[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinions on piracy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: piracy.jpg (32KB, 670x451px) Image search: [Google]
piracy.jpg
32KB, 670x451px
What's your opinions on piracy?
>>
>>55765535
piracy is for dumb anime nerds who spent the rest of their good boy bucks for the month and can't afford photoshop :<)
>>
>>55765589

why do these weebs even attempt to use photoshop? they have no business with professional image editing
>>
>>55765535
I use it all the time. I also pay for stuff all the time.
>>
>>55765589
Pretty much this. Netflix is $10 a month. Apple Music/Spotify is $10 a month. Steam has consistent enough sales. Digital media is cheap enough now that even the "it's over priced" argument doesn't fly. The only reason to pirate is because you wouldn't pay to begin with and were already a shit human.

Availability is the probably the only legit reason, and even then I'm pretty iffy on that.
>>
Attacking other ships on the high seas is a pretty immoral thing to do. We should send the Navy.
>>
>>55765640
yeah, gotta pay for dat food.
>>
>>55765643

why do you hate freedom?
>>
I believe in both supporting and contributing to pirate culture.
It's a moral thing for me, most of Hollywood and the music industry is dominated by liberals.
While feminists tend to complain that women are being held down by the patriarchy and aren't as successful because of prejudices, misogyny, etc, AMDrones put all the blame on nvidia and nvidia shills. Let me tell you all a story. One time i was like fuck apple so I never learned their bullshit OS/hated their products, because their ideologies were garbage overpriced crap, etc. Later i got a job and because I pigeon holed myself. Have you ever thought that maybe there's nothing wrong with having something to hide? I'm a very moral person, and if anything using an ad blocker makes me feel better.
The question comes down to whether you think it is possible to enjoy something someone else created without them receiving any compensation for it. Some have no problem justifying this, others don't, and still others are too stupid to realize that it's a moral problem at all. Destroying natural habitat to grow massive amounts of a less than ideal food source is raping the land.

So to summarize:
>well we've all decided that killing people for no reason is totally accepted norm now get with the times
>well we've all decided to become degenerate rapists
>it's OK because our new culture we made up says so
That leaves us with the law. And as a matter of law, there are no possible justifications of piracy. You can't argue that it is morally unjustifiable at all, there are no arguments you can make against piracy on a moral level because fairness trumps greed.
>>
It's only for poorfags.
>>
until there's an proper, hi-quality solution for distribution of content online, piracy will never go away
>>
File: PicsArt_07-24-10.26.53.jpg (390KB, 883x1440px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_07-24-10.26.53.jpg
390KB, 883x1440px
Why the fuck would I pay for something that I can get for free with relative ease?
>>
>>55765706
piracy will never go away, unless the internet is policed like a prison
>>
>>55765535
>tell what to think
OP is a faggot
>>
>>55765642
>Digital media is cheap enough now that even the "it's over priced" argument doesn't fly.
Television shows, movies, and music aren't the only things people pirate.
>>
>>55765645
I pay for steam games, Netflix and a groove music pass. I also have like 9TB of pirated movies and TV shows on my NAS.
>>
netflix has shit selection and quality compared to torrenting.
>>
>>55765763
so what? I have an expensive watch and eat chips.
>>
I don't see anything wrong with piracy, I think that everyone should have the freedom to comunicate information to anyone and transfer of information should not be prosecuted, moreover i'm against intellectual property laws, it's stupid for someone to "own" an idea, whatever idea that is, from the cure to cancer to a simple word. The fact that you were the first to think that idea shouldn't forbid everyone else from having that idea and using it. Under that logic the first person to understand breathing could have patented the idea and we would all have to die because breathing is patented.
>>
Piracy is a distribution problem.

When you make a product you want everyone to buy, either make it available for everyone, or expect that people are going to get a copy.

Take the KAT thing.
The owner made a website (KAT) which made it possible for pirates to create links to stuff.

Clearly this triggered some jewish people.
He then made the fatal mistake to make a purchase on itunes.

In this case, doing something legal sent him to jail.

