[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why there can't be 3rd relevant player in GPU and CPU markets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 14567-feels-bad-man--sad-frog.jpg (39KB, 650x475px) Image search: [Google]
14567-feels-bad-man--sad-frog.jpg
39KB, 650x475px
Why there can't be 3rd relevant player in GPU and CPU markets? Would be awesome if we had 3 companies to choose from.
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>>/reddit/
>>
There's barely room for two. It's just one of those areas so difficult and expensive that competition can't arise easily.
>>
>>55730107
Even in 90's there was room for many.
>>
There's via..

Matroxx is still around.

There are 3rd players. But YOU don't buy their shit so they have limited RnD funds and thus cannot stay competitive.

If you want them to succeed BUY THIER SHIT.
>>
>intel
>amd
>nvidia

there are 3 gpu companies
>>
>>55730107
Barrier for entry is high like you say and one does not simply enter the lair of Nvidia.
AMD may have temporarily ruined Radeon by buying ATI because tech mergers always seem to hurt consumers. When the laws for regulations and monopoly mergers went out the window in the 90s, the path was clear for the there can be only one market of tomorrow.
But yeah... Diamond, fucking matroxx holy shit from the days of mainstream quadro gpus... 3dfx...
>>
>>55730089
Just 20 years ago there were a wide variety of companies to choose from, it's simply survival of the fittest, and whoever couldn't keep up was either bought or bankrupt until it whittled down to the few we have now. If it could have gone any other way, it probably would have.
>>
>>55730089
intel

best performance on linux

their newest gpus are on the level of gtx 760
>>
I suspect that CPU/GPU development needs so much brain power that the top companies snatch the best people with the highest salaries.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.