[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General: Note7 Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 48

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:

Note7 official renders surface, preorders start in Dubai
http://www.gsmarena.com/official_samsung_galaxy_note7_renders_surface_preorders_kick_off_in_dubai-news-19549.php

Galaxy Note7 to be the first to debut with Gorilla Glass 5
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Gorilla-Glass-5-to-debut-on-the-Galaxy-Note-7-the-Apple-iPhone-7-may-follow_id83434

Samsung Galaxy Note7 leaks in gold, 3500mAh battery rumored
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Latest-leak-shows-renders-of-gold-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-battery-tipped-to-be-3500mAh-cell_id83426

Samsung Galaxy Note7 iris scanner feature demoed on video
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7_iris_scanner_feature_demoed_on_video-news-19535.php

Moto Z Droids and Moto Mods now up for pre-order exclusively on Verizon
http://www.gsmarena.com/moto_z_droids_and_moto_mods_now_up_for_preorder_exclusively_on_verizon-news-19534.php

Exclusive: Oppo F1s to feature 16MP selfie camera, fingerprint scanner
http://www.gsmarena.com/exclusive_oppo_f1s_to_feature_16mp_selfie_camera_fingerprint_scanner-news-19531.php

Flat and curved Samsung Galaxy Note7 units detailed in new leaks
http://www.gsmarena.com/flat_and_curved_samsung_galaxy_note7_units_detailed_in_new_leaks-news-19530.php
>>
>>55698591
Just got my Oppo R7s a week ago, installed the stock android rom from the Oppo site and it runs pretty well, only let down is the rear camera, feel welcome to ask me any questions about the phone /g/.
>>
Will i be able to read books well on a 5.5" phone
>>
Should I get a note 7 to replace my s7?
>>
>>55698630
Yeah, my phone is 5.5 inches and I can read books ok if I have the font large enough, its good for when I'm on the train or waiting out lunch at work but I still prefer my ipad for when I'm at home as the larger screen is comfier.
>>
Is the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 worth it for the projector? I know it's a fucking gimmick, but it's a cool gimmick nonetheless. Thoughts?
>>
>>55698647
Which should I buy:
Galaxy S5
Xperia M4 Aqua
LG Stylus DAB+
LG G4
Nexus 6P (my current pick)
Huewai P9
>>
>>55698670
Out of those, the 6P is the best.
>>
>>55698670
>S5,
I had one, decent but touchwiz was a pain
>Xperia m4 Aqua
Decent as cheaper phone however specs aren't as strong as nexus 6p/lg g4
>Lg stylus
no idea
>G4
used one for a few hours, seemed ok but back buttons are a bit annoying
>Nexus 6p
Can't go wrong with this, stock android and decent specs make it one of the best in your list.
>Huawei P9
had a couple huawei and they were shitty, this model might not be but the ones I had have permanently put me off buying another huawei
>>
File: note7colors.png (2MB, 1617x1699px) Image search: [Google]
note7colors.png
2MB, 1617x1699px
Planning on buying a Note7 when it comes out. Since all my phones so far have been black I decided not to get one this time. Which color should I pick, /g/?
>>
>>55698750
Silver
>>
>>55698738
6p is made by huawei anon
>>
>>55698750
I'm trying to decide between gold and silver. Everyone else will undoubtedly pick gold so I might go silver. The blue looks good but the more traditional colors are easier to match with cases.
>>
I just found someone selling a second hand xiaomi redmi note 3 pro 3GB/32GB version that has a cracked screen but is otherwise fine. I have seen you can get replacement screens for like $30 on aliexpress, is it pretty easy to replace? im pretty good with taking apart laptops and shit so i figure i would be alright with a phone as well.

I am/was right about to buy one of these phones for myself and i figured if i could fix this one i would either keep it if its in really good condition or fix it then sell it for a profit to pay for a brand new one. Has anyone else tried this and can they advise as to whether this is a good idea.

Cheers
>>
>>55698803
Under the watchful eye of google. That's why the Galaxy Nexus was so awesome despite the GS3 being a total pile of shit.
>>
File: 1468673799135.jpg (3MB, 2628x3772px) Image search: [Google]
1468673799135.jpg
3MB, 2628x3772px
Reposting

Would it be a bad idea to get an Amazon sponsored R1 HD or Moto G4 as a travel phone? Nobody seems to be able to answer on Amazon Questions how much data the ads eat up
>>
Does ASUS have any decent phones?
>>
Country: Lithuania. I need a phone with fast cpu, decent camera. 720p screen would do. dont care about battery life as much, since id probably carry around powerbank most of the time anyway. any suggestions?
>>
>>55698750
gold looks pretty nice irl
>>
>>55698986
None at the moment.
>>
File: 175.gif (2KB, 158x269px) Image search: [Google]
175.gif
2KB, 158x269px
You boys think the Note 7 will be hot shit? The specs look pretty nice, first phone I've seen with USB Type C and water resistance, which is pretty cool.

The small capacity battery worries me. What's the point of buying a phablet if the battery is just the same as on a regular flagship phone?

Also, what is this shit that it'll ship with Android Nougat? Isn't the Nexus always the first phone t o ship with a new version of Android?
>>
>>55699134
It's the only phone line out there with Wacom tech, great for drawfags. I regret getting my 6s Plus, 3D Touch is just barely manageable for sketching.
>>
>>55699156

Why not just get a flagship and spend the price difference on a Wacom tablet? You can get a pretty good Intuos for 100 buckaroos desu
>>
>>55698750
Gold is amazing.
>>
>>55699134
>nougat
I assume it'll launch with marshmallow and get nougat sometime in January or so.
>>
>>55699185
You can't put an Intuos and Laptop in your pocket.
Also while the Note looks small for drawing, thanks to being digital, you got an infinitely large page size for drawings. Definitely beats the shit out of carrying a notepad and pencil everywhere in my pocket.

This thing is more for those spontaneous ideas you get so you can quickly get it down, then later finish them off on a real tablet at home/work. That's why my 6s although being capacitive garbage is still a bit manageable.

Very niche though, if you don't draw very often then any other flagship would do.
>>
>>55699134
why not get the nexus 6P
>nougat beta already
>3450 battery and stock google android isnt a hog
>USB Type C for sanic charging if you can bear having to buy new adapters
only thing it isn't is waterproof/resistant.
>>
File: tumblr_njvt2fU27z1u1eakso1_400.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njvt2fU27z1u1eakso1_400.png
36KB, 268x237px
>>55699134
>using samsung batteries
>not changing them with quality ones
Hah.
>B-BUT.. MUH WATER RESISTENCY...
Shut up. You are on /g/. We don't go outside.
>>
>>55699134
but the battery is bigger than most flagships
>>55699251
his a drawfag
>>
>>55699251

I'm not really into the whole phablet thing, more comfortable in the 5" to 5.5" range. Just interested in it, is all.

>>55699261

What's your point?
>>
Who /waitingforthegoddamnnewnexusline/ here ?
>>
>>55698670
6P would be good for everything but
G4 has better cameras
>>
>>55699358
Main problem with 6P is the lack of stabilization

the dual camera huewai p9 looked interesting,
>>
>>55699382
The cameras on the P9 are nice, but after having a go with them I still preferred my G4.
>>
>>55698634
I think yes as the Note series usually last longer in terms in internals and performance
>>
I'm in a "escape the botnet" phase.

My goal is to use an opensource ROM on a smartphone.

Which model is recommended if I want to do so whilst having enough documentation / support from a community to do basic trouble shooting?

