[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop on the Train

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: a03.png (439KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
a03.png
439KB, 600x401px
anyone has experience working on the laptop?
I'm thinking on buying an ultrabook so I can learn on the train, but it all hinges on it actually working out. It's a crowded train, but I can guarantee to get a seat most of the times.

I usually just read scripts on my smartphone, but when i make notes I have to cram out pen and paper and writing is slow and hard to write, read and edit. Also this way I could bring the ultrabook to work and study there too while making neat, quick notes. Since I study CS I could also do other things with the ultrabook. The train part is crucial since I spend 2h a day just commuting.

I cant find anything online, some input would be appreciated.

TL;DR laptop on crowded train for studing yes/no + experience
>>
I doubt you need to spend as much as an ultrabook costs for making notes and practicing coding.

Get one of the small Thinkpads or a similarly cheap netbook.
>>
>>55720714
dude found a few for 300-400 that's why im considering it in the first place
>>
File: e6410.jpg (142KB, 1315x1000px) Image search: [Google]
e6410.jpg
142KB, 1315x1000px
>>55720679
Programming during your train travel is viable if the length of the journey allows it. Preferably your ride takes at least 45 minutes or longer without interruptions, otherwise you're just not going to get into it.
If that checks out, just get yourself a laptop your comfortable with. Programming doesn't require you to have a beefy laptop, in fact I programmed a few of my tools on the train during one of my internships. My laptop? A toshiba NB200 netbook. These days I use a Dell Latitude E6410 though. The NB200's display didn't exactly prevent sun-glare.
>>
>>55720729
That's around double what you need to spend.
>>
>>55721119
do you have enough space? My train doesn't have a table.. did work with it on your lap?
>>
File: 1466377569050.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466377569050.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>55720679
you might also want to try one of the cheap convertibles with detachable screen. So that you have the option to go full tablet.

My personal experience has been that laptops with keyboard (even 12 inch x230) tend to be too big and unergonomic in crowded trains with two seat rows.
I always needed 4 seats + table in the middle to work comfortably and then only when my train journey was at least 30-40 min. If you are only 20 min on the train then getting comfy takes too long.
>>
>>55721479
trippy gif mate
but fuck man, i was so unsure because i never saw a comfy person with laptop on my train,
but i thought because they used big laptops..
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.