[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degree choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hey /g/

I figured this would be the right place to ask this question

Is an Applied Computer Science degree worth it? I am going to uni this september and I have been accepted into the computer science programs at 3 universities. The thing is the name of the CS program at the most prestigious uni is called BSc (Hons) Applied Computer Science. Would that be a disadvantage when applying for work? I checked the course info and it is accredited but I am still woried.

Thank you
>>
>>55764784
instal gentoo
>>
>>55764784
>Applied Computer Science
I think most Computer Science programs are "applied" since you have to choose your program based on what you want to do. I would look into those programs and see which one fits you best. If the university you are talking about really is prestigious, then I don't think anyone will actually care.

What uni is it, btw?
>>
>>55764784
>Applied Computer Science

What the fuck makes it different from computer science
>>
>>55764784
She looks just like this girl I smashed for a few months.
>>
>>55765477

University of Leeds. The Applied CS route + a year abroad.

The other universities are are:
Coventry University - BSc Computer Science
University of Leicester - BSc Computer Science
Aston University - same

My cousin graduated from with a degree in AI there and told me to pick Leeds. He went on to a year abroad doing a CS related major in UCLA which is awesome since if I can get a 2.1 I can go into an exchange program at Berkeley/UCLA/Georgetown....

>>55765492
It has 1 different module in the main course syllabus and if I choose the applied CS route I Machine Learning will be an optional module instead of mandatory.
>>
>>55765581
So the difference is it's easier.

It sounds like a course purely invented to get more CS students.
>>
You thought 4chan was the right place to ask for advice about planning your future? The fuck?
>>
>>55765581
>>55765600
You basically have your answer. Go to Leeds and try to get into the UCLA program.
>>
>>55765600
That is a common practice but not with Leeds. They have a complete CS course intake of 150 +/-students who all share a common first year course structure (basically everyone takes CS in the first year). After that you choose an area in which you specialize. The Applied CS route is apparently tailored towards people who want to get into the industry as soon as they graduate as opposed to going for research/PhD but I don't if it makes that much of a difference since the difference between all the routes is only 2-3 modules.

>>55765672
Yeah got it, thank for your input
>>
>>55764784

Who is this sperm vacuum?
>>
>>55764784
Didn't read just clicked because of goddess. Just wanted to inform you.
>>
>>55765741
>>55765772

Arianny Celeste
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.