Is it recommended to get such a smartphone from the second hand market? Can I get in trouble because of the previous owner's fault?
>>
>>55699396
tfw girlfriends G4 would overheat and turn off as well as randomly lockscreen or not respond, had to pay out the contract and get a new phone, eventually it stopped turning on

I never understood the hype about smartphone cameras, is it always having a high res camera in your pocket? Why not buy a real camera for a similar price?
>>
Who here Galaxy Note 4?
>>
Is buying a tablet running windows 8 a bad idea?
I'm considering Lenovo Yoga 2.
>>
why doesn't f-droid have screenshots?
>>
>>55699689
I had the HP Stream 7 which was pretty damn decent for a $99 Windows Tablet.
I reckon stick with Surface for the best usability. iPad for web browsing. Avoid Android unless you like to torture yourself.
>>
>>55699689
Not really. Windows 8 is actually pretty decent on tablets and such. It just sucks for desktops.
>>
File: blackberry-priv-review-02233.jpg (47KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-priv-review-02233.jpg
47KB, 770x433px
So /g/, I'm getting tired of my Galaxy S3. It's balls slow with the latest version of CM, it's on the second battery which is now starting to degrade, and it's overheating all the time.

I've been missing my physical keyboard ever aince giving up my Blackberry Bold in 2013. I kind of want to go back to BB but I don't want to lose the Android application selection. So how is the Priv? I can get one through my company for $200 and I get my physical keys back. Battery life also seems better than other flagships, and the Android version loaded on this phone is pretty close to stock. Also as a Canuck who lives half an hour from Waterloo, I feel obligated to root for the home team. Is there anything bad I should be aware of?

>>55699489
It's mostly convenience, I think. Lugging around a DSLR everywhere is very cumbersome, so if you want to capture life's spontaneous little moments and you want to do it well, a phone camera is pretty handy.
>>
>>55699251
>unreliable build quality
>battery wasting sd810
Those are the reasons I don't own one. Thankfully, phones like op3 released this year look promising.
>>
File: windows-phone-logo-topic.png (41KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
windows-phone-logo-topic.png
41KB, 800x799px
So I'm using Lumia 635 with WP 8.1 and I've noticed a massive difference in battery drainage when WLAN&GPS are on/off. Is there a way to verify their battery usage? I can only find battery usage by specific software but they're all >1%.

It's weird because I don't use my phone too much and basically have no apps running most of the time, and without gps/wlan battery has 90%+ left after 16 hours or so but with those mechanics on it's already at 75% after 12 hours even if no app were using them.

tl;dr does wlan and/or gps actually drain so much battery life even if the phone is idling without any apps on, and is there a way to verify this?
>>
>>55699908
Battery life is mediocre and it gets warm. Also, there is no root/custom roms for it as it is locked tight. But at $200, it's totally worth it.
>>
File: Moto-G-2013.jpg (840KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Moto-G-2013.jpg
840KB, 1920x1280px
So /g/ I've been using a Moto G1 since release in 2013 and I finally got the money to change and been thinking of getting a G4 plus(32GB and 2GB of ram) so what should I expect and any other recommendations for phones in the same price range ? (Pic kinda related)
>>
>>55700425
LG G3

The Lenovo G4 is a piece of shit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U31HSHO
>>
I bought a 950xl back in December should I hope for Nokia's new phones to be good just like the old 1020 and what not even if they are android?
I like Windows 10 format and I have tried to use a SG3 with windows launcher.

I'm not sure where I stand on this I guess. I'm looking for reccs for new phones as long as they can match the camera and the battery of the 950 xl I currently own. I don't hate my phone right now but I'm not sure about the future especially with nokia starting up again
>>
>>55700452
But here´s the thing the LG image is shit and here in Brazil there´s a big difference in price(almost 400 R$) but thanks for the reply and why the Moto g4 plus is shit ?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160722-112701.png (126KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160722-112701.png
126KB, 1080x1920px
Need advice, currently running in Darkobas Rom. Are there any alternative Roms with better Battery life and Performance?
>>
Samsung S7 or S7 Edge?

Apart from the bigger battery of the Edge?
I imagine those edges are rather annoying.

Also note: I am not getting one with Snapdragon, but with Exynos, way better for battery life and there is a way to root it.
>>
I currently have a Moto G 2014 (2 Gen).
My mom has an LG Optimus G (E977) but she wants a dual sim phone like mine. I know the G is better spec-wise (Better screen, 2GB of RAM, better camera) but how is ROM support for it?
Should i trade mine with her?
>>
>>55700562

Apparently the edges make it more comfortable to grip and it has some sort of grip sensors so you won't get erroneous taps.

Other than that, it's just the battery. Try going to a store and picking them both up and deciding which feels better.
The regular S7 is also cheaper.
>>
>>55700562
I got the regular s7 cause it's easier to hold, and comes in silver. (exynos variant) The edge seems gimmicky. It's not really worth the extra money I don't think.
>>
>>55700627
>>55700834

Which one has the better build quality?

Camera really the same?

I have read that sometimes you get a Sony sensor instead of the Samsung one.
>>
>>55699908
Supposedly blackberry are announcing new phones soon. Wait a bit and see.
>>
>>55700856
Identical build quality.

The cameras are both good.
>>
>>55700870
"new"
One of them's a rebadged Alcatel.
>>
LG G5 or V10?
>>
I just bought a xiaomi redmi note 3 pro 3GB/32GB and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a cheap but decent VR headset to use with it (just the plastic version of google cardboard type ones) or is there not much difference between them as long as its comfy and fits your phone?

Also i have never had an android phone before (only smartphone i have had/still have is a windows phone) so what should i expect and what should i do first when the phone arrives?
>>
>>55698591

Is is possible to unlock the Sony Xperia Z3V (Verizon) for use with GSM carriers? The unlocking policy at Verizon.com seems to suggest that their phones can be used with other networks.
>We do not lock our 4G LTE devices, and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier.
Z3V is a 4G LTE device, so it should work with other carriers, right?
>>
>>55700541
Motorola was bought out by Lenovo, so expect next to no future updates for your phone.

Have you looked into the Redmi Note 3 Pro? It gets talked a lot around here and seems to be the go-to budget conscious phone.

Dunno how prices fare in jajajaja land tho.
>>
I want to try AOSP. Is there a model of device that gets more support than others? (I have in mind like thinkpads for linux)
>>
File: 1428766194980.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1428766194980.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
Should I get the Moto G4 or the Huawei Honor 5x?
>>
Are there any other cheap budget phones looking at other than the Xiamoi Redmi Note 3 pro?
>>
Shit, I'm using a Blackberry Q10 and I don't really like it. Part of me wants to upgrade to the Priv to keep a physical keyboard while finally having access to Android functionality, but another part of me wants to look at something like the HTC 10 or the Samsung S7 (regular S7, not the Edge) and experience something outside of the Blackberry "world."

