[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Mr. Robot /g/ approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: mr-robot.jpg (80KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot.jpg
80KB, 600x549px
is Mr. Robot /g/ approved?
>>
>>55726825

yeah if you like cringey acting and dialogue maybe

as far as portrayal of technology goes it appeal to the broadest niche audiences, if you have a clue you'll spot an awful lot of stuff that doesn't make sense
>>
SJW nonsense. Couldn't even finish the first episode. In other words, accurate representation of the tech industry.
>>
Cringey TV series.
>>
>>55726825
its a show to watch when nothing else is available. the technology takes a backseat to the drama of typical USA shows
>>
>>55726825
cringey show
second season has just reached inuman levels of pretentiousness
>>
I fucking love it. /g/ will always shit on it no matter how bad or good it is.
>>
It's entertaining, the characters are well done but the story is nothing new. As far as tech goes it does really well, even if it does handwave a few things for dramatic reasons. Even then it's pretty top when it comes to portraying computers in television.
>>
No
At first I thought maybe it would be cool, but it's very pretentious and teen angst like which is kind of annoying.
I think the idea of erasing debt could make for a cool show but I don't think this show is going about it very well to the potential of that concept.
>>
>>55726825
fck yea its really nice , and yea you can spot 1 or 2 things that make you laught but it would be bored if everething were like real life, cmon man just enjoy it, at least its better than fcking kids hacking in a 3d cube or some shit
>>
>>55726825
Reddit: The TV Show now that community's finished
>>
TV is for normal people.
>>
>>55726825
something not anime isn't /g/ approved
>>
if you gonna watch like : oh man im the big IT shit and im gonna see what this shit is and point out whats wrong ... then you wont like it ...
>>
>>55726825
How many gibsons did Mr. Robot hack?
>>
>>55727318
no it's made by hipsters and that's enough reason to hate it without even watching it.
>>
>>55727363
so hardcore mr cool boy/girl/gay/alien
>>
>>55727046
How can you like it though? It's really poorly written.
>>
>>55727399
sure stephen king , bet you havent read a book in a while ...
>>
>>55726825
First season was enjoyable but so far second season has been shit, at this rate I probably won't watch it all the way through.
>>
>>55727379
you're making fun of me because I don't like your show lmao fuck off
>>
>>55727409
yea a mainstream writer .. maybe you know it
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (15KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
15KB, 480x270px
>>55726825
Eliot is even more of an autist than /g/. I liked the show but i hated episode 8-10.
>>
Even though it has some cringey moments it had me until that self-indulgent season finale.

In the second season it seems like they abandoned everything that made the show even remotely interesting.
>>
A lot of the stuff exploring the consequences of his intentions, and his mental issues seem to be gradually taking a backseat to the most inane type of SOL drama about other characters who are either not shown actually doing anything, or don't actually understand any of the things Elliot needs to do to accomplish his goals.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's pretentious because something it actually does seem to be doing is make the audience more aware that mental illnesses don't make your own life more interesting/fun, if anything they just give the person more to sigh at in exasperation.

Loved the first season, but the second has taken quite a departure and is more of characters fucking around than actually getting shit done. I liked the suspense, near misses, etc. but now nothing's actually happening.

I will watch one more episode to see if the charming black guy with the immaculate afro actually does anything. If he doesn't I'm dropping it. Not interested in watching another Gideon flail around aimlessly.
>>
>>55726825
Him talking with the black basket guy in s02e02 is literally me
>>
>>55726825
will you quit your viral advertising you fucking jews
>>
>>55726873
>>55726906
>OMGGG so cringey xD
found the teens
>>
>>55727419
did you figure it out yourself?
>>
It's like that we r legun shit but unironically

Also, I cringe at every episode title. At least in season one the filenames kind of made sense since they were video formats, but now it's shit like "s2.9.ep1chax0rs.tiff"
>>
>>55726825
I like it and have watched all the episodes to date, but I did cringe hard when that one guy who worked at E corp was like "ah yeah man is that GNOME???? I run KDE personally", but other than that I just try to pretend im normie and try to enjoy the show.
>>
>>55727462
what?
>>
>>55727399
Compared to what?
>>
>>55727492
Max headroom
>>
I really like it, especially for it's focus on mental illness. Plus, the director has been on point with music in season 2 so far.
>>
>>55727409
I could actually probably write something better than Mr. Robot considering it borrows heavily from films like Fight Club and American Psycho and the dialogue and story is so poor.

But hey, if you look it, good for you.

>>55727492
Do you want me to just list every show I've ever seen that's better than it, or what?
>>
normie serie
>>
>>55727502
>starting sentence with But
>dialogue and story is so poor
>if you look it
nice demonstration of your writing skills
>>
>>55727502
oh yeah just cuz he sees something that isnt real it is like fight club or any other movie... youre a genius my man, no1 thougt about it thats why we are ignorant people who like it
>>
>>55727539
I had expected you to compare writing a screenplay to anonymously posting on 4chan.
>>
>>55727555
good because its the same thing
>>
>>55727548
The fact Mr. Robot and he are the same person and "Where Is My Mind" plays in the first season and their hack is to erase the debt history of Americans didn't convince you that stuff was borrowed from Fight Club? Or did you just notice most of it?
>>
>>55727548
The fact Mr. Robot and he are the same person and "Where Is My Mind" plays in the first season and their hack is to erase the debt history of Americans didn't convince you that that stuff was borrowed from Fight Club? Or did you just not notice most of it?
>>
>>55727570
I'll give you the benefit of assuming you're only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>55727576
like i said... only you thougt about it
>>
>>55727603
But other people have pointed it out on /tv/?
>>
>>55726825

if any show was /g/ approved, it'd be this.

i have to say that while i do moderately enjoy the show, i can't help but think how much better it could be. they should have toned the schizo behavior down (gimmicky) and added tension by way of an antagonist group. all good shows have crazy tension, like the sopranos, the wire, breaking bad, death note (inb4 weeb, it's a good show).

it just feels like there are no consequences in the mr. robot world; as if challenging capitalism and established power would be so easy. because of this it feels like a nerd power fantasy. there's hardly any investment in characters [spoiler]gideon's murder[/spoiler] is a good example of a major event not stirring the pot at all. a HUGE event, the activation of their malware at the end of s1 just happens all of a sudden and we're supposed to accept that elliot was asleep during the whole thing. but we can see shit through all the other character's eyes.

on the other hand, i can see that i'm wrong, and there is just a very slow buildup as we mainly see things through elliot's eyes. BUT DAMN it's a tv show, it has to hook you week to week. i stopped watching around ep3 for the first season, until i finally saw it all a few weeks ago. i have almost no motivation to see ep3 this season because it feels like nothing is happening. game of thrones can be cheesy at times, but fuck, you'd always be on time for next week's episode.
>>
>>55727347
this is important. why are there no gibsons?
>>
>>55727603
If you look in the archive I posted immediately after the pilot that it was fight club and he had schizophrenia and he was mr robot.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.