[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: BnquViC - Imgur.png (17KB, 533x418px) Image search: [Google]
BnquViC - Imgur.png
17KB, 533x418px
I'm upgrading in the coming weeks and wanted to see yall's suggestions on my current setup. I want to do some low-key streaming for fun and don't want an issue.

I'm looking at about $2k for upgrade funds.

I know I should upgrade my 760, so I was thinking about a 1060 or 1070. But at the same time I'm not sure about wattage or anything else. I was also thinking of jumping up to an i7 from my i5. I just run simple fans for cooling, so with the upgrade is there anything I'd need to definitely pick up in addition to my old fans?

Besides those two I'm looking into an SSD, maybe another TB, and a new case. I have Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Mid currently and it is quite loud so I'm picking up a quieter mid. But I don't really need too much help with that, just providing the information for ya.
>>
File: lol.png (35KB, 768x404px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
35KB, 768x404px
Your system will stream fine. I stream on my C2Q 2.83ghz with a 750TI and 8GB of Ram just fine. Shadowplay is kind of amazing.
>>
>>55744842
Just get an SSD and you should be fine.
>>
>>55744938
Really, just an SSD? I run games on medium-low currently so I was thinking if I stream and want to run on high I should jump up a notch.

>>55744885
I didn't even think about Shadowplay, I was going to use Xsplit
>>
>>55745003
You can use NVENC with Xsplit or OBS, and you get some pretty sweet performance benefits. I really don't know if you need to upgrade.
>>
>>55744842
>>55745024
Well I guess I should say its not out of need that I feel like I should upgrade, more like I want to? I'd like to run current games on High with a nice frame-rate compared to the medium settings with frame dips I have now.
>>
>>55744842
Get a 1060 and SSD
>>
>>55744842
I have almost the SAME config at home...
>i5-4570
>GTX 760
>8GBs of DDR3 RAM

but I have 120GB of Samsung 840 EVO along the 1TB hard drive.

jumping from i5 to i7 (especially during gaming) won't give you that benefit (literally maximum +5 fps, it's not worth the price imo), but if you're not sure, google a bit and see the gaming benchmarks. if your fans are doing OK, then you shouldn't switch (but I use CM Hyper 212 EVO, which is nice - runs my i5-4570 at 30-40 degrees and during gaming, it's only 45-50 degrees). So from this perspective, your CPU is fine, and if you want to get a better air cooler which is cheap, I can recommend the Hyper 212 EVO.

Also, buying an SSD may be worth it. OS loads faster, games/programs load faster, I like it. Going for a quality SSD (like a Samsung or Intel or anything that's advised) may boost your PC experience (and yes, it's a meme, but a good one, and since it's cheap, it's worth it).

Regarding your graphics card, this is mostly up to you. If you're playing on 1080p, I think there's no need to go above the RX 480 or 1060. If you'd like to be future-proof, either go with the RX 480 or 1070. The RX 480 may be a good choice, it has a really good performance under DX12 and Vulkan (it performs around the 1060). The 1060 has better performance under older titles (DX11), and is more expensive than the RX 480. Like I said, up to you, but I'd go for the RX 480, since it can be more future-proof for DX12 and Vulkan (in my opinion, of course). Make sure you google after this. Sapphire's RX480 looks promising though, I'd pick that (and I will, around Christmas).

If you change your GPU, make sure your PSU is good enough. You may need to change it (so 400W PSU may not be enough, you may require a new one, like 450-500W of PSU).

I can't really advise anything regarding the case, that's something that you'll need to pick.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.