Any guidance?
>>
I want to make my purchase in the next few weeks, months
things I really want
the fastest phone at the moment, I do lots of multi tasking, I don't have a pc do my phone does everything at the moment, and my v10 really struggles to keep up
things would be nice, but not deal breakers
removable battery
SD card
>>
>>55702163
I used to be a hardware keyboard only guy, but after a few weeks with software based 'SwiftKey' I type even faster. it's worth really looking into. it doesn't come pre-installed but it's a popular keyboard replacement for Android. i can't help on the phone side thing of things, it's all preference, I usually stick with nexus devices as they are just stock Android without the extra bloat
>>
Should I buy an LG K10?
Will it get Cyanogenmod support?
Who is "moot"?
>>
File: bg-tech-specs-right-desktop.png (411KB, 478x680px) Image search: [Google]
bg-tech-specs-right-desktop.png
411KB, 478x680px
Is the v10 worth it or should I get something else?. Mostly looking for something with good battery life.
>>
Will the Redmi Note 3 Pro work in the UK for 3G and 4G?
>>
File: Galaxy7_Silver_Front.jpg (677KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy7_Silver_Front.jpg
677KB, 3000x2000px
What are the first things I should do with this?
>>
>>55702431
Install nova launcher
>>
>>55700156
The $200 price is also locked to Bell (aka one of the evil wireless carriers in Canada). Unlocked it's about $475 off eBay. Is it worth the extra $275 (less taxes) to get it unlocked or should I just not care?
>>
>>55702506
Bell will unlock it for 50 bucks, same as other carriers. After 90 days. Bell has the best coverage in the country and the fastest LTE speeds. Their prices are identical to the other big 2. Rogers is the worst carrier, avoid them. Bell and Telus are both fine.
>>
Whats a good phone for like under $150?
>>
S7, OP3 or 6P?
>>
ask a guy who just got his note 5 blacklisted imei changed anything
>>
>>55702571
How much did you pay
>>
>>55700922
G5
>>
>>55698958

G4 is far better. I'm not going to answer the ad question because you should simply run the rootjunkies tool after you get it to completely remove the ads from the phone.
>>
>>55702570
S7
>>
>>55702571
how big is your cock?
>>
>>55700425

The other person responding to you is a fucking mouthbreathing retard. Lenovo has published updates just fine for their new devices. Get the G4, it's a terrific phone. I have been purchasing them for my family and they've been very well received.
>>
>>55702431
>Package Disabler Pro
Use it to disable all boat with one button, go in depth later if you feel. Good to also remove any applications you don't want.

>Disable add icon to home screen in Google Play

>Nova Launcher Prime
>Tesla Unread (tfw paying for a feature that's stock on iOS to see unread badge count)
>Icon pack ideally
I use Clix, start from there.

>Disable NFC and Wi-Fi calling
>Return phone and buy a Nexus

Done. Enjoy, friend. Hoping you like the S7 meme.
>>
File: Kembangan-20121014-00124.jpg (214KB, 1792x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Kembangan-20121014-00124.jpg
214KB, 1792x1344px
>>55699134
All Note phones are GOATs. Fact.
>>
>>55702536
Oh well pssh that settles it then.

I'm with Koodo right now, which is basically Telus. Never had a problem with the network unless I'm in a far-flung rural area. I did have issues with Bell in London a few years ago, though, so hopefully they've cleared those up.
>>
>>55702669
How? Serious question. Everyone I know loves theirs, but I don't know why.
>>
>>55702694
They are built like a tank and lasts for eons. That Note 2 is still alive and healthy today.
>>
>>55702652
Thank you anon I found really strange the other response and get the G4 Plus or normal ?
>>
>>55702721
They're too damn big for my taste
>>
>>55702737

I haven't used the Plus yet, but its specs make me prefer it (more ram). The extra storage is negligible given that it has an SD slot, but I'd get the Plus if you have the money for it.
>>
>>55702594

$39

it was done remotely, i had to download teamviewer (don't worry i kept my eyes peeled and ready to disconnect the ethernet cable if i noticed somethng fishy)

the only negative thing that comes with it is that Knox gets tripped because he rooted the phone, also unlocked it

>>55702636

like 5 inches hard
>>
>>55702792
Thanks anon :D
>>
>>55702694
>large screen
>good pixel dencity
>internals powerful enough to drive it
>decent battery life but if that isn't enough you can double it with after market ones.
>>
>>55702633
why
>>
>>55699335
me and it can't get here soon enough
>>
>>55702775
The latest ones have slimmed down a lot.
>>
Opinions on Honor 7 Lite?

It seems great for its price.
>>
File: serveimage(2).jpg (248KB, 1200x760px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(2).jpg
248KB, 1200x760px
I'm hoping someone might know the answer to this. I unfortunately bought the droid turbo 2 as my first smartphone. From the looks of it there isn't a purchasable replacement battery available for it. Does someone know if there will likely ever be one available for purchase? Or do some phones get jewed without having the option of buying a replacement battery?
>>
>>55702958

just sell it on swappa now and get something you can replace the battery on
>>
>>55702899
OP3 has shitty battery and camera.
6P has no msd slot.
But if you want a nexus, wait for the new devices. They're probably just around the corner.
>>
Is there a phone better than the Moto G4+ for $300?
>>
Stupid question here. Should I root my note 5? What are the advantages?
>>
>>55703030
Also. Anyway to extend battery life?
>>
>>55703030
You can block all ads, for one.
>>
>>55703024

yeah the moto x pure objectively has a bigger community behind it and slightly better specs
>>
Should I get Nexus 6P in October or wait for the new rumoured model?
>>
>>55698630
Yeah, I read phones and comic books on my 6S Plus
>>
File: asus_zf32.0.jpg (101KB, 1372x1587px) Image search: [Google]
asus_zf32.0.jpg
101KB, 1372x1587px
WHY GLASS BACK FOR FUCKS SAKE
WHY
THEY COULD HAVE GIVEN US A NORMAL TEXTURED PLASTIC BACK WITH NO FUCKING CAMERA BUMP AND A 3000mAh BATTERY INSTEAD THEY HAVE TO PUSH FUCKING GLASS. GLASS. SLIPPERY FUCKING GLASS. SO I'M FORCED TO BUY A PLASTIC COVER, WHICH MAKES THE THINNESS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. FUCK YOU DESIGNERS, FUCK. YOU.

So if I want the 3000mAh battery I'm forced to buy the 5.5" version, while if I want at least a metal back I need to get the deluxe which is 5.7", no way in hell I'm getting that even if it was €300.

Why are designers so fucking stupid. Why are they pushing camera bumps and glass backs, nobody wants them, literally no fucking body.
Still going to buy the Zenfone 3 5.2" as soon as its out, but fuck them.
>>
>>55702373
V10 weighs like a fucking dumbbell, and heats up like a whore
>>
>>55702669
Note 5 was sadly not
>>
>>55703066
Think the G4's will get decent ROM support? They seem to be selling well enough. I'd be going for the 4GB RAM model of the G4+ anyway, and the lighter chipset gives it a slightly better battery life, no?
>>
>>55703127
Blame the burgeoning Asian market.
>>
>>55703127
Idk man, glass backs are sexy
>>
>>55703153

Yep. TWRP is done and CM13 already has a build available (broken features, but its on the way).
>>
>>55703184
They might be but they're also completely stupid.
Glass is the worst material for hand holding comfort
Glass is also the worst material for aestethic appearance on anything that is used daily: it will be smudged to hell and back the moment you hold it for 10 minutes, and it will be chipped and scratched in a matter of months even if you don't drop it.

It's pretty much "You need to buy a cover and you will never see this again".

Literally the 10/10 best backing is a removable plastic back built to look like polished metal or wood or whatever, anything else.
>cheap
>doesn't smudge
>pops off if the phone falls, absorbing a lot of the energy that would otherwise crack shit

And the phone ends up being thinner and lighter because you don't need a cover.
>>
Anyone have experience with any of the Carved wooden phone cases? They're really fucking sexy.
>>
>>55703239
Nice. I considered the Pure but I heard a lot of QC issues with it, plus a middling battery life. Better CPU and a few more feature, but 5.7" screens turn me off simply because a 5.5 is already big enough to be used as a paperweight.
>>
>>55703266

I actually went back and forth with the pure, but I think the G4 plus is the better option. It has a couple of months of smalltime dev attention since its release in india, which will give it a leg up in the US in terms of dev scheduling.
>>
File: image(26).jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
image(26).jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
Is Kingroot the way to go?
What does /spg/ recommend to root?
Also what apps are /spg/ approved? The OP is nice with all the news but as a new smartphone owner I was hoping to find all the info I need in the OP.
>>
>>55703153
What markets get the G4 plus with extra ram? Because Europe doesn't, afaik.
>>
>>55702669
Agreed

Love my Note 5. Best mobile device I've ever owned
>>
>>55703331
>Is Kingroot the way to go?
No.

