[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Leap Motion worth getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Is the Leap Motion worth getting?

I heard it got better, is that true?
>>
What will you get it for?
What supports it besides tech demos?
>>
I thought wagglan is dead
>>
>>55754556
I wanted to get one to put inside a coffee table near my couch and use it as a weird gesture remote for a HTPC and other stuff It seems it doesn't work that good unless you are on top of it like a keyboard.
>>
>>55754651
Windows. Just casual browsing etc. Could also be cool to use in 3d modelling software, though I'm not sure it's supported.

It's like 50% off now too, so I'm considering getting one.
>>
>>55754676
Yeah, seems that way, though it might be possible to point it in your direction so you don't have to have your hands over the table.
>>
>>55754710
>Windows. Just casual browsing etc.
You'll get over the novelty after 20 minutes and go back to the mouse

>It's like 50% off now too, so I'm considering getting one.
Let someone else buy one and take it off their hands when they tire of it
>>
Only if you have a VR headset
>>
>>55754728
Yeah thought so, but I had the silly idea that you could use it to scroll around movies, navigate menus, raise or lower volume just by going near the table but it would take trial and error to check the maximum distance between the table and your hands moving over it.
honestly I was expecting the price to drop enough that it was dirt cheap to get it and try it.
>>
I really don't see any applications beyond motion capture animation

And then you're literally just capturing your hands

Honestly what could you possibly intend to do with this that would justify purchase
>>
>>55754760
You can buy them from china for like $20-$25. Check Alibaba
>>
>>55754556
>Is the Leap Motion worth getting?
No.

>I heard it got better, is that true?
Tracking is pretty bad and there are no decent use cases.

>>55754760
>scroll around movies, navigate menus, raise or lower volume just by going near the table
Range is really low and this is better solved with a touchscreen
>>
>>55754761
>Honestly what could you possibly intend to do with this that would justify purchase
http://blog.leapmotion.com/leap-motion-htc-vive-faq/
>>
File: amazing_spiderman_oscorp_desk.png (189KB, 620x258px) Image search: [Google]
amazing_spiderman_oscorp_desk.png
189KB, 620x258px
>>55754771
I will, I just remembered this because I checked the thread, got that idea when they first released the leap.

>>55754788
Yes, you are right, actually I got the idea after watching videos of those interactive tables pretty much like pic related, it's like a huge touchscreen (in cas of a coffee table not that huge, even a 20 inch would be more than enough) and it looked cool.
>>
>>55754761
see >>55754754

It actually works really well for VR. I just wish more devs supported it.
>>
Bought it for my vive + fsx. pain in the ass. doesnt work well. waste of money.
>>
>>55754800
Oh, it can be mounted on the headset?

I guess that could be cool.

The whole it being limited to your desk thing is what made me doubt it's usability.
>>
>>55754556
On Amazon:
9 new - $39.95
11 used - $49.95
How do they stay in business?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.