[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REPAIR SHOP FUCKED ME OVER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: JUSTDOITALREADY.jpg (30KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDOITALREADY.jpg
30KB, 456x320px
The day after I got overwatch, my charger port was broken and I couldn’t charge my PC anymore, so the next day I took it to a repair shop, and they kept it for 2 weeks, I got it back 3 days ago and now they replaced the charger port, gave me a broken keyboard, (pressing a key would open some windows 10 programs) + they replaced my Nvidia GTX 560M video card because they told me "It was a bad video card".
So I can’t install nvidia geforce anymore or update any drivers, they charged me $325.
I went back and asked for a refund, and I got a refund of $170. The day before I was to pick it up, the guy called me and told me "Your video card seems to be bad, and your keyboard isn't working well, you might need to buy a seperate keyboard." Now I'm here on my phone posting this.

I just wanted to fix my charger port. My keyboard and video card were fine before. Now I have "Microsoft Render Software" for my Overwatch and it's slow and terrible, I can't install any drivers now. What do I do? Is my Nvidia 560M still in my PC?
>>
>>55687090
Probably not. Those fuckers probably stole it from you.
Bad luck anon. I guess the best thing you could do is go to the police and file it under theft or fraud.
>>
>>55687090
Oh, also, to see EXACTLY what they've done hardware wise, google & install 'Speccy' and see what the GPU lists. If there's no GPU to list, or its not the 560M, you got fucked.
>>
>>55687090
>replacing GPU
>on a laptop
Yeah, sell that shit and get something else. Once they cut it and soldered something else in it's place it won't last for long.
I had to replace the GPU in my laptop and the guy at the service told me that is possible but will not last very long. After 6 months problems will pop up again with the GPU. After about 8 months I am getting artifacts on screen again. Should have listened to the guy and sold it earlier.
>>
File: zoombinifaggots.jpg (16KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
zoombinifaggots.jpg
16KB, 315x250px
>>55687090
install zoombinis
>>
should I post the shop address? they had 5 star reviews

Im using a virtual keyboard right now and its a pain
>>
I'm 100% sure gt 300 400 and 500 mobile is the last upgradable gpu for nvidia yes repair shop steal your gpu/are u sure they're not replace whole laptop/board ?. for keyboard they probably tear your laptop wrong and short/wrecking keyboard pin.
>>
>>55687090
Sue them, they can't do this without your consent.
>>
post thier address / phone numba
>>
Open your laptop, figure out what they did.

If the GPU is gone, or anything else is awry, go to the shop and use physical force to reconcile the situation. Or spend some time figuring out how to break in. Can't say more without context, but I know with certainty if I was fucked over like that, I wouldn't let it go.

I do things myself for this reason. The risk is part of the deal with having someone else do something, but that doesn't make it right.
>>
I'm actually rather sorry to hear that OP, you actually got screwed

let this become a lesson though - from here on out buy business grade laptops (Lenovo, Dell, HP), download all the youtube videos and the repair manuals for the model(s) you own, and learn to do the work yourself.
That is by no intention meant to be snarky, its just the best way to do things. You cannot trust anyone besides yourself.
>>
>>55687198
He is probably some beta kid who didn't make anything clear and got worked for it.

OP you need to confront them and tell them exactly what you want done, nothing more. Get it in writing. Then when this happens you have legal recourse - more than likely they will make things right to avoid court or bad rep.

You have already accepted a bad refund so there isn't much more you can do. Good luck and be smarter in the future
>>
File: 1468741343870.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1468741343870.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
>>55687090
What did they replace the gpu with? 980m? Gtx880m?
>>
>>55687090
>geforce
sounds like they were doing you a favor, OP
>>
>>55687301
You actually took the time to post this.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (127KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
127KB, 1000x750px
>>55687090
They took your card
>>
Call a lawyer. Tell them that it also caused you a ton of emotional and social distress, as OW is the primary means of interaction between you, and your social group.
>>
>>55687305
you actually took the time to post that.
either way
>gaming
>>
>>55687376
>programing

Your hobby is not better theirs.
>>
>>55687412
>implying i program
kek at least programmers create things

at least they contribute something
>>
>>55687442
And you know his life? Nigga, that's why you have so few friends
>>
>>55687184
do it
>>
>>55687412

Hey fuck you, programming isn't just a hobby, it's my whole life.
>>
>>55687489
gamers don't have lives
>>
>>55687524
You life sucks then.
>>
>>55687259
>>55687346
These. Especially the second. Sue their asses off OP.
>>
>>55688000
>gamer
>plays the victim card
typical

enjoy your ban faggot, calls to raid aren't allowed
>>
File: JUSTBLUR.jpg (46KB, 960x745px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTBLUR.jpg
46KB, 960x745px
>>55687198
>>55687621
>>55687346
I can't sue if damage isn't over $500
JUST
>>
>repair shops stealing laptop GPUs
you lot are having a fucking giggle right
>>
>not getting quotes from different local shops
>then picking the best after you scoped them out
consider this a learning experience.
>>
>>55687090
>they replaced my Nvidia GTX 560M

With what, nigga?