>What does /spg/ recommend to root?
Check XDA for your device.
>>
>>55703103
Worth a wait regardless if you can wait, but there's always something better on the horizon

reason to wait: could be better model, 6P could drop in price regardless of the 2016 nexus quality

Someone said we shouldnt expect it until october, I ordered my 6P yesterday. no ragrets
>>
>>55703030
If your carrier is Verizon, you currently cannot root the Note 5

Should be fine on all others as far as I know
>>
How much will the note7 cost?
>>
My phone came with "onedrive" and "onenote" how do I remove these and replace them with the stock google equivalent?
>>
>>55703453
I think I saw $800 in one of the last threads

Cannot confirm though
>>
I'm thinking oft buying a new smartphone but i think its not easy to find one, that fits my needs
I would appreciate if it:
Supports a ROM which is free as in freedom (no gapps needed, unlocked bootloader, rootable)
Epic battery live (removable battery)
Micro SD card slot
LTE of course
5.5" but very good if smaller
No fingerprint sensor (would be nice)
Should be a recognisable upgrade from s4mini
Dualsim (nice to have)
>>
>>55698750
#blackphonesmatter
>>
>>55703362
Hmm, XDA says Kingoroot, guess I'll read the 18 pages and see if anything else comes up, thanks.

Also, my phone is dual sim and there is only a sim in slot 2, would that matter? Should I put it in slot 1? None of my settings are saving, and I'm not getting mms messages anymore. All the apps I replaced like keyboard keep needing to be chose as default, shit's annoying.
>>
>>55700452
G3 is shit and overheats 100% of the time
>>
I was just about to purchase an S7 Edge but now that the note7 is about to announced I'm not so sure.

What would I be missing out on if I go with the s7 edge?
>>
>>55698630
Just buy a $30 Nook or something. It is leagues better when reading book because of the e-ink screen
>>
>>55702846
>dencity
>>
>>55703687
A fun for a minute edge gimmick

That's it
>>
is cyanogen mod on the Redmi Note 3 Pro any good?

I dont really understand how it works - does the guy who posted the ROM actually have to put a lot of effort into getting it working, or is it a simple port job? Can he "fuck up" the process either way? I dont just really like the idea of using some shoddily put together software as my daily driver.

Thanks for any info in advance.
>>
>>55703687
>>55703884
Fuck, read that wrong, sorry.

It seems like the Note 7 is gonna have better specs overall. Higher price tag, but likely worth it, not to mention there will surely be tons of deals. The stylus is also more handy than you think. I currently have a Note 5, and if I didn't have to get a new phone out of necessity, I would've waited for the note 7.

Here's a list of specs, aside from dimensions and weight
>>
>>55703943
Really bad at this posting thing today

>>55703687
http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7-8082.php
>>
What kinda cases do you guys use on your phones?
>>
>>55704016
I have a $40 incipio
>>
Preorder Axon 7 or spring on $100 on HTC 10?
Priorities are music quality, and which will be better at streaming hi-res music while playing pokemon go outside.
>>
>>55704219
HTC 10
>>
>can only save image sto the cloud
wtf, I want a wallpaper. How do I save a custom wallpaper? Do I have to plug it into my PC? That's retarded.
>>
who has a better camera

LG v10 which so far has been awesome
or
note 7
>>
>>55704272
What phone?
>>
>>55703336
The U.S one is on Amazon at least, with a $50 Giftcard as a bonus. So you can get 16GB/2GB for $250, 64GB ROM and 4GB of RAM for $300, and have a free $50 to buy a 128gb microSD. The 64GB just seems like a better deal because of the RAM, honestly.
>>
>>55704314
Looks like the Note 7 is gonna have a 12 MP camera

So LG v10 apparently

gg
>>
>>55704352
s7 with chrome
>>
File: 1467881488415.png (284KB, 650x581px) Image search: [Google]
1467881488415.png
284KB, 650x581px
>>55704378
>using the giftcard on an sd
>>
>>55704391
hurrr durrrr MP=quality HURRRRR
>>
>>55704235
You think it might drop in price further sometime soon?
>>
File: 1350236025244.gif (371KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1350236025244.gif
371KB, 500x375px
>>55704409
What? I mean, I already have microSD's, but if you needed one you could certainly use it for that.
>>
>>55704378
make sure to check if it has the extra ram, in yurop it's called all the same G4 Plus with the extra space and it still gets 2gb of ram.
>>
>>55704474
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IIOCCNW/ref=twister_B01HJ30IO8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
The U.S one says 4GB ram upfront.
>>
>>55704453
Very inappropriate, anon

Can't rightly test the Note 7 camera yet, now can we. Best comparable info there is at the moment
>>
>>55704747
it'll be exactly the same as the one in the S7, which is the best phone camera there is right now.
>>
Hi /g/ looking for purchasing advice:

>Budget=150-200 USD
>no chinkshit, this includes Huawei
>no Sony, their displays are literal garbage
>no Samshit
>Preferrably LG, HTC, Motorola etc
>screen must be 5" at least
>sturdy build no creaking plastic feeling, metal is encouraged
>i dont care about camera
>if it has Cyanogenmod support or some other custom ROM that is nice

I had my hands on an LG K10 and I like the workmanship and the screen. It is said to be slow tho.
>>
Alright /g/ lets say i as looking for a phone under 250 euros in EU what would be my best choices?
>>
>>55704830
LG G4?
>>
Am I an asshole for demanding phones have a removable battery? I mean, not having one sends the clear, explicit message that they don't expect the device to last you any longer than 3-5 years, and that bothers me on principle.
>>
Never had a smartphone before. What should I get that's around 400-500$ thats got great hardware isnt big as shiit and will still be okay in the years to come? Some sony xperia or oneplus? Hows the oneplus 3? Is the battery bad?
>>
>>55703574
Okay, looks my choices are iroot and kingoroot, anything I should know about either?
Also, should I go pc or apk route? Any advantages to one or the other?

Also, I've been all over XDA and google but haven't been able to find a good guide to rooting and flashing a new rom on this thing, any suggestions? All the posts I find are over a year old and seem to use outdated tools with broken links.
Starting to regret getting this cheap shitty phone and not saving up a few months for a real one.
>>
>>55705359
6p
>>
File: meme.jpg (31KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
31KB, 680x383px
Hiya there!
I'm wondering if the HTC One mini would still be a good phone to get in 2016
>>
stock recovery or twrp?
>>
>>55705540
>650 euro
>5.7''
thanks bro exactly what i needed
>>
>received Motorola reply today that Moto G4+ 64gb will not be available in my country
>don't know what to upgrade G2 to
america gets all the cool shit
>>
>>55698634
Why would you replace your S7? It's brand new!
Did you break it?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
>First Smartphone
>Want some good games

So I got redmi 3 and I really love it
what are some games that are worth it and dont fucking feel like commercial for microtransactions or whatever are those called

Battle Cats is pretty decent, though trying to monetize pretty heavily.

What do you recommend?
>>
>>55700037
I'm not saying the 6P is a good option, because it has that shitty SD810, but did you see the battery drain the OP3 has after the last update? It drops 1% every 4 minutes!
>>
File: 1468776585501.png (186KB, 1551x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1468776585501.png
186KB, 1551x1500px
>>55699566
Right here, fām. I'm not impressed with the Note 7, so I plan on holding on to my Note 4 for a bit longer.
>>
Fuck, idk if I should just preorder the Axon 7 now or buy a nexus 32gb to tie me over until the new phones are announced. Bah
>>
>>55699566
Sorry, nii-san, I Galaxy Note 5
>>
>>55706097
Just wait until the 27th and then decide.