I understand why some people would not want to ever buy from stores like itunes.
>>
>>55765799
>Piracy is a distribution problem.
gabe pls
>>
>>55765799
How did an itunes purchase send him to jail?
>>
>>55765702
Not everyone wants to fly half way around the world to search second hand music stores for albums by bands that are dead who only sold their music for a couple weeks on CDs. Buying stuff isn't always practical, in my experience.
>>
>>55765535
It's only OK when I do it
>>
>>55765822
He used the same IP to log into Kat's Facebook account or something of the sort
>>
>>55765822
They used the logs from Apple to help prove he was the guy hosting KAT (specifically his IP and email, I think)
>>
Loved it while I was a neet because I was a leach on society until I stopped being a manbaby and now I hate it. Only thing I find it useful is for ACTUALLY testing something before buying just to be sure. Such as, when I was a gaymer, I pirated Witcher 3 to see if it'll work with my 460. It did. I then bought it on Steam.

I think pirates are leaches that make excuses and never worked in their lives and want free shit for their free tard ganoo distro basically.
>>
>>55765535
>what's your opinions

Dude I'm a spic and I spic it better than you.
>>
>>55765850
>>55765855
Wait, but how did they figure out it was the same guy? Were they seriously just searching through all iTunes IPs?
>>
>>55765875
I think it went like this.

>Hm... Check out this guy that liked/was active on the KAT FB page
>Oh cool, his IP address matches one that recently made a transaction through Apple
>>
>>55765875

he used the same nickname as he does on KAT iirc. So they told Apple, "hey, what IP does this artem guy have on your profiles?" and then it was the same as the FB page; the nickname was the link.
>>
>>55765869
>Only thing I find it useful is for ACTUALLY testing something before buying just to be sure. Such as, when I was a gaymer, I pirated Witcher 3

I HATE the gaming industry for DISCONUTINUING Demos and then bitch about piracy. By refusing to offer any kind of download, you're pretty much accepting the game will be downloaded illegally anyways.
>>
>>55765963
Video game demos were never common. Why start a trend you might just lose money over?
>>
>>55765989

you could actually win customers if your game was decent, of course if the game is passable and you rely on mystery plastic cover purchases it's not a good idea
>>
>>55765963
Don't kid yourself. The majority of people who say they only pirate games to test them because there's no demo available would pirate anyway, they'd just use some other excuse.
>>
Shia Labeouf
>>
Eh, I pirate movies all the time then buy the blu-rays. Gaming is an even bigger industry, so fuck it. Plus, I generally go buy games I enjoy.

>Honestly fuck it, shit is so much more convient
>>
>>55766158

do you need to put the physical blu rays in your shrine?
>>
I pirate movies mainly, because the last time I paid to see a movie and didn't feel ripped off was never. Lower the price to 5 bucks and I might consider paying again.

Also fuck subscribtion based shit that wont let me download a copy to watch offline.
>>
I have a Netflix Amazon Prime and Spotify accounts. If what I want isn't on those three sources I pirate it. I don't feel bad and I won't stop pirating. I'd like to say it's entirely about the ease of using these but it's mostly about money. I spend imo enough money on entertainment and I won't spend anymore. If the movie I want isn't on Netflix or Prime I'm gonna steal it. Apple can suck my dick. I will not buy a movie or show to watch it once and forget about it in a month.
>>
>>55766043
This.

Most people believe that enslaving animals for food is wrong but they just make up excuses for not being vegans. The real reason is that enslaving animals doesn't directly affect them so they don't give a fuck.

I pirate and eat meat but I'm not making up bullshit excuses to justify it.
>>
>>55766243
You should be ashamed.
>>
>>55766043
I've pirated shovel knight only to buy it on my 3DS, I can only count on two hands how many times I've done it though.

