[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple spends $236 to make each iPhone 6s Plus device, which it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Apple-Money[1].jpg (63KB, 480x518px) Image search: [Google]
Apple-Money[1].jpg
63KB, 480x518px
Apple spends $236 to make each iPhone 6s Plus device, which it sells for over three times that value at $749.
>>
This is exactly why I have a Windows phone!
>>
but does it force you to buy it?
It is a free market, you can sell a brick for 1000 dollars, but good luck finding buyers.
>>
So don't buy one
>>
>>55715847
If apple sold them with their logo I'm pretty sure they'd be able to make bank.
>>
>>55715821
It's almost as if Apple was in the business of making money...
>>
>>55715868
/thread
>>
>>55715821
but but muh capitalism muh freemarket.
>>
>>55715821
This is how all businesses work though, That's why being a business owner is no different from being a thief, The only difference is the thief doesn't have a license to steal and cheat people.

All businesses work this way, They buy shit wholesale, Mark it up, Then sell it to you.

>but muh services
If a service is provided to you it is only a coincidence, The main goal is profit and nothing more.
>>
>>55715956
There's like 10 budget alternatives to apple. What are you even complaining about?
>>
>>55715821
can you give a source for this?
>>
Maybe if you retards were smart, and advocated for an anarcho-communist society like myself, this shit wouldn't happen, fucking idiots
>>
then a good chunk of the money goes to wages for the employee selling/manufacturing your phone, not to mention utilities like electricity. Everything to make a profit has to be marked by about %300 anon
>>
>Assumes only cost is material
>Not labour, marketing, designing, and profit
>>
>>55715821
It's the same for every fucking thing.
Do you think the moto G (which is praised here) cost more than 50$ to build ?

Do you think the gtx1080 Ti really cost 2 time the production costs of the gtx 1070 ?

Do you really think the car you drive (assuming you have a life out of your basment) costs more than 50% the price you paid for it ?

Same for your plastic chinkpad, your "gamer" mouse, your meme screen, your 200$ "masterrace" audio card, your razer headphones etc ....

The productions costs is a tiny part of a company spending. Especially apple which have a shit ton of research / patents + customer service + marketing + design.
If anything it just proves that Apple can create good devices for a low production cost.
>>
>>55715999
So? You're not being forced to buy it, it's not like when the government forces you to buy healthcare and shit.
>>
Yes, because there was no R&D involved in making it.
>>
File: Displeased.jpg (8KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
Displeased.jpg
8KB, 187x200px
>>55715858
The sad thing is this is true.
>>
>>55715999
Hey friend, I realize you've probably never received proper schooling. Don't worry though, it's not your fault, we don't have that here in the states or even Canada anymore. I'll help you out though.

In an educated exchange, the value of products or goods exchanged is always lower than the value of the product to the user. The purchaser of the product has decided that the value that product will add to their life is greater than the value of the currency exchanged for it. This is what we call a sound investment.

In this exchange, I have deemed the 2 minutes of my time required to educate an up-and-coming young lad a worthwhile price to pay for the future of humanity. I (and humanity) should gain more than 2 minutes of value. In the event that we don't, we can consider this investment a loss. Please don't ruin my investment.
>>
materials costs fails to factor in the billions spent on R&D, promotion and advertising and greed levels.

The effective costs of an iphone is usually double the value of parts alone.
>>
>>55716229
The only choice you have is
A. buy the stuff from another competing business
or
B. find out where the business is getting it's merch so cheap and then attempt to under cut them. This is also known as "Corporate espionage"
>>
>>55716282
something something Ad Hominem something something free market.

TL;DR
>>
>>55716273
Get your shit together, apple is not your god, you don't have to buy everything they sell.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 1000x1000px
>>55715821
Dessert last weekend is probably no more than $5 in ingredients, if even that much, yet they charged $15. wtf
>>
File: Expensive shit.png (38KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
Expensive shit.png
38KB, 578x712px
>>55715821
Says it all
>>
File: 1423835825340.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1423835825340.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>>55716178
>good chunk of the money goes to wages for the employee selling/manufacturing your phone
>>
Do you think they take a fistful of sand and squeeze really hard until an iPhone comes out?