Keep in mind that differences between phones is in reality minute, just integrated over a long period of time. So quality of life of having one phone for several months longer might actually be better than if you were to wait for a better phone.
>>
So, the Moto G4 overheats?
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
I have a galaxy s6 time to upgrade? the phone work fine without problem, its just a question.
>>
>>55706380
Nope
>>
>>55706380
Nah
>>
My M8 did not survive my motorcycle accident and I want a new phone that did everything the M8 did but better. Hesitant to jump on the 10 bc of the pricetag.

Currently on my backup so I can wait for new shit to come out. Audio quality is a must.
>>
I bought an s7 but it just sits on my desk because I'm a NEET.

What are your top 3 games?

Can I catch pokemon in pokemon go without leaving my house?
>>
This is for Canadian anons out there. I can get an S6 for free on a two year contract with Bell, or an S7 for $300 on that same two year contract.

Is the S7 worth that much more? I currently have a Blackberry Q10 and am not really happy with it.
>>
File: pXatiAO.jpg (486KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pXatiAO.jpg
486KB, 1920x1200px
Hey, /spg/! What's the best app for podcasts on android, in your opinion?
>>
>>55707183
kill all weaboo losers faggots app is pretty cool
>>
>>55707208
Get the fuck out of here you 14 year old shit. This image board was founded as being for primarily anime and manga. It grew and developed into what it is today.
>>
The Note 8, is that tablet still usable nowadays? I need something medium sized with an active digitizer
>>
I want a phone that will allow me to watch porn on as big a screen and as loud as possible, for use on public transportation. Suggestions?
>>
I got a samsung s4 right now and it's time for an upgrade. Should I wait for the new google nexus (htc marlin i believe?) or get the nexus 6p?? Money ain't a factor. Never going samsung again
>>
>>55706857
kinda defeats the purpose of the game, no?

you can spoof GPS, but you'll risk a ban, and again i dont see the point.
>>
>>55707277
Xperia Z3
>>
File: Clown_Triggerfish.jpg (46KB, 375x300px) Image search: [Google]
Clown_Triggerfish.jpg
46KB, 375x300px
>finally almost settled on getting a S7 to upgrade from my iphone 4
>suddenly a whole thread about android being buggy POS puts me back into indecisiveness
I just want a flagship
>>
>>55707509
Wait for Marlin
>>
>>55707092
I got the s7 for 222 from Bell, because they were out of silver. And got a free case.

It's a great phone. It has a better camera and battery, and it's ip68 waterproof. If those features seem worth 300 bucks to you, I would get it. Personally, I did. Think about it, it's gotta last you 2 years. Might as well get the best phone you can for those 2 years.
>>
>>55707509
I am on a 4S that lasts like 2 hours of barely any use, can play Pokemon Go for about 20 minutes before the 20% notification pops up.
Getting the S7 Edge tomorrow
Just go for it man, just some fear-monger bs
>>
>>55707509
I bought the s7. There is no lag or anything, that guys phone was broken.
>>
File: whyrms.png (553KB, 860x794px) Image search: [Google]
whyrms.png
553KB, 860x794px
WHY DO POO-IN-LOOS LOVE SMARTPHONE FORUMS SO FUCKING MUCH

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND TUTORIALS WRITTEN BY WHITE PEOPLE

my phone has no watsap can u help me very gud my friend
HOLY FUCK JUST NUKE INDIA ALREADY
>>
Is there anything like f.lux or Nightshift for non-rooted phones?
>in b4 blue light meme
>>
>>55707548
You're not wrong. The better camera plus removable storage is a big selling point for me. Did you get the price knocked down by negotiating in store or anything? Why was it $222?
>>
>>55707669
I have no idea.
>"Sorry we don't have any silver, it will be 2 days wait, I'll give you 50 dollars off"
>"Here, pick one of these cases for free."
>"Your total is 222$"
Kind of confusing but I was happy about it.

I did mention telus so maybe they were scared I would go buy the phone from them instead, since they ran out.
>>
>>55706857
Please do not play P GO, if you do then i dont think youre qualified to own a smartphone.

As for your question, they gotta be Dead Trigger (the first one), Modern Combat 4 and Weapons Throwing RPG.
>>
Is HTC's 100 dollar discount for the 10 worth it? Phone looks awesome aside from HTC's poor record with battery life
>>
I'm fuckin lost here fellas
I'm torn between nexus 5x and redmi note 3 pro, been told the new redmi launches next week
Is this true? Can I get it soon? I have to buy in the next 2 weeks. I'm out of the loop on rumors
Also, things that matter are camera and battery. Also ability to root and custom rom, etc, would one of these 3 be better than the other?
>>
File: cornhole.jpg (199KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cornhole.jpg
199KB, 800x1000px
I'm an American Verizon customer and I'm due for an upgrade. I'm looking for a touch screen, long battery, and rugged. Wha
>>
>>55707776
The new redmi will not be a snapdragon so the redmi note 3 pro is better. Wait only for a price reduction (although they might already be selling it as low as they can).
>>
>>55707787
Thanks anon. Is there custom rom support for the rn3p? I think there's root but if I get another locked phone I'm going to kill myself.
Also, how is the camera? The expandable storage is nice too
>>
File: received_975598865888926.jpg (38KB, 721x419px) Image search: [Google]
received_975598865888926.jpg
38KB, 721x419px
>>55707248
shut the fuck up faggot kill yourself fucking bastard
>>
>>55707821
There is CM available, but it's said to be buggy, can't confirm, though.
The camera is mediocore, as expected in its price range, should be enough for standard usage.
>>
>>55707208
>>55707838
Fuck off you underage retard.
>>>/le9gag/
>>
>>55707854
>underage
says the one watching anime lmao
>>
>>55707843
Do you know about xposed and battery life?
>>
What's everyone's opinion of gold colour schemes for phones?
>>
>>55707863
>no you
>>
>>55707988
I'm not black or Persian so they're gross looking to me but I bet they sell like crazy.
>>
File: galaxy_s7_edge_0010.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy_s7_edge_0010.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
>>55698591
Hi /spg/,

I'm about to be given an s7 edge, but I'm new to smart phones and android in general. Are there any customization guides out there that can get me started on what android can do? Sorry if this is the wrong thread.
>>
>>55707988
I prefer silver
>>
I'm looking for a decent android phone, since I've been stuck with a windows phone for some time now.

Any recommendations? I don't need a super expensive one but I would like one that runs smoothly and will last me quite a while and yes pokemon go was the last straw when it came to windows phones and lack of app support

I've been googling and came up with the moto g4, moto x play, xperia m5 and samsung s5 neo

I'm not a phone guy, so any help would be nice
>>
File: moto z droid.jpg (132KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
moto z droid.jpg
132KB, 1200x800px
why the fuck did google ever sell moto to lenovo. blunder of the century.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (144KB, 1747x839px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
144KB, 1747x839px
>>55698591
>>
>>55707909
Battery is pretty decent as expected of a note phone, as for exposed iirc it comes integrated ie in the settings menu with CM13 since those niggas love to bundle the tinted status bar module with their releases, its about the only "bloatware" they use
>>
>>55708372
How long is pretty decent? I get about a day to a day and a half out of my Moto g using it conservatively, would the note do better?
>>
>>55706372
Bump for interest
>>
>>55708448
I was really interested in getting one since I wanted a cheap(ish) phone to last me 1yr+ but if the thing throttles to shit then I can't put up with that. I'd rather have a slightly weaker phone that runs smooth than a "budget" SoC that flames itself.
>>
>>55708141
Dont even try about rooting it without posting here first, you need to tell us if its the international release, the standard or the exynos one

TouchWiz is ass, sure the lag went down a bit with the updates but it is still horrible, fortunately you can download Nova Launcher Prime off any respectable apk site and install it alongside GoodLock and any icon pack of your choice to make your UI look pretty without outright ricing the shit out of it and ruining it the same way putting a spoiler on a lambo would (protip: you cant anyways, not without rooting)

