[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TFW incompetent regional IT workforce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: satellite-dish.jpg (395KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
satellite-dish.jpg
395KB, 1920x1440px
>live in apartment
>internet connection is unstable as fuck
>they come out a few times and find something wrong each time, but never actually fix the issue and make the connection stable
>finally get tired of it and switch services
>same shit; never acquired truly stable internet at this apartment

>move to brand new house maybe 10 miles away, probably a little less
>stuck with satellite because landline-based internet hasn't been set up, even though we're right in the middle of a city
>worker takes 18 hours to get the connection working
>after the first trip out, he brought his brother, whom I get the feeling didn't have any qualifications
>connection is, again, unstable; he apparently missed a bunch of basic steps
>new guy comes out and makes it more stable
>sorta
>it's still misaligned, confirmed remotely by the company
>connection has gotten so bad at this point that I can't stay online consistently for half an hour, and if there's so much as a drizzle outside, you can forget about it
>getting someone to come out and fix this is impossible; the first time, they were going to call us back and never did (over a month later), and when we called back and sat on hold to get an appointment, they actually canceled the scheduled date the night before, claiming that they were all tied up (probably due to needing repeat trips for all of their fuckups)

Goddammit, fuck the south. Considering how consistent it is, it's pretty obvious at this point that the issue is just that the IT workforce out here mostly consists of chuckfucks who don't have more competent workers forcing them to either step up their game or get put out of a job. Shit, this is probably where the losers go. I miss the west coast.
>>
At this point you should run your own cable
>>
>>55761105

I know a bit about programming, but I know jack shit about setting up cabling and the like, unfortunately.
>>
>>55761187
Shit is cake, knowing what kind of cable and how to connect it and actually get data through it is where the money is

And for a new building, it's usually best to order POTS it forces the phone company to install the wiring to your house/street, meaning you can get the shittiest dsl over those lines
>>
>>55761073
>complaining about incompetence
>not doing it better yourself
That's your problem right there
>>
>>55763059

>you're not allowed to complain about any work that anybody else does for you unless you're an expert in the field

>can't criticize a meal at a restaurant unless you're a chef who could cook a better variation of the meal
>can't criticize a car unless you're an automobile engineer who could build a better car
>can't criticize a movie unless you're a better film director than the one who made the movie
>Why aren't you working to a car-designing, movie-directing head chef?

This will always be a stupid argument. Society would be a broken place if things actually worked this way.

I suppose that I might be interested in some home networking projects, but opening up a competing IT company and doing a better job at aligning the satellite isn't really something that I aspire to. I've never been good with my hands, either, so I'm not entirely sure that it would be a smart field for me to go into.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.