[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright fam, what should I do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1922.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1922.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
some of you lovely wonderful fa/g/gots may know me as wood panel guy, recently my friend and I built this desk, and by my friend and I built it, I mean he built it and i just sat there supplying him with coffee and holding things while he throws an autistic fit.

anyways, im not sure what I should do for a stain or lacquer for the desk, I want it to look nice but be durable at the same time. thoughts?
>>
>>55694213
> and by my friend and I built it, I mean he built it and i just sat there supplying him with coffee and holding things while he throws an autistic fit.
That's cute as fuck.

>anyways, im not sure what I should do for a stain or lacquer for the desk, I want it to look nice but be durable at the same time. thoughts?
Try having anti liquid paint. Or use a cupholder.
>>
>>55694213
Should sand it down a bit first, some of those edges look a little rough. Also See if you can do something about the brackets, they'll look off when you stain the desk.
>>
>>55694246
>Or use a cupholder.
i mean thats a good idea, but sometimes when i get frustrated i do the REE and start pushing or smashing shit, im not too worried about liquids or foods as im a fat neckbeard and savoir every ounce of food/drink possible so i very rarely spill anything... unless i got full REE.
>>
>>55694300
im going to round off the edges of the table and the shelves with a router when ever i get my hands on one, and i might be spray painting the brackets black or something similar to the colour of what ever stain/lacquer
>>
i like the design. sanding and dark varnish would give it some comfy ancient feels. i would build a separate sliding plank for the keyboard and mouse below the main desk as i think its too close to the monitor. cut out some cup holes on the main desk for spill proof autistic mishaps.
>>
>>55694355
Yea I think it would look really good if you did. The desk itself look pretty good though.
>>
>>55694213
>anyways, im not sure what I should do for a stain or lacquer for the desk, I want it to look nice but be durable at the same time. thoughts?

Sand done first, use several grades of sandpaper

Then rub danish oil into with a rag. Use several coats.

Finish it with several coats of wax.
>>
>>55694473
unfortunately a tray for the keyboard/mouse wont work because of the way I sit in my chair, i have a bad back and its annoying some days so i have my chair at max height and I tilt back so im in a sort of slouching position, the tops of the arm rests are an inch or so away from the bottom of the table, the cupholder thing is a good idea. the keyboard and mouse are farther away than what the pic looks like, it actually works quite well.

>>55694512
thanks, i appreciate the compliment, we're not carpenters, but i took a few years of drafting in highschool so i drew up a design that i wanted and we went with it. turned out better than I thought.
>>
>>55694580
Danish Oil? hmm i'll have to see how that looks, and see if any of the stores near by stock it. thanks for the suggestion
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.