What you can do with an unrooted phone is limited to appearance, social media and some cracked games, so thats about it

>>55708400
I get 10 hours a day browsing loli porn, youtube videos, shitposting here and listening to music, ive never gaymed with a smartphone so i dont know how much the battery lasts when playing angry pirds or whatever since i mainly use it for night shifts at the mall, no way im bringing my HTC 10 to a tyrone infested are
>>
>>55708548
Thanks man sounds like battery is good
>>
>>55708548
What's the difference between prime and normal?
>>
Why did the axon 7 have to be shit /g/?
>>
>>55708564
Yeah man the Redmi Note 3 Pro is a beast of a phone, specially when it has such a low price tag, the only bad thing i could find about it is the camera, my old 2010 budget smartphone takes better pictures but i dont care about that shit because im not a 15 year old slut

>>55708583
You can hide apps, hide the status bar in case you have some widgets displaying the time, weather and battery and some other things i forgot about, but those two were dealbreakers for me (fuck the stock browser, music player, gallery and playstore)
>>
>>55708656
Man I do kinda care about the camera. I use my phone for a lot of picture taking and I like them to be as good as possible.
Is it better than the nexus 5? I got good pictures somehow with that
Also, how much worse than say a 5x?
>>
is it possible to be in contact with coevals by internet and have good aps without revealing a ridiculous amount of info? it seems that smartphones are incarnated botnets
>>
>>55708747
Well from what i just saw on reviews, even though the RN3P has a 16 MP camera and the Nexus 5 and Nexus 5X have 8 and 12 MP respectively the Nexus-es take way sharper pictures and have better lighting, the Xiaomi aint that bad but its noticeable when you put it against any other flagship phone, as for the specs the RN3P has slightly worse specs in some areas but in performance and battery duration it has them beat by a mile, not to mention that its a 5.5" phone with a superior design imo

If you want a good phone with an amazing camera i suggest buying either the S7E, Xperia Z5 or the Xperia Z3 Compact
>>
>>55708959
All of those are out of my budget. Oh well, it can't be worse than my Moto g right now, right?
Right?
>>
File: pleaserespond.png (92KB, 350x327px) Image search: [Google]
pleaserespond.png
92KB, 350x327px
What do you guys use your phones for? My dumbphone just died and I'm going to take the leap but I don't really see the appeal of smartphones.

Convince me, /g/
>>
>>55709013
you can play PoGo and pick up chicks
>>
>>55709049
mc fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1458384959658.png (931B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
1458384959658.png
931B, 64x64px
>>55709049
Don't listen to him man you can be a fake cute anime grill on the internet if you want!
>>
>>55708279
Out of those I'd go for a g4.
>>
>>55709013
E-mail, instant messaging of all kinds (kik for video game friends, bbm for my mom, steam for internet acquaintances, text messages for friends from school), price comparison while shopping, reminders (todos, shopping lists), music, videos/games during travel, recording events/appointments in my calendar immediately instead of forgetting, control my thermostat (if I'm coming home early/late, taht sort of jazz), translate foreign menus, GPS in my car, cast videos to my TV, fact check stupid bullshit my uncle tells me, and some other shit like the occasional phone call.
>>
File: 1273450037922.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1273450037922.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>>55709013
you can stream the cops murdering you live on facebook
>>
>>55709049
I'm not really interested in that gam- how do I pick up girls with this game? I'm interested.

>>55709126
Web browser, media player and IM device then? Alright, that sounds good enough. Thank you. Makes you wonder why some of you spend $300+ on a phone though. Are they the same people who buy a Titan SLI setup to shitpost on /g/?

>>55709191
I'm not a nigger okay
>>
>>55709013
When I'm having a panic attack I use it to check my heart rate (which makes it worse seeing how high it is). I shitpost with it when I'm watching TV. Take pictures to post on 4chan. Other than that, I just use it as a dumb phone and it sits on my desk.
>>
>>55705898
Kingdom Rush, Hearthstone
>>
>>55709213
I figure that if a phone is going to last me 2 years I might as well get one that will work well for those whole 2 years. That's why I buy flagships.
>>
>>55709228
>Hearthstone
If I wanted to play a shitty tabletop game for redditards I'd get Cards Against Humanity. Thanks for nothing normie.
>>
File: whatcat.jpg (20KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
whatcat.jpg
20KB, 319x319px
>>55709251
But my $50 dumbphone made calls, sent messages and played music for 6 years straight, anon. Are you telling me smartphones go to shit for no reason at all? You're convincing me *not* to buy a smartphone.
>>
>>55707988
I prefer black, black as my soul...
>>
>>55709213
>Makes you wonder why some of you spend $300+ on a phone though. Are they the same people who buy a Titan SLI setup to shitpost on /g/?
I don't think these costs align.

Are you asking what a better phone offers? It's in the details (more responsive, better camera, better screen, better battery, visual appeal) and features (waterproof rating, wireless charging, fingerprint reader, etc.). If you want it all, then you pay flagship prices.
>>
>>55709308
That's the question I was asking indeed, thank you kind anon.

Wireless charging is a thing now? Holy hell. Does it give you cancer?
>>
>>55709273
Planned obsolescence, senpai.
After a couple OS updates the phone simply doesn't have enough power to run the latest bloatware, and staying on older OSes to avoid this just leaves you vulnerable to fun security holes and malware.
>>
>>55705898
pixel dungeon
>>
Is the Redmi note 3 Pro as good as people say it is and it looks or am I being memed on?
>>
>>55709326
>Wireless charging is a thing now?
Don't get too excited. It just means you put your phone down on a special pad and a short-range wireless frequency induces a charge in your phone. It's not over any kind of distance.

>Does it give you cancer?
What doesn't?
>>
File: 1469148097766.jpg (438KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1469148097766.jpg
438KB, 1000x1500px
>>55708548
im on an htc 1 and i'm finally fed up with my stock rom, the way it looks, and all the bloat that i can't disable. is cyanogenmod with a good theme the only way to get away from this? iirc you'd have to root the phone before you could put anything 3rd party on it like cyanogenmod. are they still like that or was it never like that?

>>55709326
no its thru induction aka magnets. the same way a digital tachometer works
>>
>>55698670
I really like my P9 but I'll admit the software is pretty shitty
>>
File: Samsung-Galaxy-A5-2016.jpg (419KB, 1634x2126px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-Galaxy-A5-2016.jpg
419KB, 1634x2126px
Opinions on the Samsung A5? Currently have a Samsung S4 Mini and I need an upgrade...
>>
File: about thirty users fall f(...).jpg (47KB, 667x645px) Image search: [Google]
about thirty users fall f(...).jpg
47KB, 667x645px
I'm looking for a recommendation. No real budget, I think Verizon has monthly payments for phones so I'll be fine.

What I want:
>cool new tech (nfc, gyroscope, accelerometer, etc)
>good camera
>android version that will stay updated (with my current phone I never got an update and I'm stuck on KitKat)
>>
>>55706380
I only just upgraded from the S4 to an S7. I think you'll be okay for a while.
>>
>>55709638
from personal experience with many samsung devices i'd never buy any samsung other than a note
>>55709348
its p good
>>
>>55706380
as long as it still works completely fine then its alright
i personally keep my phones for 4 years before changing
>>
>>55705898
RetroArch
I like playing emulated GBA the most.
>>
>>55705898
Oh, Towerfall, too.
>>
>>55698591
>>>55709638
>from personal experience with many samsung devices i'd never buy any samsung other than a note

What would you suggest?
>>
>>55709638
Have had one for a year and hasn't given me any problems.

