[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speakers general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: speakers.jpg (387KB, 2049x683px) Image search: [Google]
speakers.jpg
387KB, 2049x683px
I need something better for listening to music than a $10 pair of shitty genius pc speakers I currently have

I've read upon a few audio and speakers threads, which one would be the better choice here? I know they aren't the same budget.
>jbl lsr305
>yamaha hs5
>yamaha hs7
>klipsch r-15pm
which one should I get?

also would I benefit from an audio interface? like a focusrite scarlett solo? or is a mobo audiocard ? (Realtek ALC1150)
>>
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-51642

any anons have any experience with this?
>>
File: DSC_3464.jpg (2MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3464.jpg
2MB, 2592x3872px
soon
>>
File: 1450084857295.png (35KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1450084857295.png
35KB, 645x773px
>>55698794
>>
>>55698794
is it a yamaha anon?
>>
>>55697834
yamaha hs8
>>
>>55700184
Yeah, NS 690 II
The enclosure is all fucked up though, gotta fix it and spray it
>>
>>55700213
I don't have the budget, and I don't think I'd actually need to spend that much if I don't even plan to produce music
>>
>>55697834
I'm personally a big fan of Yamaha's offerings. I own the HS8s and use them in my bedroom for music composition and listening. Great speakers for sure.
Previously I owned the HS5s, and while they sounded great, they lacked a bit in the low end, which made my mixes sound fairly shit. This doesn't really apply to you though, so I'd also recommend them if you need a smaller monitor/don't have the space for 7s or 8s
>>
LSR 305
>>
Typically I recommend the LSR305s for people on a budget, as they are $100 cheaper than the HS5s and still sound pretty good.

I find them bass heavy though, so they aren't my go to personally.
>>
>>55701274
>I find them bass heavy though, so they aren't my go to personally.

Not at all, they are very flat
>>
>>55701291
Don't forget to take in to account your room acoustics.
Good speakers for sure, they just seem to lend them selves to the lower end more for me somehow
>>
>>55701380
have you tried using Isolation Pads?
>>
>>55701202
can you show me something you produced?
>>
I'm looking for suggestions for some DAC/amp combo (or going separate if needed).

Basically I'm trying to hook up:
A set of HS5s (bypass amp)
Ax-Fx2 (guitar preamp - want to hook up directly to HS5s to avoid latency)
Mic (bypass amp obviously)
HD 600 headphones (will be picking up a 800 later but these will run through the DAC and amp)

Any suggestions? I'd like to pick up a quality combo unit, but if a separate DAC and amp for the headphones is the best path, that works too.
>>
I am genuinely looking at buying the audioengine HD6. I want nice looking speakers with a grill, a wood finish, and no need for any other clutter on my desk. Worth the money? I will also use the bluetooth connectivity.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.