[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want learn how to hack but I have no idea how to start. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: mr.robot.jpg (62KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
mr.robot.jpg
62KB, 800x532px
I want learn how to hack but I have no idea how to start. How much do I need to know when it comes to programming? I need some advices anons.
>>
>>55714483
Well, first you could probably learn how to use the word "hack" correctly

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Hacker
>>
writeups by PF:
pastebin.com
/cRYvK4jb
and
/0SNSvyjJ
>>
>>55714483
You have no hope at all but if you do you might learn something from these:

www dropbox com/sh/wvhhukv513q39pr/AAB8VuMAE4JhgpQLVgpvJ05da/All%20Books%20(mediafire)?dl=0

Be sure to put the dots in.
>>
>>55714483
You should probably start by killing yourself
>>
>>55714483
First you need to install the OS you want to hack, to learn how to use it in order to hide your tracks after you hack one like it.
>>
Did anyone else notice that he went on 4chan in the first episode?
>>
>>55714563
Bullshit, really?
>>
>>55714504
Not op, but thanks a lot for the reading.
>>
File: Snapchat-2537718543510791252.jpg (140KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2537718543510791252.jpg
140KB, 480x800px
>>55714497
No, they're "niggers."
>>
>>55714483
Look for books online, torrent them. There are tons
>>
First you need an axe
>>
>>55714497
I'd like to point out that hackers hack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJSxOzrD1g
>>
>>55714483
The best path is probably to git gud at system administration, both *nix servers and corporate Windows domains. Web and mobile app programming are also good. Then you need to think critically about these things. Break your own systems.

At the same time, do the 101 learning to hack shit with Kali Linux and metasploit and vulnerable virtual machines from e.g. vulnhub/web for pentester. Having the deep understanding of a sysadmin/programmer will help you contextualise the hacking stuff and not just be a skiddie reliant on msfconsole & sqlmap.

Then you start learning lower level stuff so you can understand buffer overflows, memory corruption and proper fuzzing & exploit dev.
>>
>>55714497
I'd also like to point out that arguing that "hacker" doesn't mean someone who pwns boxen is like trying to argue that gay doesn't mean homosexual. Sure, the word might've meant something else 2600 years ago at some neckbeard model train mancave, but it doesn't mean it anymore.

Also:
>enjoys playful cleverness
Yeah because writing a new 0day sploit that jumps on trampolines like a fucking circus clown ain't clever. And neither is new breakthroughs in quantum physics.

Fuck you and you pretending to be a hacker just because you know how to write hello world in lisp.
>>
>>55714497
Also I'd like to point out that a "cracker" is a pussy white guy or, more likely a software pirate that _cracks_ warez.
>>
>>55715494
>>55715452
>>55715547
I'd like to point out that ugly code that relies on undefined or unspecified behaviour is referred to as "ugly hacks"
>>
>>55715561
And what's your point? Playful cleverness extends to the security field too.
>>
>>55714504
Whoaa, not OP, but this a fucking treasure trove of goodies. Thanks a lot anon.
>>
>>55715584
My point is that hacking definitively still refers to code and programming, way more than media thinks that it refers to injecting red code into green code
>>
>>55715561
Also, your argument is the same as you trying to explain that "fag" means a cigarette when your disappointed father calls you one.

Many words have multiple meanings, however, the most likely (or popular) meaning is the correct one. Google "hacker" and see whether it means "writing the game of life in some new hipster language".
>>
>>55715626
"fag" definitively means a cigarette in UK, and contrary to what vulgar Americans think, going out to smoke a fag does not mean to kill a homosexual.
>>
>>55715729
Not that guy but:
It's purely context based. In the UK I might say fag as in cigarette or I might call someone a fag as in just an insult.. Obviously someone saying hack on this technology board means the stereotypical version that's depicted by the media

Being pedantic on the internet is just embarrassing and is the trait of underages
>>
>>55714497
>People who break security are “crackers.”
That's racist
>>
>>55715864
>is the trait of underages
Don't forget autistic people
>>
i'm guessing you don't know jack shit about stuff, so go look for something called the supersecurebank. install it in a VM, then try to "break" it. if you need advice on what to look for, lookup the OWASP top 10. if you cant do this as a minimum, then just give up your pentesting dreams.
>>
File: hackerman.webm (1MB, 520x304px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.webm
1MB, 520x304px
>>55714483
>>
File: 1469221086179-g.jpg (206KB, 800x973px)
1469221086179-g.jpg
206KB, 800x973px
>>55714483
Install linux on a secondary computer and use the tab key in terminal. Learn programming. Learn hardware. Play with Kali.

Or just install gentoo.
>>
Should I start with footprinting?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.