[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

6 week programming bootcamp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1426741062291.jpg (34KB, 691x476px) Image search: [Google]
1426741062291.jpg
34KB, 691x476px
money's going to be tight as a nuns arsehole over summer and i want to learn programming skills that make me employable. not just dollar but dollar fucking cubed.

6 weeks before i go back to college.

what do i learn?
>>
js
>>
>>55689265
honestly this

If money's your game it doesn't hurt to learn what's relevant and why it became relevant. Not only can it help you predict trends, you'll be working with a technology that you know will be interacting with other cutting edge technology and methodologies.

With the explosion of the Internet, js is used in a lot of relevant projects and so there is tons of information on how to program with it
>>
>>55688982
Maybe take an English class instead because you sound like a fucking retard.
>>
>>55688982
H0w to get Aids
>>
>>55689372

yeah. barrier to entry is also comparatively low. even if you don't end up using it, it's everywhere, so it's good to be familiar with it. you may well have to fuck with javascript in a future gig, even if it's not a part of your job description, because of it's ubiquity.
>>
>>55688982
Drop programming, you will be replaced by Pajeet or some other poointheloo. Become a fucking plumber and go fix some sinks. You'll be kneedeep in pussy and charge them exhuberant rates per hour for it.
>>
>>55689435
lol

pajeet

kek!!!
>>
>>55688982
Forget learning to program. Just study GameMaker and exploit the indie game market.
>>
>>55689435

lol you're afraid of being cucked by the swole indians
>>
Anyone know how to hack or where to learn how to hack
>>
>>55689550

hack is such a broad and general term. hack what? either you're a troll or 12
>>
Clearly you are the wrong person to talk to...no malicious intent
>>
>>55689435
We need HVAC people, and the service jobs quite literally cant be outsourced.

Its a good trade to get into, you cant be a bumbling idiot like some other trades. You wont be competing with drop outs and mexicans like certain brute force trades.
>>
boot camps are the biggest rackets. they exist to take the money of SJWs and numales who think they can become SDEs in 6 weeks.

save your money. work in the evenings. work hard. then work even harder. you'll get there.
>>
>>55689637
why are tradesmen all such insufferable douchebags
>>
>>55688982
nigger are you fucking stupid? what exactly are trying to learn in 6 weeks? you can learn html in 6 weeks (a lot less actually), but if you are actually trying to speak a decently serious language you better take yourself a lot longer time than that.
>>
>>55689707
imagine you are in your 20s or 30s and you have reached both the intellectual and financial peak of your trade. all you can really do as a man is go around talking about how fucking virtuous you are for doing the job, and not the actual difficulty required to do it. you aren't going to make more money or learn anything new. it's basically like being a teacher.
>>
>>55689625

no. specify your terms. are you interested in signals? read alot about signal processing. you should probably be comfortable with shit like fourier transformations. modifying consumer electronics? likely you'll need years of study to get anywhere and a lot of fundamental knowledge about hardware, electricity, or you might burn your house down / shock yourself to death. if you want to fuck around with databases there are some common injections but if you want to actually know what you're doing and effectively navigate large systems you should be familiar with relational algebra + relational calculus. most """hacking""" is social engineering or phishing. there are utilities to do things like monitor network traffic and such, for encrypted communications you will need to know about cryptography and a fair deal about networking. for fuck sakes put in the slightest amount of effort
>>
>>55689758
Society says that working in the trades is for the poor and the stupid.
And in some ways, its is.

But those that walk around with a chip on their shoulder are just conceited assholes. They "made it" by working hard and making "decent" money without schooling, even though society said they wouldnt.

It also doesnt help that most people only see the idiots who work in the private sector.
Commercial work is a whole lot different than the private entrepreneurs out there.
>>
Ok please tell me /g/ what should i study to not be part of the over saturated market ?
>>
>>55689914

find a niche or fuck off and kill yourself
>>
>>55689926

network. who do you know? what kind of opportunities are around? what are the particulars of the local market and are you willing to relocate? what kind of community is there? stop asking questions that spawn a million questions. no one can answer this but yourself
>>
>>55689914
>thinking you can compete with children half your age
>with more experience
>with the prospect of being paid a fraction of what your wages would be

Its not just a meme, outsourcing for spaghetti code is a reality that we all have to deal with. You cant even get or hold a job in your late 20s, unless you are special anymore.
>>
>>55688982
You won't be a good programmer after 6 weeks, no way. But I still think bootcamps are an excellent way to figure out whether it's something you're interested in, as it's a good chance to try it out and see what it's like. So definitely go for it.
>>
>>55689637

Can agree with the idea of knowing at least one trade. I just got my degree in Computer Engineering in may and have been job searching in my spare time. When I am waiting for calls/emails and such, I've been helping my father, who is your stereotypical Frenchman do drywall and carpentry on the side. It isn't as much money as I'll be getting with my big boy job, but $18 USD an hour isn't so bad for helping out on weekends and some weekdays. That's just for helping out too. You can make beaucoup dollars in the trades. All you gotta do is not do shit work and not be a dick. Don't be that electrician that my father has to go to job sites with during estimates because the guy can be a prick and piss off the homeowners.
>>
File: ruskiflip.gif (790KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
ruskiflip.gif
790KB, 267x200px
>>55689372
>trends
>cutting edge
>explosion

why cant I hold all these buzz words
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
Take the first 6 weeks of CS50 and then realize you want to finish it. It's all free.

Or let me guess, you're a pleb and like the idea of programming but don't want to commit?
>>
OP here I know javascript and c# i thought you faggots would try and challenge me but you think i'm as retarded as you
sure is summer in here
>>
File: alucarda.jpg (78KB, 343x475px) Image search: [Google]
alucarda.jpg
78KB, 343x475px
>>55688982
>tight as a nuns arsehole

You've clearly never watched any 70s era Spanish nunsploitation flicks have you? If they are to be believed, the only thing nuns like more than lesbian sex, bi sex, and straight sex, it's worshiping, and fucking Satan. Movies and TV never lie, so I'm afraid that nun's asshole you are thinking about is probably ruined, and she has to wear adult diapers.
>>
>Summerfag
Pick up a programming book and read it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.