You better make sure they ain't screwed you over and put in a less capable GPU.
>>
>>55688042
Small claims court, nigga
>>
>>55687246
>go to the shop and use physical force to reconcile the situation. Or spend some time figuring out how to break in.
You are the stupidest person I have seen on 4chan today.
>>
>>55688137
"microsoft render driver"
>>
>>55688164
So they have either disabled the GPU or physically removed it. OP needs to enter his BIOS and see if it is still listed.

If they took it he needs to go in and demand it back or tell them he is calling the police for stolen property.
>>
>>55688164
The Microsoft Basic Renderer Driver is just the basic driver installed for GPUs without their respective driver. They could have just not fucking installed a driver.

OP, download the free version of Speccy (https://www.piriform.com/speccy) and take a screenshot and post it here. Model of your computer as well (i.e. Alienware M15X R2) along with any info you have on the pre-fucked configuration. Post the address/name of the business as well. If you get fucked over by a company, you're well within your rights to leave a negative review to inform other consumers.

Normally I laugh at people who fuck over their own shit but I genuinely feel bad for OP. Laptop repair can easily be over someone's head if they don't know what they're doing, and taking it to a shop was probably a smart choice. From what OP said the store had good reviews too, so it looks like he did his homework.
>>
>>55688042
That's why I said claim emotional and social distress/suffering. That will push the price up. If you have throw in lawyer fees and the price of a new labtop, then you easily have well over $500.
>>
>>55687176
THATS THE GAME I USED TO PLAY AS A KID!!!! Holy fuck I've been trying to remember the name of that game for ages.
>>
>>55687090
I know it's a bait but i'm sure there are people that pay for changing a charger port while it takes 15 minutes to change it.
>>
>>55688242
I work at one such computer repair shop. Trust me he did not do the smart thing. Although in this case seems like he got extra screwed. I mean... typically just quote $200 to run windows reset whenever someone claims they have viruses. I don't try to actually steal their hardware.
>>
>>55687090
Just install Speccy, give us a screen shot, and drag their name through the mud.
>>
>>55689797
Its not bait.

>>55690034
Heres the website:
http://www.marincomputerrepair.com/
>>
4 hours later OP still doesn't know what hardware is there or what was even done
>>
>>55690650
update: my PC's screen is now a 1280x800 resolution now. the screen turned black twice. that the heckerino did they do to my PC
>>
>>55687090
this is why you use a quality credit card like amex so you don't get meme'd
>>
>>55690813
SPECCY.

Seriously nigga.
>>
Post the speccy or shut the fuck up, you spineless worm

If the GPU is missing, you walk into the shop as soon as they open and refuse to leave to get it back as you did not authorize any GPU replacement or GPU work, they LITERALLY stole from you if that was the case

Next time do not let that shit slide, you should have been up in arms the second he said anything about working on anything that was not your charging port

From now on, act like you know a damn thing about your own computer, and people wont be as likely to take advantage of you like this
>>
>4 hours
>no speccy
>no pictures at all
It didn't happen, why do mods keep this crap around? The /g/-daisuki threads are better than this
>>
>>55687090
>What do I do? Is my Nvidia 560M still in my PC?
Why are you asking us? Run speccy you stupid shit
>>
File: 1463018201246.jpg (6KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
1463018201246.jpg
6KB, 280x180px
>took computer to a pajeet repair shop
>>
File: Capture.png (155KB, 711x514px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
155KB, 711x514px
>>
>>55692007
Your GPU is still there. You probably just cucked your drivers being an idiot
>>
>>55687090
NIGGA YOU JUST GOT SCAMMED BY A REPAIR SHOP, HOW COULD YOU BE SUCH A FUCKING KEK!?

YOU SHOULD OF DEMANDED THEY REPAIR YOUR KEYBOARD FOR FREE FOR FUCKING IT UP OR REFUND YOU THE MONEY FOR THE CHARGING PORT.

DID YOU EVEN FEEL THE NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR GPU, OR DID YOU JUST GET YOUR ASS SWEET TALKED INTO IT?

LAPTOP GPU'S CAN COST UPWARDS TO $1000 DOLLARS

EVEN A FUCKING 770M IS LIKE $400
>>
>>55692007
good bait, look how long you had this thread going, now go outside you underage shit
>>
>>55692007
Try downloading and installing this.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/368.81/368.81-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

Your graphics card is still in your system, but the driver isn't installed for some reason. These are the latest from NVIDIA's site directly.
>>
>>55692007
kek.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.