[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get into programming? Assume that I know almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (234KB, 804x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 804x960px
How does one get into programming? Assume that I know almost nothing about computers (but I learned Dvorak and am a pretty fast typist)

Any links? Help plz
>>
File: 1469041595754.gif (2MB, 340x260px) Image search: [Google]
1469041595754.gif
2MB, 340x260px
>>55742598

Pick a language. Get a compiler or interpreter. Get a better editor. Play with it till you understand it some and can make your computer do some really stupid easy shit. Pick a project, something easy. Smash your head against the wall googling how to do shit for weeks. Finally get it to work. Nirvanna. Pick something else to do. Square one. Repeat until your beard/leg hair is longer than your head hair. You are now ascendant. Use excess hair to harness wind patterns and defy the illusion of gravity. Pass through sky directly into the heavens above. Tell god his OS and language choices are shit in person.
>>
>>55742669
Definitely will take this into consideration
>>
>How does one get into a field that requires critical thinking? Spoon-feed me plox! :3
>>
Get a good textbook, do ALL the exercises, and then refuse to be intimidated when things stubbornly refuse to work with only the vaguest of impenetrable hints as to why,
>>
>>55742934
I know it feels like I want you to spoon feed me but could you recommend me one? Maybe a text book you used?
>>
>>55742888
>critical thinking
Holy hell, it's been a long time since I've heard that phrase... so, you're... 15? 16?
>>
>>55742970
I'm a great fan of http://greenteapress.com/wp/think-python/ . Conveniently, it's free.

And now I'm off to bed, so good luck.
>>
>>55742598
google
>>
>>55743005
Thank you anon!!
>>
>>55742972
Quite possibly older than you, actually.

Critical thinking is a term which applies to many programming problems which arise because of the programmer, because you're required to be critical of your own work in order to fix it.
>>
>>55743584
implying that using basic logic makes you feel entitled to something more when in fact ur living in a profession of low skilled people
>>
>>55742598
>typist
i think dvorak fucked you up
>>
>>55743606
Programming is not a core part of my profession, and I don't know what you're referring to when you mention entitlement.
>>
File: program21days.png (152KB, 744x638px) Image search: [Google]
program21days.png
152KB, 744x638px
>>55742598
You have to read every textbook here:
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering

And then you're a beginner programmer
>>
>>55742669
Fuzzkin glorious. Underrated post
>>
>>55743650
>Programming is not a core part of my profession
of-course it isn't when you're underage
>>
>>55743782
>"Don't agree with me?! Underage!!"
I won't assume you're underage yourself, because that attitude where you still feel self-conscious about how fellow adults perceive you is fairly typical in early adulthood.

At a certain point in your mid-20s, you stop giving a shit though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.