They spend millions to design and develop the phone before it ever reaches production, then an assembly process needs to be created. Not to mention the cost of developing the operating system. The true cost is more than the raw materials.

This is true of any electronic device
>>
>>55716335
or.. it's R&D. It's almost like they're trying to make a profit... hmmm...
>>
>>55716393
>>55716458
Still doesn't justify a 210% markup.

Exspecially considering they are using chinese slaves and raw materials in mainland china are so abundant they might as well be worthless scrap.

That only leaves some RD, How many people does apple actually employ? How many are in R and D? If it's more than a hanful in R&D then i would be surprised, Anyway you slice it the numbers don't add up.
>>
>>55716458
That literally doesn't matter at all and samsung sell their phones at cost don't you know anything?
>>
>>55715821
lol you are crazy. making an iphone is like 5-10$.
pieces are cheap in china. it cost a lot cuz of publicity and rnd
>>
>>55716032
>10
More like hundreds

Smartphone industry is at a good place in terms of competition and prices. You can find cheap ass $60 android phone that can do 50% of things $700 other phones can do.
>>
>>55715821
And your point is?
There are plenty of other products with bigger margins.
>>
>>55716599
If you don't count R&D, advertising, or anything really, which OP didn't, all traditional software has a 100% profit margin.
>>
>>55716590
>Smartphone industry is at a good place in terms of competition

It's either an appliance like Apple product or Android spyware (or retarded barely relevant Windows spyware).
Not really a good place at all.
>>
>>55716553
Android phones come with pre-made CPU from some other company. Apple actually designs their processors to work perfectly with all the phones features.
>>
>>55716741
Good goy
>>
File: cheguevara___rms.jpg (46KB, 350x465px) Image search: [Google]
cheguevara___rms.jpg
46KB, 350x465px
>>55715999
>Underage commie edge lord detected

KYS
>>
>>55715821
Free market doing its job bitch. If you don't like it, go back to talking about communism while drinking coffee at Starbucks.
>>
>>55715999
I challenge you to try and run a retail business without significant markups from wholesale prices. I can tell you already that it won't work. Markups exist to cover costs other than the goods themselves.
>>
Why do /g/tards thin Apple is worst than any other brand?

They are LITERALLY all the same. ALL brands. Stop being autistic.
>>
>>55716903
this
>>
>>55716333
youre not paying for the food, you're paying for the place the musicians who play there, you're paying for the waitress/waiter you're paying for the cook and you're paying a little bit for the restauraunts profit
>>
>>55715847
>Freemarket
Freemarket to one man is debt slavery to another.
>>
>>55715868
>It's almost as if
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>55715999
Sup Marx
>>
>>55716903
No, some companies make products that don't treat their users like idiots
>>
>>55716335
>>55716475
Y'know I go on a watch forum, and I like a particular brand of watch that is cheap. My choice actually offends people who have paid thousands of dollars for theirs. All I need to do is hint that I prefer my cheap watch, and they literally lose their minds. It's like they have to tell me that my watch is shit, just to make them feel less cheated. I see this all the time - particularly amongst religious people who when challenged about facts like evolution etc, they get all upset. You see, deep down, people who are being lied to, know they are being lied to. But they are so far invested in the lie, they resort to anger.

Sad really. Applefags - I used to have an iMac, 2 iPads and an iPhone. I saw the light a few years ago now. You are paying way over the odds for your tech.
>>
I buy apple because I like how it looks :)
>>
Then don't buy it simple.
>>
intel cpu 6600k also cost $5
not counting cooler and box
it is just sand
>>
>>55715821
Is that materials + manufacturing + wages?
Don't forget R&D cost
Not a horrible markup actually. I don't like their software ecosystem so that's why i don't buy their products
>>
>>55717498
>6600k
>cooler included
back to >>>/v/
>>
>>55717574
damn you got me
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.