[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coding in windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5687-1024x682.jpg (176KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5687-1024x682.jpg
176KB, 1024x682px
I was told by our local informatician to install linux because I will need to do some scripting.

But... why?

Is it possible to just code on windows?
>>
>>55731441
Linux is trash. Arch is the bottom of the trash can and ubuntu is the trash can cover. From cover to bottom are all the versions of linux.
>>
>>55731441
The cli makes scripting really comfy.

>>55731471
Don't listen to this bigot.
>>
>>55731688
I heard something about the linux stuff (sorry for my normie language) being introduced to powershell.

will that change anything?
>>
>>55731695
You can do some basic scripting und windows (aka power shell, batch) but this is shitty working. If you want to stay under windows, just install Python and you should be fine. Python is easy to learn and has some good scripting capabilities. Don't listen to these guys with Python is a meme language. Under GNU/Linux you get a lot more possibilities aka bash Perl and they are a lot easier to use. Also the environment you are coding and working with is a lot friendlier than the windows desktop. You can make shortcuts for everything and a cli program is many times faster than a GUI counterpart. But new things mean learning and you should be open for that anyway
>>
>>55731695
I think it really awesome. Look up "bash for windows" or something if you are interested.

Also yes, is perfectly okay to code on windows.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.