The finishing is a little bit too slippery IMO, tho
>>
>>55705567
>outdated cpu
>1gb ram
>4mp camera
what the heck are you thinking lad
>>
>>55709686
What's wrong with samsung
>>
So, without considering the price difference, Oneplus 3 or Nexus 6P?

I'm specially interested in the battery duration, as both seem awesome for a daily use.
>>
>>55709748
>>55709731
just ended up being really slow to many devices i used after a year except the notes
>>
>>55705359
>>55705650
6P is 500USD at least. But it is basically a phablet so I don't know what that guy was thinking.
Uh... isn't the OnePlus 2 the same size though?

I'd recommend S7, but that's still pretty big at 5.1. I don't know what the price is in Euros, but it's probably a little above your range. The MicroSD compatibility and waterproofness are things I really appreciate in phones, plus the high quality amoled display.

You might want to wait for the replacement to the Nexus 5X. It'll probably be under 500$, and rumors show it being pretty solid, hardware wise.
>>
>
>>55709528
HTC are pretty shitty. You have to unlock the bootloader first, though they do have a pretty decent tutorial on their support page. After that you need to flash a custom recovery like TWRP and then you can flash custom ROMs. CM with one of the more minimal openGapps packages is a good place to start but there are tons available. Any custom ROM will have root access. If you want to get away with less you can unlock the bootloader, root the phone, and then uninstall the bloat using titanium backup but that's a little more risky.

I'm running CM on my One m7 and it's a great daily driver.
>>
Just got this phone, im not really a fan of huge display phones specially this one its almost like a tablet...

http://smartphones.specout.com/l/3535/Cherry-Mobile-Flare-XL

What do you guys think?
>>
>>55709904
also wheres the sticky/image for ricing phones?
>>
Opinion on ASUS Zenfone 3?
>>
File: 1468137563809.jpg (47KB, 321x326px) Image search: [Google]
1468137563809.jpg
47KB, 321x326px
>>55709528
I'd eat her fresh hot pizza, ya feel?
>>
>>55709973
yeah seems really tasty
>>
>>55709928
Wow, had no idea asus made phones
>>
Hey guys, I just preordered the ZTE Axon 7 because the thing seems to be the best price:performance ratio phone in existence.
Redpill me on why this was a mistake and why I should get the OnePlus 3 instead.
Also anyone else who buys ZTE, is it normal for them to not send you a confirmation email after you made a purchase on their site even though they charge you the money and give you a confirmation number?
>>
Got my OnePlus 3 yesterday.

It's been pretty good to me so far, I still need to get it riced out, though.
>>
>>55710040
What about the battery?
>>
File: asus-zenfone-go-zc500tg-1.jpg (50KB, 558x570px) Image search: [Google]
asus-zenfone-go-zc500tg-1.jpg
50KB, 558x570px
>>55710013
Yeah. Really cheap ones.

I bought my current one for $120. Not top of the line but great for the price. But I think ASUS is moving towards actually competing with the big boys now.
>>
Just got my HTC 10 today. Wanted a new phone since I paid off my Nexus 6.

I have to say I like the Nexus 6 better.
>>
Moto G4+ or OP3 or Axon 7?
>>
>>55710059
Battery's fine so far, and that's after the update to 3.2.1. The real test will be when I go to work on Monday, since my work has both a Pokestop and a Gym. But I think a lot of the bitching is just memery over an issue that's been present in Android for years.
>>
What happened to the note 6?
>>
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_308825.html
>Why even bother with 500$+ phones
>>
>>55709904
It has a cool name but for that price i would have gone for a Grand Prime or even an amazon Moto G, the KitKat kind of kills everything else it has, and while it can be rooted it has no decent roms, at least the samsung has a decent CM port.
>>
>>55709928
N O U P D A T ES
>>
>>55710144
well i got this one for free tho.... already rooted it just trying to rice it out.
>>
>>55699261
Look at this fool not knowing that NFC antennae are built into samsung batteries and NFC /s beam doesn't work if you swap for a different brand
>>
>>55710165
Who uses nfc? What for?
>>
>>55710165
>NFC
Literally who cares
>>
>>55710164
The rice guides are on the g wiki, but it basically is just: install nova prime, dashclock, icon pack, anime wallpaper, useless and flashy widgets
>>
>>55710077
Get a decent pair of headphones, download some FLAC files of your favorite songs, change your mind.
>>
>>55710219
>FLAC
literally only used for archiving files
>>
>>55710080
Axon 7 2bh. The software looks like ass compared to OP3 but it's mostly stock android with little bloat so it's bearable when you consider that the thing is a better OP almost all around for the same price.
G4 seems a little weak to compare to either of the other 2.
>>
>>55710183
>>55710205
Of right you guys are from one of those backwards countries like the US that hasn't embraced tap to pay yet huh
>>
File: 1461143079507.png (302KB, 1276x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1461143079507.png
302KB, 1276x1260px
>Was gonna get a Moto G4 Plus
>Overheats, no compass, fingerprint scanner is pointless
What're some good sub-300 phones? Optimally with custom ROM and Tmobile/AT&T.
>>
>>55710108
Cool. That's the only thing making me doubt about buying it, I don't want to struggle to get to the end of the day with enough battery.
>>
>>55710236
>tap to pay

Ya ill pass
>>
>>55709825
6P. Oneplus 3 has battery issues, draining 1% every few minutes.
>>
>>55710226
>literally
no
>>
>>55710241
Is the OP3 battery that bad? I heard it was god-tier and I believed it since I use the OPO right now and this thing has an awesome battery life.
>>
>>55710232
Still waiting to hear if this thing is gonna have an unlocked bootloader. People keep saying it's shit, but I don't have any idea why. As long as it gets rom support it should be pretty solid.
>>
>>55710250
Still trying to get the hang of the new fangled chip and pin huh Murica?
>>
>>55710256
HA!!! Looks like the one plus was a one hit wonder
>>
>>55710260
you know I'm right
>>
>>55710264
I dont uave that either just a regular old debit card
>>
>>55710236
Yeah I use my cards for that fampai.
A lot more convenient than having to input a pin in my banks mobile app.
>>
>>55710261
Not really. Some people have wakelock issues and don't know what custom ROMs are, so the meme spread. I wouldn't say it's god tier, but not as bad as so many make it out to be. So far, it seems average as fuck.
>>
Why shouldn't I get a redmi 3?
>>
>>55710278
All our debit cards have had chip n pin since hmm prob the last 10 years. Third year having a visa debit with a tap to pay. Second year doing it with my galaxy note 3 and now 4. You guys are so far behind it's unreal
>>
File: alcatel-pop-4-2016-1.jpg (66KB, 497x660px) Image search: [Google]
alcatel-pop-4-2016-1.jpg
66KB, 497x660px
Just a heads up for Ausfags on here.
Target is selling the Alcatel Pop 4 for $59. This phone literally just came out.

Specs:
http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_pop_4-7935.php

Bezels are pretty fucking tiny and it has a nice 720p IPS display.

Pretty damn amazing for $59. Locked to Optarse.
>>
>>55710271
You can't see why anyone would want to play a lossless music file on a phone with one of the best DAC implementations on the market?
>>
>>55710263
I watched a bunch of reviews and they all rave about it as a device. I too am really hoping for it to be properly rootable though.
Didn't want to go through the hassle of losing everything on my old phone so I never rooted the thing. Immediately regretted that when the youtube ads and shit started showing up.
>>
>>55710332
>phone DAC
spicy meme
>>
Huawei Mate 8 v OP3 v Nexus 6P?
>>
>>55710263
Who's saying it's shit, and why? The Axon 7 is the only thing between me and an HTC 10.
>>
>>55707183
why is that image a thing

>HD650's checking in
>>
>>55710351
I dunno, I saw some early reviews of the SOT time vs. the OP3 and it being like, 45m less, and I think people were claiming it was shit from the get go, but since it's not out in the U.S yet I dunno.
>>
>>55710289
>>Input a PIN from my banks mobile app
ehhhh no anon try tapping your phone against something for instant purchases up to 20 euro or swiping my finger print against the home button for amounts greater....you absolute cave man
>>
>>55710366
>Trusting your money to the NFC botnet
>>
>>55710337
>implying anyone wants to spend $$$ on DAP and or external DAC/Amp everywhere
>>
>>55707183
cancer
>>
>>55710362
I mean, it's ZTE, and their first attempt at breaking into the U.S. market with a competitive phone. I see where the shit-talkers are coming from.

