why every thread gets swarmed by graphics designers and "content creators" I mean we all know you are special snowflakes but come on, you have your own boards for your circlejerk.
>>
>>55767975
>graphics designers and "content creators"
Tech-illiterate people who severely depend on certain software
>>
>>55767926
I know of a lot of businesses that migrated their older servers to VMs running on top of Linux.
But that doesn't change anything really. And nothing changes downstream, the drones in the office still use Windows.
>>
So this guy thinks MS will lock down Windows because they will phase out the Win32 API, and games depending on it won't work, and will have to use the new UWP and somehow be forced to use Windows Store?

Sounds pretty far fetched to me to be honest, this is one of those things that will make people throw molotov cocktails into Microsoft office buildings if it ever happened... I seriously doubt they will do it, unless they are absolutely sure nothing depends on Win32 anymore (which would take decades)
>>
>>55768002
The drones in hospital use Linux because their boss made them and taught them how.

That proves that it can be done.
>>
>>55767899

>i do draw pictures

kys buddy
>>
>>55768007
>because they will phase out the Win32 API, and games depending on it won't work
No, they will slowly cease development and newer games will be developed using the UWP API because developers will want access to newer features. Microsoft can keep legacy support for the Win32 API while still pushing new development to the UWP API.

>and somehow be forced to use Windows Store?
Currently you have to turn off security settings to allow execution of programs that use the UWP API from sources other than the Windows Store, just like you would for running Android apps not downloaded from the Google store. After new development moves completely to the UWP API expect to have to do the same for legacy Win32 programs.
>>
>>55768178
Work
Kiddo.

If all you do is ficking health potions for android games your opinion weights less than Linux marketshare.
>>
>>55766818
So what did they do?
The UWP is merely a platform at this point. I'd only get worried when they replace Win32 and the many layers on top of it and begin deprecating useful features in UWP.
>>
Nothing. Apple already does that to their macs and are doing perfectly fine.
>>
>>55766818
People will just get an iPad or Android device. A majority of the people I know have thrown out their desktops. Some use a laptop but most just use an iPad. After all it does everything they need.
>>
>>55766886
>You do realize it's not easy to just switch, right? You have to spend all that time teaching everyone a new OS, teaching them how to use different software, and getting them used to doing things in vastly different ways.
Wrong. This only applies to the IT staff and possible engineers that are employed and do IT stuff.
Office drones are supposed to turn the computer on, login, and then use very specific programs. It's not that damn hard, and if you have a worker who literally can't wrap their mind around a user interface that is a little different, you should fire and replace them immediately. There is plenty of non-retarded people out there.

As for software, the new rewritten software should generally work the same, just with a slightly different GUI.

Example: one of my relatives works in a factory, and they use Windows on all the computers there to control the machines. The workers don't have to know shit about the OS. They literally just see the program that controls the machine.
And even that program changes maybe once a year to adjust to new developments, so it's not like they NEVER have to learn something new either way.
>>
File: 1469145281685.png (1008KB, 617x634px) Image search: [Google]
1469145281685.png
1008KB, 617x634px
Real talk, I've just built an enthusiast tier rig that's running 7.

I wan't the new DX but it's locked behind 10.

What do I do... I hated what came after 7, I most definitely hate the synergy between the PC and Xbox interfacing.
>>
>>55769181
>I wan't the new DX
>wan't
>'
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

You want it, but do you NEED it?
>>
>>55769181
>wan't
Wow what an idiot I am.
>>
File: 1467057946823.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1467057946823.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>55769271

To be honest, given the amount of money I poured into this ridiculous rig it'd be stupid not to capitalize on all features available.

The question is Windows have decided to lock it away behind an OS they are desperately trying to push.

Why are they so insistent on forcing it down peoples necks? This legitimately has me concerned in a tin foil hat kind of way.

But I need that latest DX friend, I need it...
>>
>Conspiracy theories about something that is actually illegal to do in the US and Europe
>Conspiracy theories about something that would cause the Department Of Defense would roll into Redmond and deport Nadella immediately for being retarded

Not sure if actually retarded or a false flag to make linux users paranoid conspiracy nuts
>>
>>55769363
They just want to hold you and never let go, anon.
>>
>>55767817
>>55767899
A friendly reminder that the main industry Adobe products are considered standard in is not the industry of "drawing pictures" or editing holiday photos, it's the pre-press industry. Which means support for many industrial printing processes and their related features: ICC management, trapping, overprints, color plate separation, dot gain compensation and so on. Gimp (or any other free software for that matter) doesn't and will never have those. Not unless it's able to somehow get $BIGNUM and/or essential support from the printing industry.
>>
>>55766818
Businesses will abandon them in the blink of an eye as every single major enterprise in the world uses custom built, proprietary applications that they manage on-site.

Developers would also abandon it in droves. Sweeney's arguments are literal conspiratorial nonsense. I mean, MS is going to issue updates to mess with and corrupt third party game stores like Steam and Origin? LOL WAT?
>>
>>55770579
It's not like many people actually use origin so they might actually get way with that.
>>
>>55766838
Business can even change their browser, they still use Internet Explorer because they use Web Apps that only run in the IE.
>>
>>55766818
>Try explaining an OS to the average person.
Easy
"Ever heard of Mac OS? Well there are other OSes that are different than Windows and Mac. Multiple in fact."
>>
>>55772428
Do they run ms office?
Oh, well nevermind
>>
it's funny when people say "guess..." and end it with a question mark. it's like when people say "i wonder ...." and end that with a question mark. i see it all the time, too, like "I wonder when the store closes?"

"guess what" is a command; you're telling someone to guess something. you're not asking a question. same with "i wonder..."; that's a statement. you are wondering something. expressing uncertainty doesn't necessitate interrogative punctuation. you wonder when the store closes, full stop.

i hope this aside has been helpful. i also look forward to people on /g/ acting like their time is too valuable or they're too lowbrow to appreciate correct grammar and diction.
>>
>>55768987
Also, even if rewriting software for Linux ends up being too hard, they can always use Wine (unless one is a game developer. Then, either the game gets ported to Linux or DirectX 11 and 12 finally get good enough for the platform).
>>
I already switched to Linux as my primary OS over a year and a half ago. I anticipated the Windows 10 botnet and installed Linux on my new build.

I haven't looked back.
>>
>>55772545
How did you bypass secureboot?
>>
>>55772493
I've actually never really thought about that, thanks for the tip anon
>>
>>55772559

Turn it off.
>>
>>55766818
You're not giving users enough credit. People are fully aware that other operating systems exist. They're also aware of the fact that not all of their preferred programs have an equivalent on other OS'.
I swear, this board has so many people who are like "oh, my mom wouldn't even notice if I switched the Windows install over to a Mint Linux one LOLZ".
No, she'd notice, but she wouldn't say anything because it would involve having you stink up her house with your tendy-breath again.
>>
File: 1469577267139.jpg (41KB, 582x364px) Image search: [Google]
1469577267139.jpg
41KB, 582x364px
>>55767511

I've timed how long it would take me to successfully masturbate to this picture.

>2 hours, 47 minutes, 21 seconds.
>>
>>55769181

Make a new partition and install your 7 on it and upgrade to 10. That way you can play games on 10 but never do anything else on it and you still have 7
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.