[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMD Posts Strong Financial Results Following RX 480 Launch And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: original_contents_img2.jpg (47KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
original_contents_img2.jpg
47KB, 320x200px
AMD has released its Q2 fiscal year 2016 results and in a slightly shocking turn of events has actually managed to crawl into the black after years of losses. AMD’s revenue was $1.027 billion over the last three months, up 9% year on year and 23% from the last quarter.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/20871/amd-posts-strong-financial-results-following-rx-480-launch-and-bumper-console-sales
>>
what just happened? i refreshed the thread and now the posts are missing
>>
>giving a shit about corporation's finances
the amdrone shills are real
>>>/biz/
>>
>>55708710
Congrats Amada-chan!
>>
Jim Keller will make Amada real
Keller/Raja 2016
>>
File: AMADEAD.png (1MB, 1402x921px) Image search: [Google]
AMADEAD.png
1MB, 1402x921px
>>55708710
You are already dead.
>>
File: 1469148968173.jpg (131KB, 522x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469148968173.jpg
131KB, 522x700px
I love you Amada-chan!!!
>>
I thought AMD going to bankrupt. /g/ was wrong all the time
>>
AMD stock is at $5 a share last i checked, should I buy?
>>
>>55708710
YEAR OF AMD, ZEN WILL BE A MASSIVE SUCCESS THANKS TO THE INFLUX OF MONEY TO ACTUALLY HIRE ENGINEERS.
>>
File: AMD 1 year stock.png (23KB, 651x475px) Image search: [Google]
AMD 1 year stock.png
23KB, 651x475px
>>55709986
You missed your chance to quadruple your money
>>
>>55708710
AMD is pathetic, they're relying on weaboos just to minimise losses.
>>
>>55710007
I put 1k in at 3.67, cause I had to wait to get my account activated (was trying to put in at 2.6 or so). I wish I had 100k to put into it. Being poor sucks.
>>
Gj mr amd
>>
>>55710073
All I want is to buy 1 stock, but it seems that's incredibly hard to do
>>
>>55710107
What do you mean 1 stock? One share? It's not hard to do.
>>
>>55710137
>It's not hard to do.
Any website I go to seems to want a minimum purchase amount
>>
M-maybe freedom isn't that important when Amada-chan is so cute.
>>
>>55710149
Yeah, most charge commission for buying and selling. Cost me 10 bucks to buy and sell. How much money do you have?
>>
>>55710209
I keep $100 minimum in my bank account, really not interested in playing the stock market, literally just want one share of AMD just because
>>
>>55710222
Why?
>>
>>55710299
so he can say he owns a part of AMD
>>
>>55708710
That'sgood news.
We need competition
>>
>>55710339
That's not how that works. Am I being trolled?
>>
>>55709948
it's been nvidia shilling literally this entire time

95% chance any anti-AMD thread on the front page of /g/ has been started by nvidia's PR team/hired out advertising contractors.
>>
>>55710350
And you'll be getting it. The 480 is selling like crazy and it's not going to change when the 490 launches, either.

And Zen is coming out within a few months.
>>
>>55710396
Zen Q1 2017 for consumer purchase
>>
>>55710367
How do we now that you're not just a pajeet shill yourself? AMD needs shilling far more desperately than Nvidia.
>>
where has all the pajeet posting gone?
>>
>>55709854
>worse than a 970
>350 dollaroos
Only an nvidiot can fall for such a blatant scam.
>>
>>55710432
I just genuinely believe AMD's the better option this generation in the GPU market.

Remains to be seen for CPU's, but Intel's also been sitting on their ass for awhile now.

The 480's pretty easy to sum up:
- lower price than the 1060
- comparable dx11 performance
- significantly better vulkan/dx12 performance
- likely to further improve both dx11 and vulkan/dx12 performance over the next year
- likely to drop another $50 in price within the next few months
- has actual crossfire support, which also gets a boost from vulkan/dx12

Cheaper, similar speed, better support for other tech, futureproofed as much as a mid-tier card could be. There really isn't any reason to buy a 1060, and I think there's going to be a lot of buyers remorse from people who did buy one, once the initial mass nvidia shilling has worn off and it becomes more and more clear just how big the 480 advantages are.
>>
>>55710553
You still sound like a major shill, m8.
>- comparable dx11 performance
no, it's better in dx11
>- significantly better vulkan/dx12 performance
>''significantly''
The rest is just typical AMD assumptions and the usual waiting game. The 1060 essentially over the same performance, at essentially the same price. The differene is that right now it is the better performer. Whether that is going to change in the future is up to AMD and considering that they've been a disappointment for the past decade, I wouldn't make my hope up too high.
>>
>>55708710
The sad fact is that AMD cannot afford to hire shills. Yet.
>>
>>55708710
>strong financial results
>lost money
the straws are grasped
>>
>>55710660
revenue is more important than profits, dumb nigger
>>
>>55710611
It's a 5-10% difference in favor of the 1060, give or take, and within a year that'll be a 5-10% difference in favor of the 480, like happens with every other AMD card.

The only reason to buy a 1060 right now, is if you need 6 months of 5% better performance in dx11 games and don't give a shit about SLI or vulkan/dx12 performance and/or intend to buy a new graphics card within the year.

