[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this application such a faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Why is this application such a faggot
>>
File: png.png (100KB, 1708x944px) Image search: [Google]
png.png
100KB, 1708x944px
>>55724889
Pretty sure it's because it only shows I guess "applications" not "packages"? I'm pretty sure I'm saying it wrong but I think you get it?
>>
>>55724889

>he installed Linux to use Windows software

nigger what the fuck?
>>
>>55724889
Since you're dumb the application is doing what it needs to do. Install PlayonLinux
>>
Use a virtual machine instead. Near-native performance and works better than Wine.
>>
>>55725071
I have long suspected that this is literally the correct answer.

>>55724889
Can't quite tell at a glance what distro that is, but if it has it, install Synaptic. All the power of dpkg/rpm, none of the faggotry of that program, and wrapped in an extremely functional GUI.
>>
just install windows
>>
>>55725138
That's not necessarily true on either front, and a highly situational suggestion. Wine works a lot more often than people suspect, and PoL is actually a pretty good project for what items are supported.
>>
>>55725071
okay faggot i'm dumb
Search for wine in shitty linux app store and install playonlinux comes up. Go on 4chan and bitch and some shitlord says just install playonlinux because "ur dum huh huh." yea im dumb. fuck you.
>>
>>55725250
>literally too dumb to install WINE via the terminal
>Probably uses broken ubuntu/fedora
>Retarded package maintainers can't index WINE
>Blame on program
>"Fuck you"
kek
>>
>>55725282
Program to install applications doesn't list applications when you search for them by name. Somehow is user's fault ("you don't know how to install software on cli, you're probably using the wrong os, you blame the program for not doing what it's supposed to do"). Can't make connection between calling user dumb and getting told to fuck off.

This thread is not for you.
>>
>>55725442
>Doesn't know the advantage of installing WINE from the terminal
>Doesn't know how to read reply fully
Yeah, you are right, this thread is not for people that are not clinically retarded
>>
>>55725477
I read your shitty reply. The issue in this thread, which is my thread so it's about whatever the fuck I say it's about, is that the software installation program in this OS doesn't list software in the repository when you search for it by name. How do you feel about that? I think it's weird that it doesn't do that. I don't think it has anything to do with package maintainers for wine. Other application installation programs display wine when you search for it by name and offer to install it. Which is what they're supposed to do. My expectations of what the program is supposed to do are valid.
>>
>>55725058
I like space cadet pinball, what can I say
>>
>>55725046
Yes I think that it, but I think that's a poor, nonfunctional design choice.
>>
i installed playonline linux visa sudo apt-get, and now this shit is stuck on some windows font screen.. wtf
>>
>>55725819
pix or it didnt happen
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.