[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I have a Sim card on my phone with an unlimited data plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sim_cards-cropped.jpg (440KB, 1500x734px) Image search: [Google]
sim_cards-cropped.jpg
440KB, 1500x734px
If I have a Sim card on my phone with an unlimited data plan (Metropcs) can I put that same sim in a tablet or some other phone and use the data or do I need to register the device for the sim to work?

My question is does the sim operate on it's own and doesn't care what it's powering or is a sim card tied to a specific device?
>>
>>55720248
I dunno man, I've put my sim in a bunch of other devices and it works fine in all of them.
>>
>>55720248
SIMs are not device-bound, you won't have problems.
>>
>>55720248
your device might be sim bound however
>>
>>55720535
Usually they are operator-bound, which can be fixed with sim unlockers on android / nothing on ios / automatically by windows mobile
>>
The SIM doesn't care but sometimes phones do care.

For example if you buy a phone with a contract then (here in the UK at least) a lot of the time the phone will be locked to that network. As in, if you insert a SIM from a different network the phone won't take it. You can unlock the phone by phoning up your provider but they're jews and charge for the privilege.
>>
>>55720248
As long as the device has the GSM radios required, then yes, it will just work.
>>
>>55720248
For me I just bought a new phone outright and put my old sim in it and it worked fine so it must operate on its own.
>>
>>55721359
I'm on prepaid fyi
>>
>>55720248
if the sim has been reported stolen you can block the imei of the device you try it out in, that is why i never try out unknown sims.
>>
>>55720248
depends if you're an american or not
>lol superglue in the socket
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.