Basically, it is exactly the opposite thing that budget-oriented customers should want to buy. It'll be outdated overnight, even in computer upgrade terms, and its competitor is flat out cheaper.

The only thing nvidia has going for them this generation is stealth marketing and corruption. It won't help them though. They need to put out GPU's capable of competing in vulkan/dx12 and that's going to require a lot of hardware development that nvidia poo-poo'd away in order to enhance their dx11 performance.

I honestly don't think they'll get their shit together - AMD has had over 5 years to work out the kinks in GCN and get their hardware working with async. Nvidia scrapped all of that tech years ago to focus entirely on dx11 performance, and now they dug themselves into a hole.

AMD now has:
- 480 competing very well on price/performance and with high margins
- APU tech coming soon for desktop
- 490 to compete with 1070/80 and likely to do very well there
- 5 years of GCN and API development lead over nvidia
- Console hardware market
- A huge selection of developers who will be working on and developing towards vulkan/dx12 support in their games
- API's which work across consoles, PC's, and even phones
- Swiftly improving linux support

Nvidia has:
- Paid internet trolls
- Larger marketing budget
- A dx11 performance lead that is quickly losing relevance

It's hard not to be an AMD fanboy this gen: Nvidia continue to act like complete dicks, fucking over their own customers, while sitting on their asses instead of innovating like AMD has. Well-fucking played, AMD.
>>
File: 1252464714545.jpg (26KB, 252x346px) Image search: [Google]
1252464714545.jpg
26KB, 252x346px
>>55710823
>wishful thinking: the post
>>
>>55710823
You are very heavily biased towards AMD. You make lots of assumptions based on how you feel about nvidia and not on facts.
Literally half your post is ''if'' and ''when''.
>>
>>55710858
I guess we'll just have to wait and see :^)
>>
>>55710552
>literally a 980 on most games
>better than a 970 on all of them
>$250
damn...
>>
>>55709860
amada without fang is 10/10
>>
Amada will make AMD great again
>>
>have a 970
>cannot max out games on 1080p anymore
>don't want to pay 449 to do that

I hope the 490 is priced around 350
>>
>>55710823
Also NVIDIA has good Linux drivers(the proprietary ones)
>>
>>55708710

>60 million $ loss

yet AMD shills still try to spin this as a positive thing.
>>
>>55710357
Its how it works, you own part of the equity of the Company, its insignificant since its 1 share only but you are ever so slighrly a part owner of AMD.
>>
>>55708710
480 is not in report yet, and chinese deal is not in either
will see q3/q4 what's what
>>
>>55712244

If they take even a small part of Intel's market share with Zen, that's huge. A big part of why I consider AMD to be a relative bargain even at these prices. But if the prices keep going up at this pace, it'll be too expensive by the end of the year.

I half-seriously speculated that perhaps Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway would buy AMD outright, because of its relationship IBM and Apple which are BRK's big investments. And also because AMD has an enormous "moat" due to its deals with MSFT, Sony, Nintendo, Apple.
>>
>when you take your AMD stock earnings and go buy Nvidia
>>
>>55712784
>Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway would buy AMD outright
x86 license is not trafsferable retard
>>
>>55710823
>>55710553
Its abit one sided. Still, he speaks the truth. During the last years nvidia lost more and more of its "charm". I was pro-green once, but will most likely never buy any product of these bastards again, after all the shit they pulled off.
>>
AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT
>>
Let's face it, anyone with any brains is waiting for Nvidia to release a card with hardware async because Nvidia will invariably do async better than AMD.
>>
>>55710553
>- lower price than the 1060
No. Stop this meme. Everywhere, except US shop AMD is more expensive by 10%.

>- comparable dx11 performance
Not even close.

>- significantly better vulkan/dx12 performance
>- likely to further improve both dx11 and vulkan/dx12 performance over the next year
Might be true.

>- likely to drop another $50 in price within the next few months
Nope, they just keep getting more expensive.

>- has actual crossfire support, which also gets a boost from vulkan/dx12
Why needs to crossfire midrange cards, when you can just buy high-end?
>>
File: 1463335496288.gif (3MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
1463335496288.gif
3MB, 320x181px
>>55708710
>mfw it took amd 10 years to turn it AROUND
ITS HAPPENING
>>
>>55712874

AMD would be a subsidiary of BRK, working just as it has before, without any major organizational restructing warranting expiration of patent.

Also, the worst thing ever to happen to Intel would be for AMD to lose its patent. That would instantly put it in the path towards being broken up by courts due to monopoly.

That means, were AMD to be bought, Intel would be forced to sign a new patent lease. If it refused, it would be chopped up into pieces within a few years.
>>
>>55709854
>preforms ok in old games
>gets trashed in new ones
>industry currently transitioning to next generation

nvidia better get their shit together with HBM cards. these 10xx cards are obsolete out of the box.
>>
>>55712874
It will be. AMD64 license is a thing and Intel uses it.

Basically AMD wouldn't be able to make x86 and Intel wouldn't be able to make x86-64. The x86 license is just another way to hold AMD by the balls, but if someone big and rich bought AMD and threatened to flood the market with ARM or other architectures, Intel would comply.
>>
>a good year for AMD is literally a year when they actually make a profit

don't know whether to laugh or cry fa.m
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.