>>55766252
>Food analogies
>>
File: fish.jpg (27KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
27KB, 300x310px
If I can get something for free with no effort, instead of paying. Why wouldn't I?
>>
>>55766343
something something supporting the creators
something something if you want more something something
>>
>>55766396

STEALING MOVIES, MUSIC IS LIKE FREE RIDING SERVICES
IT IS REPREHENSIBLE AND ILLEGAL
>>
>>55766422
So is going over the speed limit, much more often than not most highway flow of traffic here in burgerland is 5 above

It's just nobody gives a shit enough on that small of a scale
>>
>>55766479
>most highway flow of traffic here in burgerland is 5 above

CALL THE POLICE
>>
I started out pirating because I was poor. Now I have a job not being a pirate has taught me so much that I wouldn't have a job had I never been a pirate.

I learned about networking, building a file server, raid types, file permissions, application user independence, etc only because of pirating. Most recently I learned how to virtualize servers on a headless system using kvm/qemu/virsh.

I spend more money on my file server and Usenet than I would with netflix. But it's fun to me and I control everything. And I dislike non-open software. Hell I hear it's a pain to get netflix to even work on linux. Spotify and netflix sell your user data and spotify especially tries to incorporate into social media. To each his own, but I strongly dislike that.

Tldr; pirating has made me self taught in many technologies which has helped me get a job
>>
ARRR SHIVER ME TIMBERS
>>
I'm paying for my Amazon Prime Account, my Netflix Account and my Spotify Account.
Everything thats not in there gets downloaded, usually from 1click hosters, for which I pay again at least 10€/month.
I feel fine with this, because its their (the lobby) fault.
>>
>>55766499
Oh, they're already here

They won't pull you over until you get close to 10, depends on the highway and time of day

>>55766518
I can relate to this, but to a lesser extent
>>
>>55765535
I think archiving copyrighted material is important because companies cannot be trusted to provide them forever.

But pirating shit because "paying is for suckers" is a shitty way of thinking.
>>
>>55765535
I personally don't have an issue with it, the people who pirate stuff usually wouldn't buy those things anyway. I do sympathize with the comapnies/developers though. I know if I were a developer for photoshop or ableton live or whatever I'd feel cheated if people were pirating my sw. Thems the breaks, though.
>>
Piracy is for teenagers and poor people.
>>
>>55766199
Aye, It's better quality and I enjoy putting in a physical disc.
>>
>>55765535
Isn't Somalia under control now?
>>
Purchase bluray disk
> watch trailer
> watch another trailer
> watch fbi warning
> watch another trailer
> just one more trailer
> no, you can't skip this one too
> another fbi warning
> film

Download from torrents
> click file, watch film
>>
>>55767633
buy on itunes silly
>>
I pirate because I don't live in US, so most of services are unavailable or lacking content.
>>
File: you_can_click_but_you_cant_hide.jpg (32KB, 301x400px) Image search: [Google]
you_can_click_but_you_cant_hide.jpg
32KB, 301x400px
>>55767633
Download from torrents

>click file
>fbi raids home
>>
>>55768112
>buy
>>
>>55765642
>paying for spotify
you can't get more retarded than this
>>
>>55765535

>Pirate games to see if they run (less so now with Steam refunds) because I've always had shit-tier hardware and nobody does demos any more.

>Buy them if they run and aren't shit after 20 minutes of playing

>Download music with abandon because all the artists that are worth supporting are long dead or millionaires already.
>Buy tickets/merch from artists I like
>Go to local shows to support small bands that need the help
>Subscribe to Spotify for convenience and because it's free from Starbucks

>Download movies because Hollywood doesn't need the money
>Buy movies that aren't complete shit so I can watch them whenever
>Only download movies I wouldn't bother watching again anyway
>Same rules for TV
>Watch entire series, buy the DVDs if it's worth it

>Download any software I need because I don't use it for commercial purposes and I'm not going to shell out hundreds of dollars for software I use to shitpost

Basically, I pirate things I want and then support them with real money if they are worth it. I acknowledge what I do isn't always right but I also acknowledge I cause imperceptible damage to anyone, especially since I DO support things I like.
>>
Why the fuck I should pay for free stuff
>>
>>55768696
Be a good goy and spend 70$ on a broken 10 hour game!
>>
>>55768696
stupidity tax, pay it
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.