[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

The "distribution/package" method of distributing software is stupid and relies on the goodwill and/or motivation for maintainers to finally update shit. I bet there's a lot of corruption involved and only packages that pay bribes get updated faster. There are lots of requests for new packages for Debian that have been closed with a "I'm not interested in it" comment from a single developer.

Also, the libraries shit. It supposedly is good because all applications can share the same libraries and save disk space, but if a certain application requires a certain old version of the library or the x86 version of it, you are fucked in the anus.

Windows, on the other hand, just works. If you want to install some software, you just download it and install it, and it's granted to work.
>>
>>55764670
>The "distribution/package" method of distributing software is stupid and relies on the goodwill and/or motivation for maintainers to finally update shit. I bet there's a lot of corruption involved and only packages that pay bribes get updated faster. There are lots of requests for new packages for Debian that have been closed with a "I'm not interested in it" comment from a single developer.
Third party repos remedy this problem.
>Also, the libraries shit. It supposedly is good because all applications can share the same libraries and save disk space, but if a certain application requires a certain old version of the library or the x86 version of it, you are fucked in the anus.
If you need specific libraries that are outdated, the developer can just package the libraries with the program and make the program load only those libraries, Steam on Linux does this (Although it falls back to system libraries if the "local" ones are missing).
>>
>Op is too dumb to use linux

/thread
>>
Linux is not a package manager.
>>
>>55764670
wtf i hate linux now!
>>
>>55764670
12 years of happily using linux, and you just ruined it.
Thanks a lot, faggot.
>>
wtf i hate libraries now!
>>
>>55764779
Puppy has had all in one software packages for years. Ubunghole now has a snaps software thing so it can have duplicate conflicting versions and be just as big a pile of dung as windows. Yay!
>>
enjoy your security holes, spyware, viruses

meanwhile i can update or even reinstall my entire system in one action
>>
>>55764670
>Also, the libraries shit. It supposedly is good because all applications can share the same libraries and save disk space, but if a certain application requires a certain old version of the library or the x86 version of it, you are fucked in the anus.
Disk space is largely a triviality. The bigger reason for that in this day and age is so that libraries can receive security patches, and everything that uses that library receives the fix without having to be updated or patched itself.
>>
>>55764670

>only packages that pay bribes get updated faster
We call them donations usually.

>if a certain application requires a certain old version of the library or the x86 version of it, you are fucked in the anus.
I have never encountered a version of this problem that couldn't be fixed inside of a minute.

>you just download it and install it, and it's granted to work.
Unless it was intended for an earlier version of Windows. In which case you're up shit creek without a paddle.

This is a meme.
>>
Wtf i hate linux now!!
>>
>>55764670
OP is an indian faggot who shit post for microsoft
>>
File: wincuck.jpg (25KB, 447x248px) Image search: [Google]
wincuck.jpg
25KB, 447x248px
>>55764670
>granted to work
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.