[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazon prices too good to be true

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Amazon-logo-700x433.jpg (21KB, 700x433px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon-logo-700x433.jpg
21KB, 700x433px
Backstory...

Browsing amazon for tools, just adding items to my wish list and reading reviews and shit. Check my wish list and some items price dropped 85% or more. I end up buying 3 different name brand power tool kits for a fraction of the price.

Anyone experience this?

Am I getting scammed by amazon?

What if its fake crap, is amazon's return policy decent?
>>
>>55750155
Amazon refujd policy and customer protection is fucking amazing, dw
>>
>>55750155
>Not realizing the sellers will mark the price up 90%
>Then drop the price by 80% so amazon notifies you of the price cut
>They now make a full + 10% profit on everything they sell to their retard consumers.

O I am laffin
>>
>>55750336
Awesome, good to hear. I plan on getting Prime in the next few months as well.

>>55750424
Im not talking about cheap chink shit cell phone cases or usb cables. What I purchased was listed for almost $300 in Home Depot and other online retailers. Got em for little over 10% of normal retail price.
>>
amazon is kinda retarded for shopping
checked there in hopes of finding some good prices for gtx1060 or rx480 and i dont even understand how to find something specific there except by chance

>go to computer components, type in rx 480
>get 1-2 rx 480, a bunch of r9 380 and even gxt 1070
>type in gxt 1060
>get almost the same results, with only 20% actually being the 1060, and the prices are far worse then the local newegg equivalent
>>
>>55750155
>2016
>still using amazon
But yea dude they use a price algorithm thingy.
>>
Be careful with returns as fuckers are starting to ban addresses now.
>>
>>55750761
Their automated system must have goofed.
>>
>>55750424
>Not realizing the sellers will mark the price up 90%
>Then drop the price by 80% so amazon notifies you of the price cut
And now they are selling at barely two fifths of the original price and making a loss on each sale.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>55750807
If you try Amazon Seller Central everything has either zero or 3 plus variations where morons keep making new pages.
>>
>>55750961
>I don't know how marketing works
>>
Amazon protection is so amazing that you can use it to scam sellers and amazon will still side with you.
>>
>>55750424
>They now make a full - 62% profit
ftfy
>>
>>55751024
>I don't know how math works
>>
File: 1463714011648.jpg (31KB, 517x425px) Image search: [Google]
1463714011648.jpg
31KB, 517x425px
OP here. Got an email starting my order was cancelled due to seller pricing error.

Ah well.
>>
>>55750155
>>55751228
in my experience amazon can and will send you things they deem "similar" to what you wanted and your only recourse is to beg them to take it back and refund at a 10% loss. they will never exchange and if you reorder you will just get the "similar" item again and they never EVER take it down when they run out of stock for something
>>
File: (Ha)x2.jpg (25KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
(Ha)x2.jpg
25KB, 400x373px
>>55751989
>>
>>55752037
In my experience, amazon can and will send you things they deem "similar" if A.) they're fulfilling for a third party that supplied knockoff stock or B.) if there's a clearly more popular listing and one is separate because it's a wrongly labeled product
>>
>>55750155
I have. I bought lube once and it was 1/3rd the price if it was wish listed first then bought
>>
>have used amazon in the past but would always delete account after a few transactions
>do this about 3 times over the course of a year

>3 months ago
>decide to finally get my first desktop (have always been laptop)
>order complete set of parts from amazon
>insert info
>order confirmed XDD
>next day
>log in to see if it shipped
>we need to verify your information
>we locked you out of your account

>contact support
>no avail
>still locked
>few days pass
>finally get back in
>delete account
>get an actual personalized response rather than the typical automated one
>Mr. anon, we're sorry we had these circumstances that led you to close your account, but we respect your decision etc etc

>order from nigs off of ebay and end up paying around $25 more in total

Even though my account was unlocked, it is the principle here.
Instead of contacting me, saying hey we need you to confirm this, they just lock me out of the account I just put a few hundred dollars in without any explanation or alternative actions available to me?
What the fuck, I never will support or use them again, and I actually mean that. i haven't used amazon since then.

besides that, there is the whole matter of the treatment of their employees, and the 1984 book erasing they did on people's devices

>use amazon
>they remotely wipe your data
>you don't need that, citizen
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.