[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

windows 10 upgrade question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 63680.png (94KB, 650x750px) Image search: [Google]
63680.png
94KB, 650x750px
/g/ help me out here. I have a Windows 8 OEM license, and I'm about to build a new machine. If I install win8, activate, and upgrade to windows 10... will that windows 8.1 license still be valid for use on that machine if I change my mind about windows 10? Will it still activate (on the same motherboard it was originally activated on?
>>
>>55723708
Also if anyone has an Intel Mobo recommendation it would be appreciated. What I'm looking for:

The 3 important aspects of the mobo to me are:
1. Sound, ideally Realtec 1150 or some other premium audio. It's actually important for gaming as many earlier chipsets mess up positional audio in games. I'm done with discreet soundcards.

2. Ethernet - I'd like to go with an Intel gigabit chip this go around. My current board is a ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer with the Killer E2200 which was not well reviewed by people checking up on its performance. A big part of the reason I'm rebuilding is the random DPC latency spikes. I want to have the best small packet sorting performance possible and the first gen Killer chipset doesn't seem like a good candidate. If I have to the newer Killer chips like the E2400 seem to better.

3. DPC latency. The two things most affected by it are twitch FPS gaming and video playback. I cant watch a Twitch.tv stream without getting hiccups and I'm sick of it. I've done everything I can to diagnose the DPC stuff but the problem seems to be endemic to the board design/drivers available for my mobo.
>>
>>55723708
Have you tried to use the regular qualcom drivers like everyone suggests?
Asrock is using Intel nic's this generation if that helps any.
I guess you are buying 1151?
>>
>>55723769
hardocp tests for dpc, go find some reviews there
>>
>>55723708
I had z87 and z97 and hear my words
Buy fucking skylake
>>
>>55723708
>will that windows 8.1 license still be valid for use on that machine if I change my mind about windows 10?

yes till still be valid
>>
>>55724407
Yeah it didnt seem to help too much, the dpc stuff could be somewhere else.

Yeah I'll be going 1151
>>55724487
I've used z87 and z97 too, boy am I ready. They fixed those bugs at intel right? Last I heard people were waiting on a BIOS fix that might never fully cure it. I know it was a fringe case thing but I'd really rather not have bugs in my CPU if avoidable. I usually stick with a build for 3-5 years.
>>
>>55723769
If you don't mind Skylake, the ASRock Z170 gaming itx/ac

http://www.modders-inc.com/asrock-z170-gaming-itxac/7/
>>
>>55725175
I have that, its pretty nice.

>>55725111
The p95 issue has been fixed. Technically speaking, Sklake has half the bugs the Haswell generation has.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.