Guess we'll see on the 27th
and then Aug 15th when the actual good color comes out
>>
>>55710374
>>Not squirreling your money away under your mattress instead GIVING IT FREELY away to some untouchable banking conglomerate and using their non open source systems to do with it whatever they want and then pay them monthly fees.
Anon NFC tech is guaranteed by my bank, if there's fraud I am protected by law and entitled to a refund. Calm down silly Americano
>>
File: ____1325113300188.jpg (9KB, 205x213px) Image search: [Google]
____1325113300188.jpg
9KB, 205x213px
>2016
>not every phone is equipped with mSD
>not every phone is equipped with replaceable battery
>not every phone is equipped with 4000+mAh battery
>not every phone is equipped with fingerprint scanner
>not every phone is equipped with wireless charging
>not every phone is equipped with NFC
>not every phone is waterproofed
>>
>>55710404
Is ZTE a bad company? They seem to be offering a great deal for the launch of the Axon and they have a very good warranty that you wouldn't expect from a low quality phone since they would lose money.
>>
>>55710440
>replacable 4000 mAh battery
Enjoy your XBOX HUEG phone
>wireless charging with any kind of metal phone body
Why not just buy an Nvidia GPU if you want a housefire so bad?
Generally I agree with you though. I wish cheaper companies didn't skimp on things like waterproofing to lower prices.
>>
>>55710455
I think they've got a pretty solid business in China with some notable flagships, but in the States I'm sure they've only sold, and been associated with, lower quality budget phones. I have one next to me I got for free that I've used maybe twice; literally nothing noteworthy about it.

The Axon 7 business model is really good for what they're doing; it has specs on par with current U.S. flagships at $200-$300 less, which is really enticing + unlimited replacements with no premium (there is a $75 deductible though. If you only need to replace your phone once, and in the first year, HTC has the better value).
You're right that they'd lose money, but that's in the short term. What they need to do is establish themselves as a premium brand, which is better in the long term.

Unless you really want the gold color, wait it out.
>>
>first smart phone
>look at the top games
>click "candy crush saga" because it has the most players
>THIS APP NEEDS ACCESS TO YOUR FIRST BORN CHILD
>cancel
seriously, why would a game need all of my information and control of my wifi?
>>
>>55710527
The service is free because you're the product, anon.
>>
>>55710505
>Enjoy your XBOX HUEG phone
I'm not a 14 year old girl.
>>
>>55710520
Already ordered the gold because I was planning on the OP3 until I heard that the Axon 7 is way better.
I'll be your guinea pig I guess. Mine ships on the 27th.
>>
>>55710541
Will you pretend that it's a BBC when it sticks halfway out of your pants and makes everyone around you uncomfortable?
>>
>>55710550
Hope you like it.

What site did you preorder from?
>>
>>55710596
The official ZTE site. Didn't know about the deals other sites had, but I mostly don't care for them anyhow since I don't need a bluetooth headset and shit.
>>
>>55710604
The headphones from new egg you can sell for like $40, make some money back.
>>
>>55702373
>V10
>good battery life
Gonna have to pick one and only one, familia. The V10 sucks shit the battery is too small and the screen is too big. I had one for a couple weeks.
>>
>>55710268
How long were you waiting to pull that one out?
>>
is it safe to leave my phone slow charging overnight or should I just fast charge it in the morning?
>>
>>55710351
Here's that video I was referring to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN87cUqZN_Y
Just streaming constant video, the Axon 7 gets about 20 minutes less battery time than the OP3. Which honestly, isn't that bad, and if it's unlocked then roms could help that some.
>>
>>55710906
You can leave it charging overnight with 0 problems. Modern phones have circuits in the battery and/or phone that detect when the battery is full and stop current from flowing into it if battery is at 100%.
>>
s7 DeOdexed_Debloated_ROM stable when??
>>
>tfw no friends
My mom and sister are my only contacts in my phone.

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>55711035
I do, except that not even my sister wants to give me her number, my mom is my only contact and even then its just to call me whenever i dont come back by midnight from my mcjob.

>implying i give a fuck

This thing is basically just a compact, more efficient porn browser, carrying around a laptop just to jerk off to incest loli in 2 minutes at exactly 10 pm wasnt practical, and even then i wouldnt have bought this OPO if my old nokia brick hadnt been lost in the bus after 12 years of use.
>>
/g/ i never owned a smartphone. what do you guys recommend? i don't care about latest and greatest camera & screen. i don't need a shitton of storage or a shitton of botnet apps.
>>
>>55711562
Probably an older moto G, cheap but has enough features you need for normal shit like maps, internet, etc
>>
>>55711627
would a moto e suffice? price is lower.
>>
>>55711660
If that's all you need, sure. It's the definition of a budget phone but if you just wanna browse the net on the go and do SMS then sure. The Moto G's are just more capable, are 720p if you wanna watch any kind of video, and have more ram. But you can probably get away with a E model if you need something basic. There is a newer E model coming around Sept. though.
>>
new thread when?
>>
File: sadnegro.jpg (18KB, 296x394px) Image search: [Google]
sadnegro.jpg
18KB, 296x394px
>>55711035
mom\father\internet provider
>cousins calls you and says how you doing man then gets mad because i say who is this
>>
>>55710119
samshill naming it note7 to match the other flagships
>>
File: Claude-GTAIII.jpg (69KB, 515x472px) Image search: [Google]
Claude-GTAIII.jpg
69KB, 515x472px
/g/ help me look for a phone so i can finally be social again and as a birthday gift to myself
requirements is good looks\build\camera\battery life\audio quality
>>
>>55712033
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Embrace the maymay
>>
>>55712050
When will these silly chinks make a phone with bands 12 and 17
>>
>>55712050
kinda interested in one but are they actually good? also what about the really locked os.
sorry but i dont know much about phones
>>
redmi note 3 user, what screen protector are you using? Need a recommendation for against fingerprints and greasy face
>>
File: 2016-07-23 New Charger Port.jpg (977KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-23 New Charger Port.jpg
977KB, 1920x1440px
>put in new usb port
>tfw don't have to wiggle the cable anymore for it to charge
>>
>>55709528
I love her but is it just me or does this photo make it look like her body should belong to a fuckin munchkin or something, her legs are like twice as long as the rest of her
>>
>>55712092
Yeah, the build is surprisingly good and all the specs are great. The only lacking element is the camera and even then only if you compare it to flagships.

I couldn't yell you about MIUI, if you can follow Instructions there's no reason to use it over any custom ROM of your choice.
>>
What's a good smartphone for around €150? Preferably with stock android and good support on XDA.
>>
>>55712246
Just some long legs man. She would look different if she had average legs, or if you imagine them wrapped around your face
>>
>>55708284
Does it matter? This is going to be the best smartphone of 2016 anyway.
>>
when i order a rn3p, do i need to apply for the unlock code? or can you just unlock like any other phone now
im real fuckin confused about how to get this and unlock it, id really like to get this phone, unlock the bootloader, root, install cm/other custom rom, and use micro g instead of Gapps and be on my way
what do
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.