[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC turns on, then off.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: enermax_ostroga[1].jpg (68KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
enermax_ostroga[1].jpg
68KB, 500x572px
Need help.
When my graphics card is installed and I try to power on my computer, the computer stays on for 1 second or so before completely shutting down - no lights on anything. Then it reboots, but it doesn't boot up windows or show the BIOS, or anything. The screen remains black.

I've googled around and issues go from anything between poorly seated RAM/HDDs, damaged mobo, too much thermal paste in the CPU, or damaged/inadequate PSU. Seeing as how the problem only happens when the graphics card is installed, I'm inclined to believe it has something only to do with the connection between the PSU and the GPU itself.

The PSU is Seasonic X 750W, the graphics card is EVGA GTX1070. I am using a "one 8-pin PSU to two 8-pin PCI-E" power cable to the connect the two, using only one of the two 8-pin PCI-E heads inserted into the card and the other not connected.

>https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Seasonic/X-750/images/box_cables.jpg
The cable is the second and the fifth type on the top row of this picture.

Anyone know what the issue is here? Some people say it happens if your PSU isn't able to supply enough power to the CPU, but 750W should be enough for the GTX1070 right?
>>
>>55688699
>Seasonic
That's your problem.
>>
Jizz on it
>>
How did you post in /g/ then?
Fake and gay/10
>>
/g/ isn't tech support but here

>Check all your cables. Make sure everything is plugged in.

>Reseat the ram. Take it all out and try each slot individually

>Remove the CMOS battery, unplug the system and press the power button to drain everything of power and try again.

>Try to boot with nothing but the cpu, ram, and power
>>
>>55688763
Hehe
Classic /jee/
>>
Most likely not enough power, test the PSU/ try another one
>>
>>55688699

I know what problem you have OP 'cause I have the same PSU which is top quality btw
So you're not using the cables that were given to you with the graphics card.
You're using the cables that came with the PSU and that's a mistake, just power it properly with the cables shipped with the GPU.
Next, you need a power surge or ups.
Boot your rig without the graphics card, reset the bios to defaults if you can. Remove any hard switches for xmp and ratio tuning. What's probably happening is your bclk is auto tuned. Set your DRAM at default speed. First thing is power here so make sure no eco stuff are activated including for the cpu, disable emi spectrum spread, power line 9, remove all power savings, then just put all settings to the max using the manual. probably trie PCIE on PCH instead of auto and then use PEG. it's more likely just a power issue, again use the cables given with the card and make sure they're plugged right. the psu has specific areas for pcie
>>
Plug in the cpu power cable.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.