[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ hate in tutorial videos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1469120724585.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1469120724585.png
209KB, 510x346px
Hey /g/,

I've got too much time on my hands, and decided that today would be the day I do something that I've always said I would do- Remake every shitty "How to" guide I run into on YouTube when trying to fix an issue.

What things piss you off the most in these sorts of videos? I'll start

> Heavy accent that makes it difficult to understand instructions
> 7 minute video for something that takes 30 seconds
> No editing or pre-planning was cleary
> "Hey guys, so today I'm going to be showing you..."
> "Alright this should work and....okay, let's try something else."
>>
>>55751979
> Tutorials made by Pajeet
>>
Also, I would be interested in anyone posting links to tutorial videos they disliked while trying to fix any sort of issue.
>>
>>55751979
>Music.
I don't want to listen to whatever music you think is cool. If I want to hear music I'd open a music player and listen to music I like.

>Intros
and
>Intros with music
This is just stupid, the youtube page already lists your name and even adds a button on the video with yuor name, no need to add another 10-20 seconds to the video with an annoying animation which adds nothing to the content of the video. If you're worried about it being stolen and added to another site without your consent then watermark it. At least that way I don't waste 20 seconds watching crap I don't want to see.

>Ads
Do I even have to explain this? Just don't do this.
>>
Why not just going straight to the point, planning whole video beforehand and use subtitles instead of voice?

I dont like video tutorials in general, but I guess that would make them a bit more bearable.
>>
File: comradesmarch!.jpg (262KB, 544x604px) Image search: [Google]
comradesmarch!.jpg
262KB, 544x604px
>>55751979
>Shot with Dad's 2005 camcorder.
>family arguing in background
>Mariachi playing from Beats.
>>
File: nope.jpg (486KB, 766x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
486KB, 766x1080px
>>55752761
>subtitles instead of voice?
You mean typing out shit in Notepad @ 12 WPM.
>>
>>55752633
>Ads
>Do I even have to explain this? Just don't do this.
Yes, explain. These content creators have to make money somehow.
>>
>>55752633
>Intros with music
This but make the intro music way louder than the rest of the tutorial and make sure the music you do use is terrible edm or dubstep. Make the background music almost drown out your voice as well

Also don't forget to record it at a terrible resolution with bad frame rate and a yellow highlight on your cursor
>>
>>55752916
>makes video tutorial of already available instructions online
>"content creator"
I guess they could get a job like everyone else.
>>
I have thought about doing it myself too, but the problem is that I don't want my videos/voice to be logged into the google botnet

for example, today I was looking up how to mod a PS2, I fucking lost count of how many times this guy says "like so"

some of the things I hate though, to answer the question

>wannabe smarty-pants who say "per se", "like so", as such", "vice versa" repeatedly in a single video until its fucking verbatim
>I'm such a faggot I have to talk for an hour and made a 10 minute video with two minutes of content
>try-hard coolios "yo whats up youtube dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwg"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLvjY-W3qWU

vid is the guy who says "like so" over and over, makes me cringe
>>
>>55752633
Even worse than (intro) music is when they don't even seem to adjust the audio levels. Have fun trying to hear someone explain something whilst edgy slayer blaring on the foreground.
>>
File: 2016-07-25-132800_346x338_scrot.png (103KB, 346x338px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-25-132800_346x338_scrot.png
103KB, 346x338px
I like Louis rossman
>>
One of the things I hate most about video tutorials is that most of them don't have copyable segments in the description where relevant, like when dealing with unusual configuration files or a series of commands that need to be run.

Also, video compression. Can't count the amount of times some video has tried to show something textual and you can't see for shit because it's been compressed all to hell.

Honestly though, give me a plain-text document any day. Then I can view it in small programs of my choice (w3m, wget+pandoc+less, etc.), read it faster than any person can reasonably speak, and I can access it from an X-deprived tmux session, for instance. Far more convenient all-around, at least for this category.
>>
10 minute khan academy math videos where in fact it would take 2 - 3 minutes to explain.

Also the fact that they spend a bunch of useless time writing things down with a drawing tablet and start spelling the word slowly cause they can't edit or write fast.
>>
>>55752761
This is actually my plan for any tutorial videos I make. I find that someone's voice is annoying, and while I have a good microphone and I'm not bad at speaking, reading is faster than listening.
>>
Retards that take 10 minutes to type out the tutorial instead of just showing what to do.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.