[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /g/, What programs you use for your mixes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Dank Shit.png (1MB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
Dank Shit.png
1MB, 1365x767px
So /g/, What programs you use for your mixes?
>>
The plugins that come with your DAW are usually good enough I think. I haven't gotten super hardcore into production but I can't imagine it making a huge difference in the end product as long as you know what you're doing (I don't)

I got really big into pirating all of this sort of stuff but really it's much less of a pain to go all free unless you have a virtual instrument you really want to use.
>>
>>55744785
I mainly use serum. And sometimes zynaptiq. I like Zynaptiq plugins cause it brightens the mixes in audio parts. Like all in one plugin Unmix drums is my top favorite. Added by Unveil. You'll hear a huge difference. A bit cpu hoggy though if you dont have a higher horse power for that.
>>
>>55744785
Mainly all native plugins have real time formats that minick analog emulation at the slightest and because of the price is expensive. Cpu reduction is the most challenging thing in the music industry if you're developing a software product for a strong code.
>>
Real music is made with instruments anon not pushing buttons on a keyboard
>>
>>55745093
Yeah virtual instruments I can understand, especially sample based ones. And Serum has probably one of the coolest interfaces for anything I've seen. Omnisphere looks pretty badass though.

I'm not hugely sure why there are so many FM synthesizer VSTs though. Isn't it all just math-based? Or are they all trying to emulate specific quirks of old hardware?

>>55745166
OP's talking about mixing you doofus. Physical instrument tracks need to be mixed too.
>>
>>55745220
If can't touch it then no talent
>>
>>55745220 (you)
But on the free software side, I've been having fun just using Linux and whatever plugins are in whatever distro's repository. What sucks though is that I'm mainly a guitar player and most free amp sim software isn't nearly in the same league as something like Bias. You can get some cool-ass tube screamer and Peavey metal amp clones but I'm not sure how good you can get a more conventional sound out of free stuff.
>>55745228
pssh yeah whatever *plays sweep arpeggios at 200bpm* bet you wish u could do that shit
>>
Fruity loops 3 on windows NT
>>
>>55745220
I think old hardware. Access virus ti is pretty old and the thing about it is that the sound and the hardware brings back all the old school sounds back in the 90's. Drum & Bass was one of them and that's when EDM became popular cause of trance. And access virus is famous for that. Cause no hardware can actually have multiple saws all at once in one instrument. For example: Minimoog, very great for percussions and bell sounds. The filter is always amazing analog wise. While access virus makes it even better. The synth was also used in ridge racer video game. The lead is nostagic and still has the virus feel. Serum took it to a whole new level where sound designs you can minick almost anything at the slightest. But it's not 100% analog. Virus is my most favorite. Virus snow I'm not too sure about. My favorite one of the virus is the distortion and the phase effects. Like how is it so extreme? It's like you don't need an extra plugin to reduce those high ends it really cute the mixes smoothly.
>>
>>55745220
Omnisphere is a 50 GBS like all the samples are just there. But what really amazes me is the bass lines and the lead like. From the plugin guru patch dnb kinda thing it was called freak Reese and I minick that in serum. It wasn't perfect but it was very very close to that patch. It was a challenge to minick sound designs from other instruments and see which one is better. Xfer records really did pull it off. Everything into editor plugins. My biggest disappointment though is lfotool. It's fine but It's more of a filter plugin than an actual fx plugin. My most favorite is air fx plugins the flanger and the phaser and they have a lot of character to that effect. It's strange though cause I tested it and they sound the same but filters in general for fx might have some delay feedback to it. I may have to do a comparison of that.
>>
File: Yes.png (6KB, 355x161px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.png
6KB, 355x161px
>>55744663
>>
>>55745516
>no hardware can actually have multiple saws all at once in one instrument
wtf am i reading
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.