[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normie Needs Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: slash.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
slash.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm pretty much as technologically meh as it gets, so I want to ask you niggers what you think because everywhere I look I get mixed answers.

Some claim that having too much RAM can be a bad thing, if this is true then how much is TOO much? I also hear a lot about slotting sticks of different capacities being a bottleneck, if that is true how so?

I just ordered a shitload of parts to build 2 desktops for work-related activities, 1 for me and 1 for a co-worker, I completely forgot that I had RAM lying around and was curious what you guys think.

Would mixing my two old 4gb sticks with the 8gb stick I just ordered for a total of 16gb collectively from 3 separate components be bad, if so why?

Also RAM/DIY Desktop thread I guess.
>>
>>55757699
>Would mixing my two old 4gb sticks with the 8gb stick
Don't mix RAM ever. If you want 16GB buy a 2x8GB pack or get 2GB of the same model from different kits and run the small risk of it fucking up.

>Some claim that having too much RAM can be a bad thing
If there is a point where you have too much RAM you are certainly not going to hit it easily.
>>
>>55757699
RAM really depends on what you're doing. If you're doing heavy video editing or 3d modelling then you'll need 32gb or over. For gaming 16 is useually enough. There's no such thing as too much RAM, just unutilized ram which ends up being a waste of money.
>>
>>55757730
>2GB of the same model
2 DIMMs*
>>
>>55757730
So two 4gb and one 8gb is frowned upon, but could you clarify a little further?
>>
>>55757699
jesus, the ps4 version of dark souls 3 looks awful. I honestly thought it was a maxed out DkS2 at first, but its basically just DkS3 on low settings.
>>
>>55757754
Make sure the RAM is the same model, timing, speed etc and mix and match sizes as much as your MOBO can support.
>>
>>55757772
Well as for capacity they are not the same, both sets ARE 1600mhz, however timings are not the same, 10-10-10-27 on the new one, 9-9-9-24 on the old set, so mixing would be disastrous I guess?
>>
>>55757844
I would like to go further with this, both sets are identical in literally every regard except timing, same voltage, same speed, both are 240 pin, only difference is timing.
>>
Nevermind my autistic ass (OP) just went and checked the MOBO I ordered and the bastard only has 2 slots anyway, a mod can go ahead and kill this thread.
>>
Yeah, seriously make sure that you get the highest MHz RAM your motherboard supports. Nothing worse than overpaying for fast RAM just to get cucked and have it underperform.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.