[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one do you like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: emacs_vs_vim.jpg (82KB, 569x400px) Image search: [Google]
emacs_vs_vim.jpg
82KB, 569x400px
Which one do you like?
>>
>>55703668
Both emacs with evil mode
>>
Emacs is nice, but for me it's only usable as a text editor with evil-mode.
>>
vim. but if i could go back in time like 5 years i would redirect my autism to emacs desu
>>
>>55703825
First post best post. Emacs with evil mod is god tier. Once emacs gets the webkit browser in emacs 25, I can fully use emacs as an operating system.
>>
>>55703668
How do I install spacemacs on Windows 8.1?
>>
>>55703893
Install a real OS first faggot.
>>
>>55703825
What is Emacs' appeal vs traditional tools combined with vim?
>>
>>55703668
The one to the left because the right looks like GTA V and GTA V promotes rape culture and violence.
>>
>>55704019
Emacs is extraordinarily extendable. You don't need to learn emacs + an IDE, emacs is both a text editor and IDE plus a shit load of additional stuff it can do. I would rather learn emacs and learn it well than have to learn vim + an IDE.
>>
>>55703898
Windows is a real os nigglet. I blocked every ip on Windows of ads. No more spam calls thank god.
>>
>>55704053
I said it in a rude way but if you're trying to do development or anything cool outside of making Windows games, you really should just use Linux. A lot of vim/emacs power comes from being able to interact with the shell.

And then Visual Studio is a fine IDE.
>>
>>55704094
It's very better I heard so.
>>
Sublime text
>>
>>55704042
Not him, but I don't like the mode switching thing with vi/vim. I love how I can C-x C-f a file, and it will switch to a mode to make editing it a breeze. I never scratched the surface of vim though, but I may be too far gone to learn it now.
>>
I don't know why Vim even still exists when you can get the only good part easily with evil.
>>
Atom ... ...

More seriously, i prefer vim because it's may more minimalistic compared to emacs
>>
>>55704365
vim is good as just an editor which you can open from your shell and not have to keep running as a daemon.
>>
>>55703668
Vimfag here, I really tried emacs, but everything is so confusing. On Vim I had vimtutor and after 10 minutes I knew the basics, but on emacs I'm pretty lost.
>>
>>55703668
Emacs evil for huge project, NeoVim for files.
Projectile is quite useful to me.
>>
>>55704459
Give spaceamcs a try, it might change your mind with great setups
>>
>>55704365
>>55704432
it also makes more sense to combine it with tmux
>>
>>55704459
Emacs is notorious for having quite a steep learning curve that's great once you get the hang of it. But like anon here said >>55704516 give spacemacs a try. It comes with evil by default and since you're already good with vim, you'll instantly get spacemacs.
>>
>>55703668
atom :3
>>
>>55704545
No it doesn't unless you are working on a remote machine. There is no reason to use tmux on your local machine under normal circumstances. Just use multiple windows of multiple terminals.
>>
>>55704546
>>55704516
Thanks guys.
>>
>>55704838
yes it does, it's like having an IDE in a single window
>>
>>55705312
Your window manager can arrange windows however you like to do exactly the same thing as tmux, except it will have nicer keybindings and will allow you to arrange any kind of window amongst your terminals.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.